Old 10-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
beowulf
Human being with feelings

Default Windows 8 compatibility?

Hi all,

Did a search and can't seem to find anything specific to Windows 8. Since it's released today, I have one system I wanted to try the upgrade route on.. given they are offering the download upgrade to Pro for only $40, I figure why not. When I started it.. it did a compatibility sweep and the only program that says incompatible is Reaper. I have the latest version, and they provide a link for an update..but the update link takes me to reapers site, which as I said I have the latest.

Anyone already upgraded..or tried Reaper with the preview version of Windows 8 and have any issues with it? I can't imagine why Reaper 64-bit wouldn't work?

As a side.. any plugins or hardware not work with Reaper on Windows 8?

Thanks.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
beowulf

For that matter.. any of you out there that are planning on upgrading or already have.. given that my use of Windows is primarily for music apps, video editing (adobe suite) and games.. will it be worth upgrading. I am inclined to just stick to Windows 7 for a while..but if Windows 8 brings a few more goodies to the table, makes things faster/smoother/more stable, then it may be worth the $40 upgrade price. I however would like to get the full ISO version to do a clean install as opposed to upgrading.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Chris Martins

as usual with any software... I'd wait a while... 8 seems to have its own issues and not bring much for musicians if anything at all. W7 is fine, stable, powerful and fast enough on modern machines.
Chris Martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Martins View Post
as usual with any software... I'd wait a while...
I'll tell you in a few hours as I'm getting ready on install it on my main DAW/System. AFAIK it should be no problem unless you have outdated hardware/drivers/performance which has always been the biggest caveat to any OS upgrade.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
bluzkat

There are a few users that have been using Windows 8 for awhile now (beta testers).

Hang tight, someone should chime in.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
karbomusic

So far so good running a project or two in both x86 and x64. I've been running Win8 on other devices since January but just now put the RTM version on my main DAW machine.

karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote