Old 06-04-2020, 12:26 PM   #1
IanL
Human being with feelings

Default VST plugin's settings incorrectly reinstated

Reaper 608 64-bit
Win10 fully updated
Intel NUC 10th gen i7
RME UC

I'm using a VST plugin instrument called Organteq (https://www.modartt.com/organteq). It comes with factory presets but I'm using a preset of my own, built from and saved within its own GUI.

In a new Reaper session I've inserted a track with Organteq in it, opened the Organteq GUI and changed the preset from the factory default to my own. I've then saved the Reaper project as a template and closed Reaper.

Now, when I re-start Reaper, use this template to create a new project, and then open the Organteq GUI, I find one of two things:

1) my preset is shown as loaded and all of the individual settings for it are shown (and play) correctly, or

2) my preset is shown as loaded but the individual settings for it are those of the factory default preset (and the plugin plays as if that preset is loaded)

The strange thing is that I can't predict which of (1) or (2) will happen. It's as if it's random. Organteq is available in both VST2 and VST3 formats but the same thing seems to happen whichever version I use.

This problem seems to be specific to Reaper. It does not occur when opening Organteq as a standalone application. In that case the last used preset is always loaded and the settings are always correctly reinstated. It also does not occur when using Organteq as a VST plugin in Cantabile (https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/). I've also checked the Organteq forum for any mention of this problem but found none.

So it seems on the face of it to be something to do with Reaper or with the way Reaper and Organteq talk to one another. I've looked in the Reaper documentation for a possible solution but found none.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ian.
IanL is offline   Reply With Quote