Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 11-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
msiren
Human being with feelings

Default Need help from C++ developers to "proof" read my wiki on plug in framework

Hello! I am developing a OOP based CSurf plug in "framework" to help develop new plug in for different control surfaces. The idea of this project is to provide as much as possible ready made functionalities and initialization code to reduce boiler plate code and the burden from the developer.

I have written wiki page(s) which explains the architectural overview of the project and tries to explain the classes involved and their responsibilities. I started programming as a hobby about 23 years ago and I have been doing this professionally for more than ten years, mainly Java development. I could probably consider myself as technical lead. I am not telling you this just to brag, I am telling you this because these years have blinded me. I am blinded by the variety of skills out there and I probably make a lot of assumptions that people know this stuff. But this is not the case and I would like to aim my wiki (and later on the code) for people with variety of programming skills.

This is why I am asking from people with different skills, from very beginners to senior developers, to "proof" ready the wiki pages keeping in mind what I have previously said. It would be nice to receive feedback about what is wrong and what is it that you don't understand or don't get in the wiki. What is difficult to understand and possibly what makes it difficult.

The point for asking help is that I could possibly improve the wiki pages so that more people would get the idea out of it. The code at this point is something that you should NOT look at. It is actually code that is taken from older project containing plug in for Tascam FW-1082 and turned into static library or at least trying to do that.

The project is a private repository at BitBucket and I intent to keep it that way for now. This is why it would need for you to have BitBucket account so I could give read access to it.

If you are interested in helping out then PM me or reply to this message. Give me your BitBucket account and I will give you read access. Please do not think your skills isn't enough for this because they are no matter what your skills are. If you have just made your first cpp animal and you are about to extend Cow from it then I consider you more that qualified to read the wiki page!
msiren is offline   Reply With Quote