Old 10-13-2019, 01:27 AM   #1
Strange Ways
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago-ish, IL USA
Posts: 59
Default MIDI editing problems

I have some MIDI items that I created in previous versions of REAPER (namely version 5.70 and previous). When I open these items in more current versions of REAPER, some of the MIDI mouse actions don't work correctly. For example, simple things such as double-click note to delete, or left-click/drag to move note don't work. However, if I create a new MIDI item, I don't have these problems. I can still do some things such as add notes and adjust velocity.

It's not the end of the world, just a bit frustrating. Even when I reset actions to default (though I've made no modifiers), I still have the same results. I'm still able to correctly edit these in 5.70 and previous, just having issues in more recent and current versions.

Any insight would help, thanks.
Strange Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 25,419
Default

Hi there, I don't use much MIDI so I have no idea but I'm answering to get this bumped back to the top. Everyone else... anyone who can lend the OP a hint or suggestion?
__________________
Clever is not the same as good, clever is from the head, good is from the heart. -Benmont Tench
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
Strange Ways
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago-ish, IL USA
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Hi there, I don't use much MIDI so I have no idea but I'm answering to get this bumped back to the top. Everyone else... anyone who can lend the OP a hint or suggestion?
Thanks for the bump...I'm stuck using version 5.70 right now to alleviate the problem, but I want to to jump right into the new 6.0!
Strange Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
Joe90
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 550
Default

No idea why it would be happening. If I were you I'd be trying things like glueing the midi item to essentially create a new one. Or exporting the midi part and reimporting the midi file or the entire track into a fresh project. Or checking the midi editing preferences and setting the midi editor to 'one per project', or just generally experimenting with these settings.

May not fix anything, but it could at least shed some light on what's causing the issue.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #5
Strange Ways
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago-ish, IL USA
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
No idea why it would be happening. If I were you I'd be trying things like glueing the midi item to essentially create a new one. Or exporting the midi part and reimporting the midi file or the entire track into a fresh project. Or checking the midi editing preferences and setting the midi editor to 'one per project', or just generally experimenting with these settings.

May not fix anything, but it could at least shed some light on what's causing the issue.
Thanks, I will definitely try all those suggestions.
Strange Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.