Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-10-2016, 04:39 AM   #1
Michiel Papenhove
Human being with feelings

Default Switching toolbars seems to be broken

I have this selection of buttons in my main toolbar which make it easy to switch to stuff like a coloring, freezing or envelope-editing mode. The main toolbar gets replaced with another custom toolbar which is exactly what I wanted. Until a couple of Reaper releases ago...

Now, the "switch toolbar" buttons (or actions in general) don't seem to work anymore. The only way I can reach my custom toolbar is by right-clicking the main one and go for "switch toolbar". This does work, but is obviously way less nice then having an actual interface button for it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or do I perhaps have to start looking at my custom theme?
Michiel Papenhove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:47 AM   #2
EvilDragon

Try removing the current toolbar switching actions/buttons from your toolbars and re-adding them, see if it helps?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
Michiel Papenhove

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Try removing the current toolbar switching actions/buttons from your toolbars and re-adding them, see if it helps?
Tried that, no success. The weirdest thing is that sometimes, completely out of the blue, the buttons just start working again. The other funny thing I noticed is that I cannot click the custom button repeatedly in a fast manner as I can with other buttons, it just won't respond. Must be some weird extension or JS plugin I'm running overriding stuff.... But which one...
Michiel Papenhove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #4
LeSedna

Hi,

I came here just for posting that I am experiencing the exact same thing.

It was working fine, I wanted to re-edit a toolbar or two since I haven't in a while, and now it won't work anymore.

If I right click on a toolbar and choose "switch > toolbar X" it works. But if I run the equivalent action from the action menu or from an item in a toolbar, it won't.

I am using the exact same setup as OP, a couple toolbar which I normally navigate into through these actions and right now it is broken. I have removed and put the actions again, it doesn't work because the actions themselves don't work. None of the actions labelled "switch to toolbar" work.

I am running the latest version as of today, and the latest SWS as well.

EDIT ; just wanted to add that I am not running anything custom of any depth, my theme is the normal one with a darker grid, I don't run any specific script, I just run stock, SWS, and some added customized actions within the frame of reaper itself.

Last edited by LeSedna; 12-11-2016 at 09:35 PM.
LeSedna is offline   Reply With Quote