Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
Lavabug
Human being with feelings

Default "USB Guitar Link" (Behringer UCG102)... working?

Hi everyone. I'm in the market for a guitar interface on the cheap that'll work fine with Reaper. I had a Presonus Inspire 1394 which I used with Reaper and was great but I sold it as I need a USB interface now, and have decided to go with a strictly guitarist-oriented interface as I no longer mic anything.

Any success stories running the UCG102 with amp modeling VST's(I have amplitube 2) and/or Toontrack's EZdrummer in Reaper? I'm specifically looking at the unbranded UCG102's that are all around ebay, which are the exact same device that Behringer sells. Any issues? Thanks in advance.
Lavabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
cak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavabug View Post
I'm specifically looking at the unbranded UCG102's that are all around ebay, which are the exact same device that Behringer sells. Any issues? Thanks in advance.
Sorry I cannot directly answer your question, although I used to have a behringer iaxe guitar that, as far as I can tell, had the same hardware as the UCG102 built-in and I can confirm that the usb interface was really a nice, working feature to play with.

Anyway, I've stumbled upon the unbranded versions you're talking about on ebay, and I was wondering if you have any confirmation that they are really based on the exact same hardware as the official behringer one. I mean, they look very similar indeed, but what about functionality and included software? Did you find any reliable info?

Thank you.
cak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Lavabug

Hi, well I've had one of those unbranded ucg102's for quite a while now and as far as I can tell the same thing behringer sells. It even works with the Behringer drivers from their website. I haven't cracked it open to compare it to a "genuine" Behringer but its compatibility with the Behringer driver speaks for itself. I didn't bother with the included mini CD (probably had a virus, from past experiences buying cheap USB devices from Asia). Windows also automatically recognizes it as a soundcard and it can also be used with asio4all, though for latency-free recording the Behringer driver does what its supposed to do.

Works flawlessly on 64-bit OS, with reaper and amp sim software like amplitube 2 and GR3. Hope that helps.
Lavabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
cak

Yes thank you, that basically answers my question (which went something like: will this even work? ).
Bundled software is probably not important: I still have Guitar Rig installed on my pc, Audacity is free, and I had to download the ASIO driver from the web anyway.

Btw, I hadn't realized that this topic was so old when I posted, thank you for your prompt reply!
cak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:52 AM   #5
abrogard

Default More Clues... Please

I just got one of the Behringer Guitar Links - from eBay, unbranded, but comes up as 'Behringer' in Audacity, for instance. I don't know about the 'ucg102' bit, though. Just 'Guitar Link' it is known as to me, and on eBay.

BUT - doesn't work. I can't record from it.

Recognised in the software but still doesn't produce any recording.

Can anyone tell me how I can get it to work? Any software it is known to work with? And how? Like is it best to download those Behringer drivers? Am I reading those last posts right... it works without any drivers?

Later Edit:

Woops.... did a bit of actual work myself and tried it. Yep. Disabled the device in control panel/device manager and then pulled the USB plug out and stuck it back in a different port (with the computer switched on all the time - very, very bad practice, is it?) and XP recognised an audio device and so did Audacity and I was able to make a recording... all within a couple of minutes... after hours of frustration this afternoon...

Thanks guys.

And if there's further advice you'd like to give me I'm obviously in need of it... a real babe in the wood with this stuff.........

Last edited by abrogard; 07-25-2011 at 05:04 AM.
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote