Old 11-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
Hardmuncle
Human being with feelings

Default Resampling from 48khz when Rendering

A while ago i changed my recording from 48khz to 44khz. I've been recording in this for a while now, i changed all the settings from 48kkhz across programs and in the PC, and all my renders etc say 44khz.

The last few days when i've been rendering all my media items come up with a blue "i" icon and when i hover it tells me "Resampled from 48khz.

Now i have looked and my focusrite mixer says its running in 44khz and i've checked all the other programs i can think of too, even i've looked at some recordings that are already 44khz and it still comes up with this when i render.

Whats happening here, i don't really want my files resampled over and over that can't be good at all can it. Does anyone know how i can rectyify this and/or whats going on?

Thanks!
Hardmuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Now i have looked and my focusrite mixer says its running in 44khz and i've checked all the other programs i can think of too, even i've looked at some recordings that are already 44khz and it still comes up with this when i render.
Helloez-reacheck audio render and default project audio render setting?
With reaper there is also the ability to batch convert-- so find all your files--do a convertion (maybe include an fx) and all should be well__er. > delete the old-go with the new eh!? =)
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
Jimmy James

when you do your final mix, will Dither not fix any problems?
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #4
serr

Check your render settings again.

All I can say is I've never had Reaper render something that doesn't follow the render settings exactly. (That would be a rather large bug.)

And of course if you were to render a mix and have conversions going on during that, the resulting render would then have the small amount of added noise and distortion from the sample rate conversion (however small). If you then applied dither noise to that result (dither is a noise signal meant for a very specific positive use - otherwise it's just added noise), you would be that much further away from what the clean 1:1 render would be.

PS. As mentioned, Reaper can run a project at a different sample rate than connected hardware interfaces and convert on the fly. So your interface settings may have zero to do with your project settings depending on your configuration settings.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote