Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
somogyi23
Human being with feelings

Default Music from Hungary :)

Hello!
I have released my new album with 12 brand new songs on it. Altough the language is strange for you, please give a chance to it

https://soundcloud.com/somogyi23/set...sztina-szint-n

If you like it, you can download it: http://somogyi23.uw.hu/FinalMP3.zip

Genres: pop, pop-rock, funky, alternative, r'n'b, easy-listening, musical and so other...

(And the whole album made and mixed with Reaper)

Last edited by somogyi23; 02-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.
somogyi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
smueske

Hi, I listened to the first cut off the album. Nice spread and mix of sounds, nice song. The singer, even if I didn't understand her, has a nice voice. IMO, though, it's a little overproduced. I could hardly hear the drums over the mix, which sounded a little squishy as though it was compressed and limited too much. It might just be a matter of taste, though. Everything was balanced well in the spectrum. At any rate, wanted to drop a line to let you know that I listened.
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
somogyi23

Hello!
Thanks for the comment. I know what you talk about. When I did the mixing, I felt that there is too much instrument, and my mixing abilities were not enough. I will try to achieve better results for my next projects. It is very hard to me to achieve good volume and good quality simultaneously.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
CrankyChris

I think you did a fine job considering your experience. It just takes practice.

On your next effort, think about getting more "oomph" in your vocals. I found myself wanting more low end/more guts in the lead vocal. Your voice is very pretty - and you have the high end taken care of (I can hear that), but I think some more emotion could be conveyed. Think about this while tracking vocals - and when mixing, maybe don't cut out so much low end or low mids.

Congratulations! Nice work.
CrankyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
somogyi23

Thanks for the comment. I hope that next time I can use a better microphone and preamp, which will help to me to get better vocal sound.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
somogyi23

The tracks are also available on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBu0pnO10Sc
Old 03-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
doxent

Sounds cool with great potential but lacks crisp at first glance and there is too much instrumental sound that overwhelms the mix, maybe too much compression and too brickwalled waveform. Vocal is nice but sounds a little withdrawn away. 3rd track is lovely, 4th awesome musically. I would mix them a bit differently though, less db for instruments, less compression no brickwalling. Some vocal parts need denoising too.
doxent is offline   Reply With Quote