Old 08-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #121
mpl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaltio View Post
By the way would it be possible to also apply the same offset for tempo and time signature information? With this combination you would have the perfect way to combine multiple songs in REAPER!
Added for 1.25.
I separated offset option to the end of strategy structure, so you can use single offset for tempo envelope, items positions and regions/markers.

Also GUI/font scaling was added, so it should looks better on higher resolution.

Last edited by mpl; 08-05-2021 at 12:17 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #122
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post

Also GUI/font scaling was added, so it should looks better on higher resolution.
Great stuff thank you!
Old 09-05-2021, 11:18 PM   #123
paaltio

Thank you for the updates, awesome work!

One thing, it seems like the track state chunk is still being modified for item data even when the option is not selected. (v1.25, Various_functions v2.55) The MIDI items in the destination are being overwritten with the source.

Seems to reproduceable simply as:

- create an empty session and a track
- add a MIDI item with a couple notes
- save as file A
- save also as file B
- adjust notes a little in B
- import from A with all the options deselected
- notes in B now equal those in A

Last edited by paaltio; 09-05-2021 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo
paaltio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 04:03 AM   #124
mpl

Quote:
Thank you for the updates, awesome work!

One thing, it seems like the track state chunk is still being modified for item data even when the option is not selected. (v1.25, Various_functions v2.55) The MIDI items in the destination are being overwritten with the source.

Seems to reproduceable simply as:

- create an empty session and a track
- add a MIDI item with a couple notes
- save as file A
- save also as file B
- adjust notes a little in B
- import from A with all the options deselected
- notes in B now equal those in A
I would guess you MIDI item is pooled, so when you import midi item with same pool source GUID it appending to any items in project based on that source? There could be an option to modify item GUID when importing, but could ruin source project structure (midi items lost their source).
Old 09-08-2021, 11:30 AM   #125
paaltio

Quote:
I would guess you MIDI item is pooled, so when you import midi item with same pool source GUID it appending to any items in project based on that source? There could be an option to modify item GUID when importing, but could ruin source project structure (midi items lost their source).
Ah right, the GUID would be the same since I tested with "save as" and had already created the MIDI item! When I create a new one this doesn't happen. I see why that gets a bit complicated.

Is it possible to just leave the item data completely unchanged when "Tracks Items RAW Data" is not selected? The GUID issue would be a little less problematic if you can at least completely ignore the item data when necessary.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:03 PM   #126
mpl

Quote:
Ah right, the GUID would be the same since I tested with "save as" and had already created the MIDI item! When I create a new one this doesn't happen. I see why that gets a bit complicated.

Is it possible to just leave the item data completely unchanged when "Tracks Items RAW Data" is not selected? The GUID issue would be a little less problematic if you can at least completely ignore the item data when necessary.
Item GUIDs stay always untouched.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #127
paaltio

Quote:
Item GUIDs stay always untouched.
What I mean is that if the source session has an item with the same GUID as the destination, the destination item gets overwritten, even when "Track Items RAW Data" is not selected.

Is this expected behavior, shouldn't it only happen when that option is selected? Or am I misunderstanding what that option does?
Old 09-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #128
mpl

Quote:
What I mean is that if the source session has an item with the same GUID as the destination, the destination item gets overwritten, even when "Track Items RAW Data" is not selected.

Is this expected behavior, shouldn't it only happen when that option is selected? Or am I misunderstanding what that option does?
I can only imagine it is corner case of 2 items with same GUID. It other situation it is near impossible to make this real. When REAPER call any API related to item, it internally calls by GUID, there is no way to let REAPER know it is 2 different items (they can be exactly the same including same time position). So even if your items placed at different places, REAPER set bunch of parameters for only one of them (remove other as invalid or just merge data somehow?).

"Track Items RAW Data" is actually "import items" toggle, meaning additionally "no options available, import only item chunk from RPP without any modifications". Although "Track Items RAW Data" can be unchecked, ImportSessionData, when doing track chunk import, STILL import items and THEN remove them temporary from source track. So the items are always temporary imported to temporary source track, probably thats why something happens before they get removed from temporary source track.

I`ll add an option to generate new GUIDs for items on import (I mean, modify it inside track chunk before chunk imported to temporary new track). That should solve issues like that (pooled items has other GUID-link, but I`m not sure how this can affect on regular GUIDs).

Last edited by mpl; 09-09-2021 at 01:39 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote