Old 11-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
royleith
Human being with feelings

Default Where's Walter?

I'm using V5.961 in Windows 10. I usually use Reaper with Linux Wine and have often tweaked the theme in order to get the dB markings clearer in meters and to make the scroll bars visible in their dark cave.

However, I cannot find scrollbar.png or rtconfig.text. In the early V5 Themes I used to lighten the colours in the image file.

I have scrolled through the theme element finder and can find neither colour nor image that selects the scroll controls or the scroll tracks. I used to change the arrows at the end of the scroll bars, but they are also missing.

When it is system colours at fault, Linux makes it easy to tweak them. All the old Windows tweaks have been removed from Windows 10, presumably because Microsoft knows best.

Does anyone know how these theme elements can be changed in this latest release of Reaper?
royleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
Lokasenna

Did you extract the theme files? (Rename the .ReaperThemeZip to .zip, unzip it, look in the "Default_5.0 unpacked" folder)
Old 11-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
royleith

Default There's Walter

Hi Lokasenna,

No need to rush home. It looks like Windows 10 messed around with me and only allowed one file - some colour settings - to be extracted. I copied the .zip file to my docs folder and extracted the files from the zip, there.

And, there's Walter! Or, rather, there are all the files and folders. Linux does not mess me about like this. It makes it quite clear when it's not going to do what I ask.

I copied the set back to the Reaper folder and will sort the interface, another day.

Thanks.
royleith is offline   Reply With Quote