Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 09-26-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
Paul Eye
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer readout values cut off (default 6.0 and my personal mod)

This has been bugging me for some time now, but the mixer top readout values are cut off when the value has enough digits.

Zoomed 2x for the sake of illustration:

This happens with the default 6.0 theme, and by extension also my "personal" mod of it, which actually is just some images replaced with those from this thread by White Tie: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=230623

I tried looking around the theming docs (yes, I've read the relevant threads), and the .reapertheme and rtconfig.txt files (in the .reaperthemezip) but basically just gave up since I couldn't find a way to widen the readout area (or if there's another way of achieving what I'm after).

So, any clues how this could be fixed? Preferably of course the default 6.0 theme should also be updated
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:58 AM   #2
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Eye View Post
This has been bugging me for some time now, but the mixer top readout values are cut off when the value has enough digits.

Zoomed 2x for the sake of illustration:

This happens with the default 6.0 theme, and by extension also my "personal" mod of it, which actually is just some images replaced with those from this thread by White Tie: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=230623

I tried looking around the theming docs (yes, I've read the relevant threads), and the .reapertheme and rtconfig.txt files (in the .reaperthemezip) but basically just gave up since I couldn't find a way to widen the readout area (or if there's another way of achieving what I'm after).

So, any clues how this could be fixed? Preferably of course the default 6.0 theme should also be updated
Hi,
In rtconfig you can expand the meter width a few pixels, just be aware that elements on the right side are pushed accordingly, so you might want to move them back a little if not too much hassle

Another way to fix this can be done by adapting the font, however it isn't an element we can set.

rtconfig > mcp:

– Btw. the very small font on the volume label is how the default 6 theme looks by default here on Retina display (even with Calibri font installed), perhaps that should be fixed as well, e.g:
Code:
set mcp.volume.label.font	scale==1 [1] scale==1.5 [6] [14]

Last edited by PhelixK; 09-27-2021 at 07:35 AM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:12 AM   #3
Paul Eye

Okay so THAT'S the mcp.* value I was looking for
Thanks, I'll try it out.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:31 AM   #4
Paul Eye

It worked. I did have to tweak the values a bit to make it look right.
Thanks
Old 09-28-2021, 10:19 PM   #5
PhelixK

good, you’re welcome!