Old 07-17-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
JeffreyET
Human being with feelings

Default zero big clock or grid

I've come to a point where I need to do a bit of editing to 30 second clips, and I put this in Newbieland because it seems so elementary and yet I can't find how to do it: I want to set the Big Clock to zero at the cursor, stopwatch style. And/or set the grid to zero.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
JeffreyET

C'mon, is this really not within REAPER's nearly infinite range of capabilities? No way to use the Big Clock like a stopwatch - maybe the most basic of all media post production tools?
Old 07-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
karbomusic

You can do it in project settings but is more designed for one-time setting. I have an script that does it for both clock and grid (which I made into buttons) but not at home where I can get to easily - and the latest versions (or pres) have items that display their own specific time/rulers.

As far as it automatically happening when you move the cursor, not sure that's available without something custom if at all.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
JeffreyET

Thanks Karbo. I'll explore the project settings & see if I can make up a custom action. If not, well I'll just resort to basic arithmetic.