Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 10-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
shollystuff
Human being with feelings

Default Toggle Button Assignments Performing Both Actions

I'm trying to set up my new Novation Launchkey controller to use with Reaper 5. But when I assign any TOGGLE action to a button on my keyboard, it performs BOTH actions when I press that button. I can successfully assign a single action (Like PLAY) to a transport button, but if I assign the PLAY/PAUSE action to a button... when I press that button, it starts to PLAY, then it PAUSES. Also, if I assign a NEXT TRACK option to a button, it jumps down 2 tracks instead of one. Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks
shollystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:33 AM   #2
solger
Human being with feelings

Welcome to the Reaper Forums!

In case you haven't already found them, make sure to check out the User Guide (https://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php) and the Videos section (https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php) in general.

Quote:
but if I assign the PLAY/PAUSE action to a button... when I press that button, it starts to PLAY, then it PAUSES. Also, if I assign a NEXT TRACK option to a button, it jumps down 2 tracks instead of one.
So does it only execute 'play' when you keep the button pressed?
In this case have a look at the Launchkey manual if there's any info about how to check/change which MIDI parameters (MIDI CC, Note, etc.) and Behavior ('Momentary', 'Toggle', etc.) is currently assigned to this button.

Last edited by solger; 10-30-2017 at 02:40 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote