Old 10-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings

Default ALAIB

I think I have posted this before but I had huge computer problems and lost the previous mixes so I brought it back. I think I am finished with this one unless somebody hears something that needs fixing.

The reverb on the intro snare is purposely put there to try to create a "boom" effect because I thought that by itself it sounded blah. I also brought the reverb up at the end to give the drums a little splashy effect.

Appreciate all comments one way or the other!

EDIT: Apologies but I had to pull the song. Something was pointed out to me that got by me. I'll repost when I have an update, hopefully very soon!

Last edited by Jeffsounds; 10-17-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Jeffsounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
Glennbo

Sounds good Jeff. I hadn't heard that one before.

One thing you might try to tighten up the snare sound without losing the big reverb on it would be to put a ReaGate after the verb (assuming the verb is on it's own bus), but then side-chain the gate from the snare track so the gate is being triggered by totally dry snare signal, which will allow you to have real precise control with the gate.

Then you can use the gate's hold and release times to make the verb fade quicker, while still having that fat and wet sound.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Sounds good Jeff. I hadn't heard that one before.

One thing you might try to tighten up the snare sound without losing the big reverb on it would be to put a ReaGate after the verb (assuming the verb is on it's own bus), but then side-chain the gate from the snare track so the gate is being triggered by totally dry snare signal, which will allow you to have real precise control with the gate.

Then you can use the gate's hold and release times to make the verb fade quicker, while still having that fat and wet sound.
Good idea! I will have to consider that at a later date, though because we found something that isn't quite right so I'm pulling the song for now. I thought it was finished but then something was pointed out to me. Thanks for the comments and suggestions! I'll be back with an update asap.