Old 12-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
Dzamija
Human being with feelings

Default Apply custom velocity patterns to notes?

I'm sure that there's a script out there somewhere in SWS or whatever that does this but for the life of me, I just can't find it. Let me describe briefly what I'm looking for:

I have a custom velocity pattern, such as: first note has 110 velocity, the second, third and fourth notes have like 80 - and then I'd like to apply this velocity pattern to already existing notes that have a different velocity value.

When I think about it, a more precise term might be applying a velocity rule: I want a rule that I can apply to certain notes, so I don't have to edit the velocities note by note.

Is there a script out there somewhere that does this specifically? Cmon Reaper community, you've never failed me before when it comes to my insane requests lol. Thanks in advance!
Dzamija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
Tod

Have you got ReaPack installed? There is a script for copying note velocities, but I've never used it so I'm not sure how it works.

If you've got ReaPack installed, you can search for many different scripts.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
Dzamija

Just found out that groove tool can do this pretty much seamlessly - all you have to do is create a note pattern, use it as the input groove, and it will copy velocity data (as well as timing data) over to a separate set of notes perfectly.

As I thought, Reaper already had the solution, I just had to find it - and I did so the moment I posted this, of course. Consider it solved.
Dzamija is offline   Reply With Quote