Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 06-09-2018, 04:39 AM   #561
alextone
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
Ah, so you were running out of file handles too? Glad to hear that the ram limit seems to be gone. FWIW, I've also upped filehandles to 65536, seem to remember having some problems loading certain projects otherwise.

In any case I'm happy for you if you can get going without kontakt, until NI would port it to linux, it's bound to be an exercise in masochism trying to get so much going with linvst/wine/kontakt. Also seems like dark times are coming for opensource projects using vst2, as steinberg seems dead set on wiping out the standard. In a while users won't be able to download the headers needed to build vst2 plugins, and one project got a DMCA takedown request for the vestige header it had in the github repo.. Not sure where this is going to end up...
If they get nasty on this, then i shall respectfully ask Justin to implement LV2, as we already have linuxsampler (and other plugins) in that format as well. There may be one or two additional challenges with it, but there seems to be little choice between learning a new format, and standing in court getting litigiously roasted over a fire by a baying pack of legal reptiles with near unlimited supplies of legalistic KYgel to probe with, and inflict on a hapless victim.
There will be enthusiastic young dev padawans out there who, faced with the reality and potential cost of corporate "altruism", may seek to instead build their modest plugin fortunes around an open source format like LV2; being then able to express themselves freely, without the fear of being yet another victim of corporate profit seeking, and monopolistic intent.

Not that i'm cynical..

Alex.

Last edited by alextone; 06-09-2018 at 04:50 AM.
alextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #562
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextone View Post
Not that I'm cynical..
Me neither

Still vst3 ought to be doable for linux too, maybe that's the future

It's tiresome though that corporate issues hold back users...
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:15 AM   #563
shosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
Has anyone got this script to work in linux? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=204972

I'm starting to wonder if there is a linux specific bug preventing it from working properly.
After a bit more investigation I think there is a bug in linux reaper. I managed to get this script working in Windows but in linux the smartknobs script GUI is not drawn properly, it detects which effect is selected but it does not draw the parameter chooser - https://i.imgur.com/WYBXWpZ.png
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #564
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
After a bit more investigation I think there is a bug in linux reaper. I managed to get this script working in Windows but in linux the smartknobs script GUI is not drawn properly, it detects which effect is selected but it does not draw the parameter chooser - https://i.imgur.com/WYBXWpZ.png
Hmm this script works similar in linux as it does in macOS -- do you have the LBX-FaderBox script instantiated on the control track? That seems to be necessary.

There are some bugs in that script which I could occasionally trigger, sometimes it will fault accessing FFX which ends up as nil. And a spotted a typo, I'll post this in that thread though.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #565
shosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hmm this script works similar in linux as it does in macOS -- do you have the LBX-FaderBox script instantiated on the control track? That seems to be necessary.
Yes, it is there on the track and all seems to be working other than not drawing the controls. That's partly why I wanted to try it in Windows, just in case I was doing something wrong. Maybe it's one of the bugs you mention though, let's see what the author has to say.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #566
shosty

I'm not sure what the issue is but I tried one more time and now it is working so it looks like there isn't a bug, probably user error.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:58 AM   #567
shosty

Is there a way to get plugin and dialog type windows so they are not contained within the main reaper window? I'm using KDE Plasma and I know ardour has something in their online manual about this, specifically for KDE, but the tips there don't seem to have any effect on reaper, unless I just didn't set it up correctly.

I keep losing FX guis and it becomes quite fiddly to have to go back to the track and open it again rather than just alt-tabbing.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #568
clepsydrae

Quote:
Is there a way to get plugin and dialog type windows so they are not contained within the main reaper window? I'm using KDE Plasma and I know ardour has something in their online manual about this, specifically for KDE, but the tips there don't seem to have any effect on reaper, unless I just didn't set it up correctly.

I keep losing FX guis and it becomes quite fiddly to have to go back to the track and open it again rather than just alt-tabbing.
I use "present windows" in KDE and, where the alt-tab doesn't show individual window, the 'present windows' does.

It'd be nice to have the option you describe. I did not find an obvious place in the KDE settings to achieve it. I tried to whip up a custom window settings to force a certain window type on all the reaper windows. (settings -> window management -> window rules -> [rule] -> appearance & fixes -> window type -> [force] -> Normal Window ) which worked in general but had no effect on the task switcher.

Can you provide the link to the ardour setup docs?
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #569
shosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydrae View Post
Can you provide the link to the ardour setup docs?
Sure here - http://manual.ardour.org/ardour-conf.../kde-plasma-5/

I just tried your method and I can alt tab through open windows in reaper. Reaper still shows up as one window in the task bar though.

Does Windows reaper act like this? When I ran reaper with wine I seem to remember it acting the same but I assumed it was a wine issue.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #570
clepsydrae

Quote:
I just tried your method and I can alt tab through open windows in reaper. Reaper still shows up as one window in the task bar though.
Oh, well that's progress then. :-) Probably it depends on which alt-tab switcher you use. I'm using the "compact" switcher. But oddly I have "only one window per application" unselected and it still shows Reaper as only one option in the switcher. Anyway, glad it's mostly working for you.

Quote:
Does Windows reaper act like this? When I ran reaper with wine I seem to remember it acting the same but I assumed it was a wine issue.
Can't recall, and not in front of windows... memory says that it treats it as one unified option in the tab switcher.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:38 PM   #571
shane

Default [RE:] half-broken left mouse button!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxmarv View Post
Built libSwell with GDK2=1 and all controls work perfectly.
Ran into the same weird left mouse click behavior you described, similar environment:

Debian Stretch (9.3)
libgtk-3-dev 3.22.11-1
Kernel 4.9.0-5-amd64
Reaper v5.92pre2 (77f83f)

Installing libgtk2.0-dev 2.24.31-2, compiling libSwell with GTK2=1, and running Reaper with the new libSwell solved the issue for me as well.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:47 AM   #572
Jack Winter

Quote:

Locate reaper.ini, search for “gdk_owned_windows_in_tasklist” set it to 1. Think this will take care of your issue.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Old 06-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #573
shosty

Quote:
Locate reaper.ini, search for “gdk_owned_windows_in_tasklist” set it to 1. Think this will take care of your issue.
That doesn't seem to make any difference that I can tell, unfortunately.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #574
Jack Winter

Hmm, could have sworn that this worked before. Let me see what I can figure out. Don't know if something has changed in swell or in kwin.

Edit: Try with gdk_owned_windows_keep_above=0 too? Think that is what you want. Like that I can alt tab between the main reaper window and children.

Last edited by Jack Winter; 06-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #575
clepsydrae

Default project notes always opening

In the linux version, I somehow got to a state where the project notes opened every time every project was opened, regardless of the state of "Show notes on project load" for the individual project. This happened after intentionally enabling that value for one of the projects. After that, every project would open with the project notes and that checkbox would be checked regardless of its past state. Disabling it and saving a project had no effect.

But I looked in reaper.ini and found "opennotes=1". I just changed it to "0" and the problem is gone.

Any idea how this "master" show project notes option gets set? I can't find a place in the UI to adjust that. Is there a switch somewhere?

I tried to reproduce the issue with a new reaper.ini and could not.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #576
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clepsydrae View Post
In the linux version, I somehow got to a state where the project notes opened every time every project was opened, regardless of the state of "Show notes on project load" for the individual project. This happened after intentionally enabling that value for one of the projects. After that, every project would open with the project notes and that checkbox would be checked regardless of its past state. Disabling it and saving a project had no effect.

But I looked in reaper.ini and found "opennotes=1". I just changed it to "0" and the problem is gone.

Any idea how this "master" show project notes option gets set? I can't find a place in the UI to adjust that. Is there a switch somewhere?

I tried to reproduce the issue with a new reaper.ini and could not.

Thanks, fixing. This is a bug in all versions -- if you save the default project settings with that enabled, it will enable it when loading projects that do not have notes (though if the project has notes, it respects the setting of the project).
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #577
clepsydrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Thanks, fixing. This is a bug in all versions -- if you save the default project settings with that enabled, it will enable it when loading projects that do not have notes (though if the project has notes, it respects the setting of the project).
Wonderful, thanks!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #578
shosty

Quote:
Hmm, could have sworn that this worked before. Let me see what I can figure out. Don't know if something has changed in swell or in kwin.

Edit: Try with gdk_owned_windows_keep_above=0 too? Think that is what you want. Like that I can alt tab between the main reaper window and children.
This is strange, when set to =1 I did get the mixer to be its own window in the taskbar but now set to 0 or 1 I can't get it to do that now. Alt tab works but still all contained in the same one window.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:11 AM   #579
Jack Winter

Quote:
This is strange, when set to =1 I did get the mixer to be its own window in the taskbar but now set to 0 or 1 I can't get it to do that now. Alt tab works but still all contained in the same one window.
For me gdk_owned_windows_in_tasklist=1, makes the windows appear in the tasklist, and gdk_owned_windows_keep_above=0 makes it possible to put them behind the main window thus to tab around. Maybe play with gdk_raise_owned_windows too?

Alternatively is it possible that you have multiple reaper.ini files? Look where the executable is, in ~/.REAPER and in ~/.config/REAPER.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:13 AM   #580
Jack Winter

A headsup, it seems abique has fixed the resizing issue with u-he plugins in vst3 format. See this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/UheOnLinux/...bra2_rev_7468/
Old 06-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #581
experimentfailed

Default Control Surfaces

I have 3 MIDI controllers: Keystation61, BCF2000, and BCR2000. At first, nothing worked and I had no MIDI ports at all. Then I tried running jack with the following:

Code:
jackd -Xalsarawmidi -d alsa --device hw:2 -r 88200 -p 256 > jack.log &
Then I got a bunch of MIDI ports in both JACK and REAPER (under MIDI Devices), was able to set enable+control on them, and they sprang to life - can play VSTi's with my keyboard, use transport, all the faders/kobs on the Behringer devices work, etc. After a process of elimination, I was able to configure aliases to identify which devices are on which ports (hopefully that's not a moving target).

Then I went to set up my BCF in Mackie emulation mode (which I had working in Wine+REAPER, so I know it works in general). Under Control/OSC/web configuration, I can add a Mackie Extender, and can select the MIDI ports then hit OK. However, nothing happens. No error, but no response from the BCF and REAPER does not respond to the BCF. When I go back into Control/OSC/web configuration, the Mackie Extender I added is still listed, but when I click Edit, the window is blank, except for the 3 dropdowns to select mode and midi ports, with only the mode still filled out (midi ports are no longer selected). I can set it up again, but it just does the same thing again.

Also, not sure how to reproduce, but a few times it somehow changed the mode to Faderport instead of Mackie...

This might require a bug report but figured I"d call out here to see if anybody else has had any luck...maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
experimentfailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #582
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by experimentfailed View Post
I have 3 MIDI controllers: Keystation61, BCF2000, and BCR2000. At first, nothing worked and I had no MIDI ports at all. Then I tried running jack with the following:

Code:
I've never used midi controllers in reaper for linux..

One tip, AFAIK with JACK1 you ought to use the -Xseq parm for jack. With JACK2 you have to run the a2jmidid utility. Maybe the -Xalsarawmidi parameter creates some problem?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #583
experimentfailed

Quote:
I've never used midi controllers in reaper for linux..

One tip, AFAIK with JACK1 you ought to use the -Xseq parm for jack. With JACK2 you have to run the a2jmidid utility. Maybe the -Xalsarawmidi parameter creates some problem?
Well, I have to admit I was VERY skeptical about this...but.... it works!!

What's annoying, is that initially I had no midi ports in JACK/REAPER at all, and googling "jack midi" should have lead me to this, but few of the results were even related to jack proper and even fewer referenced midi configuration. Oh well...at least we got there eventually!

Thank you very much. Now, as far as I can tell, all of my gear is working and I can FINALLY get back to setting up my workflow and making music \o/

Cheers

EDIT: Full disclosure
Code:
# a2jmidid --export-hw
b/c I HATE it when people don't post the specific solution/commands that worked for them.

Last edited by experimentfailed; 06-18-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #584
4duhwinnn

Just to be clear, now that you have

a2jmidid --export-hw

are there changes to the previous command:

Do you just omit the -Xalsarawmidi? or?

Congrats to you and Jack Winter for teamwork!
Cheers
4duhwinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #585
experimentfailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
Just to be clear, now that you have

a2jmidid --export-hw

are there changes to the previous command:

Do you just omit the -Xalsarawmidi? or?

Congrats to you and Jack Winter for teamwork!
Cheers
Didn't even think about it, but yes, I did, correct.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #586
4duhwinnn

I'll bet there are dozens of those Behringer devices
owned by linux users, who temporarily gave up hope on
full usage. This might even drift over into FB1010 guitar
controller territory.
Cheers
Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #587
experimentfailed

Quote:
I'll bet there are dozens of those Behringer devices
owned by linux users, who temporarily gave up hope on
full usage. This might even drift over into FB1010 guitar
controller territory.
Cheers
Yea, and I spoke too soon. It's super glitchy. Lags/skips in MIDI I/O such that I have to randomly and quickly tap buttons before they register. Fader movements are choppy (tho seems smooth from REAPER to the controller). Everything is smooth if I just use control mode from MIDI Devices (well, idk how to test the faders that way, but the buttons and encoders are fine), so guess something is out of whack with control surface specific handling or something. I have always had better luck with Klinke's plugin (and pretty sure I read that there is a Linux build somewhere) so maybe I'll give that a try just to cover all my bases.

Either way, now I'm back to square one on that issue

EDIT: Well, if Klinke for Linux exists, I can't find it now. Ugh.

Last edited by experimentfailed; 06-18-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #588
4duhwinnn

Speaking of guitar controllers, the Primova MIDX-20
dual usb host gets a positive review in the new
Electronic Musician mag, and they mentioned the
control software works pretty well in 'Wineskin'
which is new to me. (Primova recommended testing
in various window-alternatives, and no mac version exists)
They mention it's internal midi bridge working with
Fender Mustang and Boss Katana usb amps,
and good control of McMillan Softstep2, Boss GP10, Roland GR55,
Roland MBD-1 bass/drum module, and Fishman Triple Play,
and immediate response to analog foot controllers

5pin midi i/o or merge
two bi-directional usb jacks
2 trs jacks for expression pedal, footswitch etc

There is a recessed button that can set things up
without a computer, based on poking it in various combinations
of speed and number, arcade-like, but apparently works.

http://www.primovasound.com/

Last edited by 4duhwinnn; 06-18-2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: speling
Old 06-18-2018, 08:42 PM   #589
4duhwinnn

Have you tried a periods/buffer of 3
at 44100 or 48000?

Is there anything running at higher priority
than your audio? Seems like if it's up and running,
the glitches should be defeatable...
I have a pretty standard intel computer,
but the usb implementation is a ratsnest!
Cheers
Old 06-19-2018, 02:22 AM   #590
Jack Winter

There are 2 types of midi ports, ALSA and JACK. JACK1 contains an internal client to bridge between them, while JACK2 needs an external utility. Personally I have no clue how well this works as I don't use midi..

Hopefully reaper will get support for ALSA midi too some day soon.

What to do if it's glitchy is something I really can't advice on. Maybe try to troubleshoot it well and post here. I think control surface support is something very much untested in reaper for linux.

Edit: Yes the suggestion to try 3 periods / buffer, bigger bufferzise, etc is probably a good one. Also possibly to make sure that you've raised the priority of the soundcard interrupt if you haven't done that already.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:51 AM   #591
MrHaroldA

I bought myself a Roland SPD11 last week which I plan to use to feed midi into DrumGizmo. I haven't looked into the Jack / Midi / Reaper combination yet ...

ALSA midi would be nice, as the Jack implementation seems complex and prone for error.

I can't really play the drums, so I expect to do a lot of midi editing anyway
MrHaroldA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:13 AM   #592
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaroldA View Post
I bought myself a Roland SPD11 last week which I plan to use to feed midi into DrumGizmo. I haven't looked into the Jack / Midi / Reaper combination yet ...

ALSA midi would be nice, as the Jack implementation seems complex and prone for error.

Not sure that it is. The only thing is that you have to remember to make something bridge between ALSA and JACK type midi ports. With jack1 use -Xseq (ALSA sequencer support), and with JACK2 run "a2jmidid -e". As reaper so far only has JACK midi support, this will make reaper see the ALSA (physical) midi ports as JACK midi ports.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:13 AM   #593
kytdkut

I stopped using a2jmidid -e due to lags and stuck/missing notes and other issues. Then started using ALSA Sequencer MIDI driver and problems are gone.

If you use jack1 you can enable it as Jack says. I have jack2-dbus and have to enable it using "jack_control dps midi-driver seq [dps period 64 dps nperiods 3...]". In jack2 I guess it'll be "jackd -xseq [...]"
kytdkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:17 AM   #594
experimentfailed

Quote:
Have you tried a periods/buffer of 3
at 44100 or 48000?

Is there anything running at higher priority
than your audio? Seems like if it's up and running,
the glitches should be defeatable...
I have a pretty standard intel computer,
but the usb implementation is a ratsnest!
Cheers
No, haven't tried that as this is specifically relating to MIDI data and I don't think those settings affect that. Not having any audio glitches/crackling that would be symptomatic of too much sample rate or too little buffers. I'll try it anyway, just in case I'm wrong!

I run everything in default priority; no realtime. Even if I set high priority and realtime, however, I don't think that would sort this...It's far too severe to make me think it's a raw performance/scheduling issue, but again: I could be wrong so will save that as a hail mary.

Quote:

You shouldn't have any issues w/ an instrument MIDI controller, such as electronic drums or keyboard, in case you were concerned! My issue seems to only affect specifically when I set a device up as a Control Surface in REAPER, which is separate from "normal" MIDI configuration.

Quote:
I stopped using a2jmidid -e due to lags and stuck/missing notes and other issues. Then started using ALSA Sequencer MIDI driver and problems are gone.

If you use jack1 you can enable it as Jack says. I have jack2-dbus and have to enable it using "jack_control dps midi-driver seq [dps period 64 dps nperiods 3...]". In jack2 I guess it'll be "jackd -xseq [...]"
Thanks! I'll investigate that asap...Sounds very much like what I'm experiencing, only being a control surface it manifests in the form of missing button presses and jumpy fader movements. I'm using JACK2 so sounds like I'll have a bit to figure out on my own or will have to try to migrate to JACK1 somehow w/o breaking my system.

Last edited by experimentfailed; 06-19-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #595
shosty

I think I've come across a couple of bugs.

Sometimes after rendering the screen stays dark after closing the render dialog.

If jack is not started sometimes you get the windows saying that it's a demo, and the no devices found, but the main reaper window never appears. It is running in the background though.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #596
experimentfailed

I've done a bit more troubleshooting on my control surface issue. Mainly, I completely forgot that they were plugged into a USB hub. So I rearranged such that they are now plugged directly into the computer.

First, I tried and failed to figure out what kytdkut was talking about.

Then I started over on everything I've tried so far, thusly (after removing the USB hub):

Tried running JACK with "-Xalsarawmidi" again (sans a2jmidid), and weirdly, instead of previous symptoms (which were basically no comms with the control surface at all, and every time I tried to edit the entry under Control/OSC/web, the dialog was blank with only options to select mode and MIDI I/O), now I get the new symptoms that presented in a2jmidid - rare/intermittent input from buttons and jumpy fader movements from the control surface to REAPER). The interface issues seemed to clear up after removing the hub....?

Failing the retry of -Xalsarawmidi, I then tried a2jmidid without the USB hub, and encountered the same symptoms as above and prior.

Now it's late and I'm drunk. I'll probably think of more troubleshooting ideas tomorrow. The USB hub just seemed like a likely suspect, and I think I've proven that not only is it not the culprit, but have presented even more evidence that the issue is related to this build of REAPER and control surface handling. Of the 2 ALSA midi to JACK options I've been able to try, everything is fine until I try to set a device up as a control surface.

---

Quote:
I think I've come across a couple of bugs.

Sometimes after rendering the screen stays dark after closing the render dialog.

If jack is not started sometimes you get the windows saying that it's a demo, and the no devices found, but the main reaper window never appears. It is running in the background though.
I've had similar...Not sure how to reproduce the Demo/License screen but it stopped happening after I imported my license key.

If the main window is going black, try tapping F11, then again a second later (it toggles full screen though I've had troubles if I leave REAPER in fullscreen, then quit...when I restart the window won't show...Unfortunately, I can't remember how I fixed it). Still probably a bug but seems there's ways around the couple of GUI/graphics glitches I've come across.

Last edited by experimentfailed; 06-19-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 AM   #597
Jack Winter

I'd say one thing to check for sure are midi cables, not using a HUB, different midi ports and possibly to make sure that it's alone on the midi port. It's very well possible that the problem is something else, but they are normal culprits for midi problems.

I still think it would be worthwhile to change the priority of the interrupt handling the usb hub. How to do this is quite difficult to explain, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Would you consider coming to irc:freenode.org #reaper-linux for some online help? Otherwise investigate using rtirq or udev-rtirq.

That said I'm not sure that anyone has used control surfaces with reaper on linux yet. I know that some people have asked for help on irc, but don't know it ended and if they got it working. I also know that a bug or two have been fixed in reaper regarding this, maybe there are more...
Old 06-21-2018, 07:27 AM   #598
experimentfailed

No MIDI cables or physical midi ports are in play. Just using direct USB from the control surface to the computer (took the hub out as well, if I didn't mention).

I'm certainly willing to try just about anything, at this point, so I'll poke my head in on IRC asap to see about interrupt priority and/or any other suggestions people there may have. Probably this weekend.

The main reason I'm pretty sure this is a bug in REAPER, and not related to hardware or system/kernel configuration, is because everything works swimmingly when I directly enable the device under MIDI Devices instead of going through the Control/OSC/web configuration. The UI for that is a bit buggy on top of the extreme data loss.

I'd be happy to use the control surface as a normal MIDI controller, if there was some way to set up the fader banks, but I'm just not sure if that can be done without some kind of extension that is outside of my ability to write at the moment.

Anyway, hope to chat on IRC soon. Thanks for all the help so far!

Cheers

Last edited by experimentfailed; 06-22-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:53 AM   #599
lilith93

I just downloaded the latest native REAPER 5.92 and I've some issues (which also are present in previous versions) I'm not sure if these can be considered to be bugs

1. When using the zynaddsubfx plugin (zynfusion with new GUI) I'm not able to use the keyboard to save presets, even when "send all keyboard input to plug-in" is enabled.
The same happens with Redux, i.e. not able to edit the phrase editor.

https://i.imgur.com/a5qisKd.png
https://i.imgur.com/ub7h69q.png

2. When switching to the mixer view in full screen mode (i.e. undocked) and opening e.g. the JS spectrum analyzer plugin, the plugin window doesn't stay ON TOP of the mixer window, but always goes behind as soon I click something in the mixer. Is this only an issue with the linux version? I have Debian 9 with XFCE .
This (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=190005) did not help. Plugins loaded in Carla stay open, while e.g. the Cockos Spectrum analyzer does not.

3. Likely this is normal, but in order to open the menus at the top you always have to click with the mouse, i.e. the scroll bar does not open automatically when the mouse arrow moves over it.

Last edited by lilith93; 06-21-2018 at 04:51 PM.
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #600
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith93 View Post
I just downloaded the latest native REAPER 5.92 and I've some issues (which also are present in previous versions) I'm not sure if these can be considered to be bugs

1. When using the zynaddsubfx plugin (zynfusion with new GUI) I'm not able to use the keyboard to save presets, even when "send all keyboard input to plug-in" is enabled.
The same happens with Redux, i.e. not able to edit the phrase editor.

https://i.imgur.com/a5qisKd.png
https://i.imgur.com/ub7h69q.png

2. When switching to the mixer view in full screen mode and opening e.g. a spectrum analyzer plugin, the plugin window doesn't stay open. Is this only an issue with the linux version?
This (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=190005) did not help. Plugins loaded in Carla stay open, while e.g. the Cockos Spectrum analyzer does not.

3. Likely this is normal, but in order to open the menus at the top you always have to click with the mouse, i.e. the scroll bar does not open automatically when the mouse arrow moves over it.
For #3, yes this is so. It might be improved if someone want to put a lot of time into hacking on Swell, but for the moment it's deemed good enough