Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-19-2017, 01:43 AM   #241
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by silar View Post
Geoff,

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated! How do I go about mapping this to use for punch in recording?
Just checked the source code for the stock MCU plugin from Reaper and it does not implement handlers for those MIDI messages.

Can't check Klinkes right now, but I know he based his on the original and unless he added support it's probably not in his either.

I based this one on the original as well, it is VERY different from Klinke's but it has support for punch in: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/11712/WaddMCUC4.zip

90 67 7f -- Switch B on - selected channel record arm enabled
90 67 00 -- Switch B off - selected channel record arm disabled

You could install it just to test if you wished.

If you're willing to wait, this will be fully supported in the new open source Control Surface Integration project, but that's a few months from a beta: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #242
silar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Just checked the source code for the stock MCU plugin from Reaper and it does not implement handlers for those MIDI messages.

Can't check Klinkes right now, but I know he based his on the original and unless he added support it's probably not in his either.

I based this one on the original as well, it is VERY different from Klinke's but it has support for punch in: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/11712/WaddMCUC4.zip

90 67 7f -- Switch B on - selected channel record arm enabled
90 67 00 -- Switch B off - selected channel record arm disabled

You could install it just to test if you wished.

If you're willing to wait, this will be fully supported in the new open source Control Surface Integration project, but that's a few months from a beta: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Thanks! For now, I've went into the keyboard/interface mapping for the actions using the '?' and found Transport:Record, and it picked it up through midi. Not sure if that's what I really want for punch in recording though.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #243
silar

I decided to take some time and play around with the different mappings and settings within the Icon QCon Pro to see if I could figure out which mapping works best with which controller plugin.

Pretty much, with the Icon QCon Pro firmware V1.16, the absolute best setup for Reaper is with the Klinke MCU plugin 0.6.4.1 and the Logic Pro setting within the unit. This goes for both the main unit and the extender that I have. The 'Reaper' setting within the unit is not mapped properly for the 'Automation' section on the main controller, but the 'Logic Pro' is and it works great!

One thing I was trying to do on the controller was to map the F1 button to 'Freeze Stereo', the F2 button to 'Freeze Mono', and the F5 button to 'Unfreeze track'. It just wasn't working at all since the 'F' buttons are setup for markers... Then as I was playing around, I pressed the 'Control' button and noticed that it stayed lit. I went back into the actions menu and tried mapping the freeze actions again, and VOILA! They were able to be mapped exactly as I wanted as midi shortcuts!!! Man.. That just absolutely made my day!

There are a few buttons I am not sure what they are doing, if anything at all. They are the 'Marker', 'Nudge', 'Replace', and 'Solo'. Also, not sure exactly what the 'CMD/ALT', 'Lock', 'Flip', 'Group', or 'Instrument' do. They do not affect the way I use this controller, but if anyone knows what they do, please let me know.

The 'Drop' button cycles through the record mode which I thought was nice.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:00 AM   #244
silar

Apparently they have released both a V1.17 and V1.19 version of the firmware. They have a link for patch notes for 1.19, but it doesn't work so not sure what the changes are right now.

I decided to go ahead and update the firmware to 1.19 and everything seems to be fine using Klinke 0.6.4 with the controllers set to Logic Pro mode.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #245
BaronStinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by silar View Post
Apparently they have released both a V1.17 and V1.19 version of the firmware. They have a link for patch notes for 1.19, but it doesn't work so not sure what the changes are right now.

I decided to go ahead and update the firmware to 1.19 and everything seems to be fine using Klinke 0.6.4 with the controllers set to Logic Pro mode.
Just wondering how you're still getting on. I can't find firmware for the unit later than 1.15. Klinke latest version and Logic Pro mode gets me something, but plugin control still doesn't work, and automation control is wonky. I tried to install the older klinke version, but for some reason Reaper won't recognize it. Only the newer version seems to work.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #246
satchmo

I updated the firmware on my Qcon Pro to version 1.20 and noticed that in Reaper mode the automation buttons were now out of alignment with those in the DAW. If I used the Qcon in Logic mode it was fine. I ended up reverting to firmware 1.15.
satchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:34 AM   #247
satchmo

Can anyone tell me if It's possible to run the Qcon Pro with an Extender in the 64bit version of Reaper?. I picked up a used Pro Ex the other day but there appears to be no extension support in Klinke's 64 bit dll.

Edit: Just found the following thread and it appears to have sorted out some of my main problems:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=197797

Last edited by satchmo; 04-04-2018 at 03:39 AM.
satchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:46 PM   #248
mattymc2

Default Send mode

Hey guys.
So thanks to this forum thread i've been able to setup my Qcon pro x plus 2 extender units and absolutely love it. Working with plugins is just fantastic. Extremely happy.
Just a little confused how i enter the mode to adjust the sends and receives on a track on the control surface. I'm sure its something daft i'm missing.
I'm running all 3 units in MCU Klinke 0.64 with the latest reaper.
Any help would be golden
Cheers
Matt
mattymc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #249
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymc2 View Post
Hey guys.
So thanks to this forum thread i've been able to setup my Qcon pro x plus 2 extender units and absolutely love it. Working with plugins is just fantastic. Extremely happy.
Just a little confused how i enter the mode to adjust the sends and receives on a track on the control surface. I'm sure its something daft i'm missing.
I'm running all 3 units in MCU Klinke 0.64 with the latest reaper.
Any help would be golden
Cheers
Matt
Hi, you can't use Klinke's 0.64 to control sends because there is no corresponding SEND button to activate that function and this version doesn't have those functions as actions that can be assigned to other buttons like 0.8 does (in which 0.8 doesn't allow you to have extenders)

I wrote about it here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=211492
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:40 AM   #250
Gass n Klang

hey guys,
which channels does the MCU protocol transfer from reaper to the remote device: the tracks seen in the arranger view or those seen the mixer view?

I'd think about buying a G2 and like have the reaper mixer mirrored by the Icon. So I'd like to be able to hide channels in the MCP and the Icon but unhide them in the TCP.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:27 AM   #251
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
hey guys,
which channels does the MCU protocol transfer from reaper to the remote device: the tracks seen in the arranger view or those seen the mixer view?

I'd think about buying a G2 and like have the reaper mixer mirrored by the Icon. So I'd like to be able to hide channels in the MCP and the Icon but unhide them in the TCP.
With CSI it's configurable on a per page basis.

Don't know which ones the others follow, pretty sure it's not configurable in the stock one and I know it isn't in WaddMCUC4, don't know about Klinke's.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:11 AM   #252
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
hey guys,

When you use mine extension (https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu/downloads/), you have an option that allow filter the tracks with different criteria, one is that it only shows the channel that are shown in the MCP. But you can also configure a seperate set in an dialog. For details check Table 1 on page 12, and the Track Settings Editor section on page 10 in the manual.

But be aware that the extension exists only for Windows and doesn't support extenders.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:19 AM   #253
Gass n Klang

thanks! looks nice, but I definitly need at least 1 extension. Geoff, does CSI hide folded children tracks (e.g. you got an OH bus with 2 children OH L and OH R that you wanna hide). The hide function using track manager does not work in this context: I'd like to use custom actions to rebuild the "popgroups" features of Midas live consoles (being able to see all drum tracks with just one click and hiding everything else; -> bringing all channels back to the MCP also brings back OH L and OH R)
Old 10-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #254
poetnprophet

only Klinke's has "folder mode" that works really well, where you can collapse all folders and open individual folders through the mixer. But, no extensions supported.

Otherwise you'll have to setup actions and map them to your mixer buttons. I tried to emulate Klinke's folder mode but I was unsuccessful. I do have buttons to collapse all folder tracks, which is nice. And I can toggle specific folders to collapse/uncollapse which is nice, too. But, not as elegant as Klinke's folder mode for sure.

Also, typically the mixer will follow the MCP layout, so whatever you show/hide in MCP will be the state on the mixer surface. I think in some you can specify to follow the TCP or MCP, I forget...but typically you want to follow the MCP.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #255
Gass n Klang

thanks! Yes I wanna follow the MCP. I don't have to collaps and fold folders on the controller directly but it's important to me that folded channels are not shown. Well, I will need to have at least one extension, so I won't be able to go with klinke.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:49 PM   #256
poetnprophet

Yup, that's why I'm using CSI, which so far seems limitless what one can do with a surface....I mean, with ALL the surfaces you have. Using CSI, I have a Qcon and extender, a C4, and Xtouch mini working all together.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #257
peter5992

Couple of pictures of the Icon Qcon Pro in action ... it works just fine for me, out of the box, with no modifications.

peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #258

Default windows or mac?

are the screens from Windows or Mac.. because if it is from Mac, I wonder how you pushed the Reaper mode in to it.
2046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:20 AM   #259
bollevet

I've been scanning the forums for some time now looking for a solution for my problem with the icon qcon + extenders , but can't find anything.

I've recentrly bought an icon qcon pro + 3 extenders. From the forums i've read that Klinke (v0.8) does not support extenders (which is totally true, because using that plugin I was not able to add them), So i found a location of the repository to download an earlier version (0.6.x) which DOES support extenders.

But i using the MAcie Extenders (Klinke) for my extenders, I am not able to see the track names on the displays, I do however see tracknames on the extenders as well when i add them to reaper as Mackie Universal (Klinke).

So no problems there, but I do however find that the units act very buggy, suddenly stop working, mute en solos lighst and buttons stop working, faders not working anymore, when adding a new track between tracks, the units do not update, etc...

When i try the units with Pro Tools, all these problems do not occur. As Reaper is my DAW of choise it would be conventient for me if I could solve the "buggy" feeling issues. So I do not have to change DAW.

If anyone could be of some help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
bollevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:38 AM   #260
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollevet View Post
I've been scanning the forums for some time now looking for a solution for my problem with the icon qcon + extenders , but can't find anything.

I've recentrly bought an icon qcon pro + 3 extenders. From the forums i've read that Klinke (v0.8) does not support extenders (which is totally true, because using that plugin I was not able to add them), So i found a location of the repository to download an earlier version (0.6.x) which DOES support extenders.

But i using the MAcie Extenders (Klinke) for my extenders, I am not able to see the track names on the displays, I do however see tracknames on the extenders as well when i add them to reaper as Mackie Universal (Klinke).

So no problems there, but I do however find that the units act very buggy, suddenly stop working, mute en solos lighst and buttons stop working, faders not working anymore, when adding a new track between tracks, the units do not update, etc...

When i try the units with Pro Tools, all these problems do not occur. As Reaper is my DAW of choise it would be conventient for me if I could solve the "buggy" feeling issues. So I do not have to change DAW.

Thanks
You might want to check out the CSI pre alpha. it's a bit more to setup, but it has more flexibility too.

Check the links below.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #261
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollevet View Post

Thanks
Hey, when you use the Klinke's you don't use the extender versions. You rename the DLL files as ***Klinke 1, ***Klinke 2, etc. so they are all different. These should all be the same (main) klinke DLL, not the one for extenders. Then configure each one accordingly and it should all work together.

FYI, you'll get more functionality out of the CSI Geoff is working on than the Klinke 0.6... if you can figure it out.