Old 11-04-2017, 01:45 AM   #1
strachupl
Human being with feelings

Default Ableton 10

New features in this video. I watched it bored, Reaper have those things already for a long time... except that area selection.
Only big thing is a new, cool wavetable synth.

What do you think?
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:07 AM   #2
lolilol1975

Nice. I've never been a big fan of the vectorized look of Ableton but I can see what its users like.
A number of these new features already exist in Reaper, but I must say the echo plugin is nice and the wavetable synth alone looks and sounds pretty darn cool.
lolilol1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:56 AM   #3
deeb

the synth looks really cool! seems a mix of operator and serum! area selection is still the little stone on the shoe. I've noticed lack of area / range selection is being quite debated, so i have a little hope that will change.

Reaper is a fantastic daw

Last edited by deeb; 11-04-2017 at 06:03 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
nightscope

For me Live is all about Push[2]. Best thing since sliced bread.

Wot's new in Live 10 for Push.

Push

• Control Surfaces are now available when Live runs as a ReWire slave. This applies to both Push 1 and 2 as well.
• It is now possible to convert audio to MIDI from Push, using the Convert button.
• Added Split Stereo Pan Mode to Push 1 and 2. When Split Stereo Pan Mode is active while in Global Mix Mode, the current pan value is displayed but the pan dial is inactive. In Track Mix Mode, either the pan dial or stereo pan sliders are shown, depending on the active pan mode.
• The Repeat button's state and setting is now remembered for each track.
• It is now possible to arm a track with one hand via Push 2 by holding the respective track's selection button.
• Nested chains can now be displayed, folded and unfolded on Push 2.
• Introduced a root level 'Collections' folder for color labels/collections in the Push 2 browser in Live 10. This prevents other important root level items like 'User Files' from being pushed off the screen by many Collection Labels.

Push Device Visualization

• Visualization of filter bands was added to EQ Eight on Push 2.
• Added a new parameter layout and a graphical representation of the Activity View to Compressor on Push 2.
• It is now possible to configure a sidechain routing for Compressor from Push 2.
• Redesigned the Filter Envelope, LFO Envelope, and Pitch Envelope banks for Operator on Push 2, and added a visualization to the Envelopes.
• Added a visualization of Simpler's Envelopes to Push 2.
• Improved waveform drawing performance for Push 2.

Push MIDI Clip Mode

• Notes are now shown in Push 2’s Clip Mode, when a MIDI clip is selected. The velocity of each note is also indicated by the note's opacity.
• Implemented a representation of the sequenceable area for the melodic step sequencer on the Push 2 display. A grid window indicates the sequenceable range on the pads within the selected loop page.
• It is now possible to crop MIDI clips from Push 2.
• When changing the loop position from Clip View, the 32-pad melodic step sequencer now follows the active portion of a clip.

Push Note Layouts

• Introduced a new note layout mode on Push, consisting of a 32-step sequencer on the top half of the pad matrix and 32 notes on the bottom half. Users can press pads in the lower section to select which notes to add via the step sequencer, in the upper section. Users can see, add, and remove pitches from steps by holding the respective pads.
• Added a loop selector to the 32-pad melodic step sequencer layout. Users can access it by holding the Layout button on Push 2 or holding the Note button on Push 1.
• On Push 1 and 2, note layouts are now remembered per track.
• It is now possible to delete the contents of a sequencer page on Push 1 and 2, by holding "Delete" and using the Loop Selector.
• It is now possible to duplicate the content of a sequencer page on Push, by holding "Duplicate" and using the Loop Selector.
• Removed the loop length pads from the Melodic Sequencer on Push 1 and 2, to allow sequencing an extra note on the pads. The loop length pads can still be accessed momentarily, by holding the Note button (Push 1) or Layout button (Push 2).
• Pressing Shift”+“Note” (Push 1) or “Shift”+”Layout” (Push 2) now locks the selected layout’s alternate layout. This removes the need to hold the “Note” or ”Layout” button, freeing up that hand for other tasks. Pressing “Note” (Push 1) or “Layout” (Push 2) again unlocks the alternate layout.
• When using the 16-pad layout in Drum Racks and Simpler’s Slicing Mode, holding the “Note” button (Push 1) or "Layout" button (Push 2) momentarily toggles the 16 Velocities layout.
• It is now possible to access the Loop Selector while in 64-pad mode by holding the “Note” button (Push 1) or "Layout" button (Push 2).
• When using the 16 Velocities layout, holding the "Note" button on Push 1 or “Layout” button on Push 2 now toggles the Loop Selector.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:36 AM   #5
Chrix

How can we easily select partial items in Reaper as shown at 9:52 in the above video. Right now I'm selecting the whole item and than making a time selection, lets say to copy just a short part from an item. Do I have to set up an action for it?
Chrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:59 AM   #6
strachupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrix View Post
How can we easily select partial items in Reaper as shown at 9:52 in the above video. Right now I'm selecting the whole item and than making a time selection, lets say to copy just a short part from an item. Do I have to set up an action for it?

This is how, you can also combine other modifiers like copy instead of move, but right now as far as I know Ableton Live is able to do multiple time selection ( area selection which is already big feature request in Reaper) and Reaper yet can't.

ps. also there are other ways if you want it to be more specific (actions etc.)

Last edited by strachupl; 11-11-2017 at 08:17 AM.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:45 PM   #7
esosotericmetal

Comparing it to Reaper is a bit ridiculous. They are both completely different beasts. I own and use both depending on the type of project, and even both for the same project sometimes.
esosotericmetal is offline   Reply With Quote