Old 12-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
AdamL
Human being with feelings

Default Problems Editing Vocals

Hey Guys. I tried to search for anything similar and didn't find anything. I'm kind of in a rush for a deadline here.

I'm having issues with editing vocals. Weird blips, like a split second of random vocal playing, at the beginning of edits. I have no idea why. Doesn't always happen in the same place, but it's where there are edits. Also, sometimes pieces of audio will drop at the beginning of an edit. For example, I'll split in front of a word starting with a T, and then the T-sound will be dropped, even though I can see it graphically and the fade isn't even on it... Really strange!

Also, I can't seem to make any kind of mid-word edit. Sometimes the singer will just need a part of the phrase adjusted, and normally I would split the audio and join it back together at the zero crossings, but I can't seem to do this without a loud pop. With or without utilizing fades.

I'm in OSX.

Any ideas? Panicking here!

Thanks!
AdamL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
11am

Default splitting items at cursor

I have encountered a similar problem in Reaper 64, running win 7 pro 64. I have been using reaper 32 bit since version 2.0 and have never had such a problem. When editing a wave, split items after exploding view, split at cursor, as usual, and it shifts my split over an inch from the cursor, over and over? what is going on?
11am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
AdamL

Yeah, I'm on Reaper 64, but I can't go down to 32. They want it all done in 64 bit environment, 96k. I'm on OSX though.

Reaper sounds great otherwise. But I really need to figure out why this is happening ASAP so I don't lose my gig here. Help!
Old 12-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
AdamL

Also, I'm sure this is listed somewhere, but can anyone tell me off hand how to drag audio vertically without it sliding all over? I am used to Pro Tools editing, which was excellent, but I don't have HD at this studio.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
Also, I'm sure this is listed somewhere, but can anyone tell me off hand how to drag audio vertically without it sliding all over?
Try enabling snap.

A snappy answer. Sorry if I snapped.

If it's skipping all over the screen, you could put it down to REAPER's kinda clunky interface, and/or the mouse you're using. I'm strictly PC, though, so YMMV.

I don't know what to suggest for the woes outlined in your first post. It might help us to find the problem if you post the project, even if it's without the actual audio files.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
Also, I'm sure this is listed somewhere, but can anyone tell me off hand how to drag audio vertically without it sliding all over? I am used to Pro Tools editing, which was excellent, but I don't have HD at this studio.
Using 8 on your NumPad will move a track up while using 2 on your NumPad will move it down.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #7
AdamL

Thanks for the 8/2 tip, that helps!

Still trying to figure out why the glitches in the edits...so strange....
Old 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #8
JHughes
Banned

No answer for the glitches sorry.

For the other, you can click the lock in your toolbar, and check "Items (prevent left/right movement)" as well.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote