Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #1
themixtape
Human being with feelings

Default There's got to be a way to turn a Momentary/Gate CC message into a Trigger one.

I'm so frustrated with midi controllers that only do "Momentary" or "Toggle". I know it's common, but with NI's controllers, you can do "Gate" (Momentary), "Toggle", AND "Trigger" and "Increment."

Is there any way to set a Momentary message into a Trigger one, by setting the Off Value and On Values to a certain number?

Specifically, can Reaper's Relative 1, 2 or 3 modes let this Momentary message became a Trigger one?

I cannot figure out how, if so.

Any help is GREATLY, GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
... can Reaper ...
Technically, this is the task of an advanced plugin to be installed in "preferences" -> "Control/OSC/Web", rather then of the main Reaper installation. Here, Reaper comes with a bunch of those, but there also are 3rd party plugins that might provide this functionality.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-11-2019 at 03:03 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Technically, this is the task of an advanced plugin to be installed in "preferences" -> "Control/OSC/Web", rather then of the main Reaper installation. Here, Reaper comes with a bunch of those, but there also are 3rd party plugins that might provide this functionality.

-Michael
Thanks! Where can I find the plugin?

I use that section to have MCU enabled on MIDI devices. Don't know how else it's used.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #4
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Thanks! Where can I find the plugin?
There is no "The" plugin.

Such plugins define the possibilities of workflows using a (or multiple) control surface devices.

IMHO the most promising of such plugins (not officially released yet, but there seem to be number of happy users) is "CSI" (that is why I did not check out others). See the approproate thread in this subforum.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:21 AM   #5
LugNut

Hi,
Or you can buy midi translator pro. Does just about any conversion one can think of. Turned a hui into a full MCU. With bidirectional control. Even used it to convert midi messages to mouse moves.
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:21 PM   #6
themixtape

I've used Bome's which is cool but I'd rather have everything inside Reaper... it just makes life SO much easier. But, I'll look into it, for sure.