Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2024, 04:26 PM   #2081
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Internally, CSI uses normalized values in the range of 0.0 - 1.0.

14 bit fader values are converted to normalized.

Does that help ?

Maybe, depending on whether that information is accessible from within a reascript action? That's the crux of it I think. Everything I've been able to find using get_action_context doesn't seem to give me access to that value.

Edit: More accurately, I do have access to value, but it's always 63. Always.



Cheers
Malcolm

Last edited by MalcolmG; 05-15-2024 at 12:26 AM.
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:51 AM   #2082
the19thbear
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 291
Default

How do I select sends?
I can see send 1 when using the "TrackSend" function.
How do I access Send 2, 3, 4 etc?


Whenever I press "up" or "down", nothing happens (the icon m+ has no up/down, but have modified other keys to be up/down). I would assume I would be able to select send by pressing the up/down button.
This is my "TrackSend" zone:

Zone "TrackSend"
OnZoneActivation SetXTouchDisplayColors Green
OnZoneDeactivation RestoreXTouchDisplayColors
DisplayUpper| FixedTextDisplay "TrkSnd"
DisplayLower| TrackSendNameDisplay
Fader|Touch+DisplayLower| TrackSendVolumeDisplay
Mute| TrackSendMute
Rotary| TrackSendPan
Fader| TrackSendVolume
Up Bank TrackSend -1
Down Bank TrackSend 1

RecordArm| NoAction
Solo| NoAction
Select| NoAction

The most optimal thing for me would be a key combination to get to send 1 on all faders. And another for send2 on all faders etc.

I am using an Icon m+ controller. I have just copied the Behringer x touch zones.

Thanks

Last edited by the19thbear; 05-15-2024 at 03:48 AM.
the19thbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:53 AM   #2083
jakeman19
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the19thbear View Post
How do I select sends?
I can see send 1 when using the "TrackSend" function.
How do I access Send 2, 3, 4 etc?


Whenever I press "up" or "down", nothing happens (the icon m+ has no up/down, but have modified other keys to be up/down). I would assume I would be able to select send by pressing the up/down button.
This is my "TrackSend" zone:

Zone "TrackSend"
OnZoneActivation SetXTouchDisplayColors Green
OnZoneDeactivation RestoreXTouchDisplayColors
DisplayUpper| FixedTextDisplay "TrkSnd"
DisplayLower| TrackSendNameDisplay
Fader|Touch+DisplayLower| TrackSendVolumeDisplay
Mute| TrackSendMute
Rotary| TrackSendPan
Fader| TrackSendVolume
Up Bank TrackSend -1
Down Bank TrackSend 1

RecordArm| NoAction
Solo| NoAction
Select| NoAction

The most optimal thing for me would be a key combination to get to send 1 on all faders. And another for send2 on all faders etc.

I am using an Icon m+ controller. I have just copied the Behringer x touch zones.

Thanks
If you haven't already, you'd need to assign a button to go to "TrackSends.zon", then the up down should work.

Jd
jakeman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:40 PM   #2084
the19thbear
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 291
Default

Not sure how, but got it working now

Now I just want for it to display the track I am sending from (Kick/snare etc) in the lower part. I ahve goen through the whole alphabet and seen what commands are available, but can't see any that would just give me the track name. What is the name of the "show track name" functions?

EDIT:
Apparently it was TrackNameDisplay
Thanks

Last edited by the19thbear; 05-15-2024 at 11:15 PM.
the19thbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 02:01 AM   #2085
airon
Human being with feelings
 
airon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 11,826
Default

Transitioning from v3.10 to v3.2.3 to get those sweet mapping improvements. Having a rought time of it. All kinds of buttons stop working, so CSI is definitely finding something disagreeable.

Can anyone point me to a resource that lists what I need to check and change in my zones ? The changelog in the Wiki is not all that's changed, so if there's a list of rules to follow, I'd appreciate a pointer.

If anyone wants to look at my current zones for the Presonus Faderport 16, here they are:

https://stash.reaper.fm/48594/FP16s1_airon.zip
using the standard Faderport 16 mst file from the CSI installation folder.


I've mapped some buttons (in the buttons zone) to handle the mapping stuff, mainly the buttons "Audio" , "Instrument" (VI button) and "Bus" button.

If anything jumps out, please let me know.

-edit-
Currently comparing the MST of the Faderport 16 to the MCU mst in CSI 3.2.3.

Press 90 2b 7f now adds a the button-up message in the MCU mst. I'll try that now. Editing.
__________________
Using Latch Preview (Video) - Faderport 16 setup for CSI 1.1 , CSI 3.10
Website
"My ego comes pre-shrunk" - Randy Thom

Last edited by airon; 05-17-2024 at 03:33 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 07:20 AM   #2086
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
If anything jumps out, please let me know.

-edit-
Currently comparing the MST of the Faderport 16 to the MCU mst in CSI 3.2.3.

Press 90 2b 7f now adds a the button-up message in the MCU mst. I'll try that now. Editing.
Yup, you're on the right track.

Also, note that there will be a new Exp version shortly that makes the jump to the new production version, there will be some changes, so don't do any customization work right now.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 05:11 AM   #2087
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 4,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
If anything jumps out, please let me know.
You'll need to need to make sure all the Press definitions in the .mst have release messages:

Code:
Widget Track
        Press 90 28 7f 90 28 00
        FB_TwoState 90 28 7f 90 28 00
WidgetEnd
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:20 PM   #2088
Cragster
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Inman, SC USA
Posts: 865
Default

Hi Geoff and everybody

Im trying to make a copy of files with all the changes for this new version coming so im ready to go. I just have a question about the GoZones.zon.

This is basically replacing the AssociatedZones in the old Home.zon correct?
Question is do i just put one of those GoZones.zon in every surface file with every Associated zone even if im not using all of them or do i just list only the associated zones to be used in my work flow ?

Im not sure if it will hurt anything to just put the full boat GoZones.zon in every surface folder.

Hope thats understandable thank you

And also can i make any associated zone i want with any name and list it in that GoZones.zon or is it only stick to whats on the list ?
Thanks again
Cragster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:25 PM   #2089
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hi Geoff and everybody

Im trying to make a copy of files with all the changes for this new version coming so im ready to go. I just have a question about the GoZones.zon.

This is basically replacing the AssociatedZones in the old Home.zon correct?
Question is do i just put one of those GoZones.zon in every surface file with every Associated zone even if im not using all of them or do i just list only the associated zones to be used in my work flow ?

Im not sure if it will hurt anything to just put the full boat GoZones.zon in every surface folder.

Hope thats understandable thank you

And also can i make any associated zone i want with any name and list it in that GoZones.zon or is it only stick to whats on the list ?
Thanks again
Yes, they replace the old Associated Zones, but are much more flexible.

Check this post for an example set for the X-Touch, not finalized, but close.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=25930
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:23 AM   #2090
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Maybe, depending on whether that information is accessible from within a reascript action? That's the crux of it I think. Everything I've been able to find using get_action_context doesn't seem to give me access to that value.



OK, I think I've figured this out. The value is not passed when you are invoking Reaper actions (built in or ReaScript) as they are invoked by sending a message to the Reaper window. The WParam is the command id and the LParam is zero. No value passed in.



See here : https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...r_Reaper.h#L97


I couldn't find any mention anywhere else of passing anything in addition to the commandid (I thought perhaps the LParam could be the value), but this explains why I can't get the value in my ReaScript :-)



Have I understood this correctly, Geoff?


Cheers
Malcolm
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 03:51 AM   #2091
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
OK, I think I've figured this out. The value is not passed when you are invoking Reaper actions (built in or ReaScript) as they are invoked by sending a message to the Reaper window. The WParam is the command id and the LParam is zero. No value passed in.



See here : https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...r_Reaper.h#L97


I couldn't find any mention anywhere else of passing anything in addition to the commandid (I thought perhaps the LParam could be the value), but this explains why I can't get the value in my ReaScript :-)



Have I understood this correctly, Geoff?


Cheers
Malcolm
OK, if you can find out that LParam will do the trick, we can add another Action that takes a param.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 03:52 AM   #2092
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Oversight in the new Zone design, we do indeed still need the | character, so no changes needed to your existing Zones.

The one exception is Home, where the AssociatedZones section must be removed.

Please check the new X-Touch Zones for typos, whilst you peruse them
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 05-20-2024 at 06:39 AM.
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 04:54 PM   #2093
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
OK, if you can find out that LParam will do the trick, we can add another Action that takes a param.

I've just tried it and unfortunately not. You can shove whatever you like into the LParam and it always ignores it. Bummer.


Cheers
Malcolm
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 09:23 PM   #2094
BryanAndrew
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 16
Default widget question

I am wondering if it is possible to map a widget to a track with a specific name. I've searched the forum as well as the wiki and I can't seem to find the way to accomplish what I want. And maybe there's a better way to approach it.

I have an analog console with midi mutes, mapped and working with CSI. Which is awesome!!
the Aux sends have midi controlled mutes as well. I am wondering if it is possible to map them to always control a track in Reaper with a specific name, "Aux5" for example. So that no matter what position the "Aux5" track is at in the TCP/MCP it will always linked to the midi controlled mute on my console for that specific Aux.

I'm all ears for suggestions if you think there's a better way to go about it. I'm hoping to automate the mute for sending signal from an Aux out on the console into Reaper.
BryanAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 01:11 AM   #2095
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanAndrew View Post
I am wondering if it is possible to map a widget to a track with a specific name. I've searched the forum as well as the wiki and I can't seem to find the way to accomplish what I want. And maybe there's a better way to approach it.

I have an analog console with midi mutes, mapped and working with CSI. Which is awesome!!
the Aux sends have midi controlled mutes as well. I am wondering if it is possible to map them to always control a track in Reaper with a specific name, "Aux5" for example. So that no matter what position the "Aux5" track is at in the TCP/MCP it will always linked to the midi controlled mute on my console for that specific Aux.

I'm all ears for suggestions if you think there's a better way to go about it. I'm hoping to automate the mute for sending signal from an Aux out on the console into Reaper.
Working through a major code renovation right now, but that feature request is definitely close to the top of the to do list.
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 04:45 PM   #2096
HighAndDry
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Default can't get it to work

I just installed the new version. I can not get it to work at all. stop, start, etc not even the basic functions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midi.jpg (29.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Home page.jpg (39.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg assignments.jpg (36.4 KB, 13 views)
HighAndDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 05:17 PM   #2097
jacksoonbrowne
Human being with feelings
 
jacksoonbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighAndDry View Post
I just installed the new version. I can not get it to work at all. stop, start, etc not even the basic functions

MidiIn2/Midiout2 are for the two midi jacks on the rear of the Xtouch.

There should be two other entries for the X-Touch which are for the USB connection.

Select those and you should be good to go

Cheers, Roy
__________________
AKA: Roy Wallingford
jacksoonbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 06:25 PM   #2098
HighAndDry
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoonbrowne View Post
MidiIn2/Midiout2 are for the two midi jacks on the rear of the Xtouch.

There should be two other entries for the X-Touch which are for the USB connection.

Select those and you should be good to go

Cheers, Roy
Thanks. That worked! thank you very much!
HighAndDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 09:01 PM   #2099
spicytripe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 52
Default

Hi all, I've been reading through the wiki and searched through this thread but I'm still trying to wrap head around how to get sends to show on the same slot across multiple channels.

So per the wiki, I would used TrackSend.zon

I'm trying to tweak the UF1 zone files and it only has "SelectedTrackSend

Code:
Zone "SelectedTrackSend"
        OnZoneActivation            Reaper 40293                            //show I/0 Window of last touched Track

   	DisplayUpper|               TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayLower| 		    TrackSendPanDisplay
        Fader|Touch+DisplayLower|   TrackSendVolumeDisplay
        Control+RotaryPush|         TrackSendPrePost
        Fader|Touch+DisplayLower|   TrackSendVolumeDisplay
        Mute|                       TrackSendMute
        Rotary|                     TrackSendPan        
        Fader|                      TrackSendVolume
   	BankLeft                    Bank SelectedTrackSend -1
   	BankRight                   Bank SelectedTrackSend 1

        OnZoneDeactivation          Reaper 40293                            //show I/0 Window of last touched Track

ZoneEnd

From what I've been reading, I need to create a TrackSend.zon

So I can maybe create the TrackSend.zon from the MCU Tracksend.zon ?

Code:
Zone TrackSend
        DisplayUpper|               TrackNameDisplay
        DisplayLower|               TrackSendNameDisplay
        FaderTouch+DisplayLower|    TrackSendVolumeDisplay
        Shift+DisplayLower|         TrackSendPrePostDisplay
        Shift+RotaryPush|           TrackSendPrePost
        Mute|                       TrackSendMute
        Rotary|                     TrackSendPan
        Fader|                      TrackSendVolume
        BankLeft                    Bank TrackSend -1
        BankRight                   Bank TrackSend 1
ZoneEnd
Inside the UF1 Buttons.zon is this call to SelectedTrackSend

Code:
     Send                               GoAssociatedZone SelectedTrackSend
Is it just that simple where I change SelectedTrackSend to TrackSend? (With TrackSend.zon created ofcourse) And what if I want the option to control sends on one selected track and all it's send slots? Do I create some kind of button with a modifier to call that zone file?
And what is the OnZoneActivation 40293 in the UF1 SelectedTrackSend.zon file? I can't find 40293 anywhere else that it's calling to.

I'm not at the studio computer right now and have been thinking about this all night so I couldn't test anything out. I'm very noob to this so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Oh wait, I'm looking at the comment next to the call "40293" that's a call to show the last I/O window of last touched track. Which I kind of understand... but not.

Last edited by spicytripe; 05-22-2024 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Didn't see the comment next to code
spicytripe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 07:37 AM   #2100
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 260
Default Track zone as standard..

Do you think it's a good idea to prevent accidental pan/width adjustments when modifiers are used in the track zone? I found it confusing that RECARM was being used rather than the workflow of the rotary push..

This is how I have the Track zone (slightly modified from install)
I find it makes "accidents" less likely.Any thoughts?

Code:
Zone "Track"
                     VUMeter|      TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR
                DisplayUpper|      TrackNameDisplay
                       Fader|      TrackVolume 
          Touch+DisplayLower|      TrackVolumeDisplay
                  Flip+Fader|      TrackPan 
      
                      Rotary|      TrackPanAutoLeft RingStyle=Dot   // PAN
                DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoLeftDisplay
               Toggle+Rotary|      TrackPanAutoRight RingStyle=Dot  // WIDTH
         Toggle+DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoRightDisplay
      
                  RotaryPush|      ToggleChannel
 
            Shift+RotaryPush|      TrackPanAutoLeft RingStyle=Dot   [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ] // PAN
          Shift+DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoLeftDisplay 

                  
          Control+RotaryPush|      TrackPanAutoRight RingStyle=Dot  [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ] // WIDTH
        Control+DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoRightDisplay
          
               Option+Rotary|      NoAction
           Option+RotaryPush|      NoAction
            Option+RecordArm|      CycleTrackAutoMode
         Option+DisplayLower|      TrackAutoModeDisplay
                  Alt+Rotary|      NoAction
              Alt+RotaryPush|      NoAction
               Alt+RecordArm|      TrackInvertPolarity
            Alt+DisplayLower|      TrackInvertPolarityDisplay
    
    // For recording -- latch Alt modifier
    
       Alt+Option+RotaryPush|      CycleTrackInputMonitor
     Alt+Option+DisplayLower|      TrackInputMonitorDisplay
    Alt+Control+DisplayLower| 	   TrackRecordInputDisplay
   
   
                   RecordArm|      TrackRecordArm
                        Solo|      TrackSolo
                        Mute|      TrackMute
                      Select|      TrackUniqueSelect
                Shift+Select|      TrackRangeSelect
              Control+Select|      TrackSelect  
      
ZoneEnd
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra + Catalina.... sort of.... nearly....
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:04 PM   #2101
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Do you think it's a good idea to prevent accidental pan/width adjustments when modifiers are used in the track zone? I found it confusing that RECARM was being used rather than the workflow of the rotary push..

This is how I have the Track zone (slightly modified from install)
I find it makes "accidents" less likely.Any thoughts?

Code:
Zone "Track"
                     VUMeter|      TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR
                DisplayUpper|      TrackNameDisplay
                       Fader|      TrackVolume 
          Touch+DisplayLower|      TrackVolumeDisplay
                  Flip+Fader|      TrackPan 
      
                      Rotary|      TrackPanAutoLeft RingStyle=Dot   // PAN
                DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoLeftDisplay
               Toggle+Rotary|      TrackPanAutoRight RingStyle=Dot  // WIDTH
         Toggle+DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoRightDisplay
      
                  RotaryPush|      ToggleChannel
 
            Shift+RotaryPush|      TrackPanAutoLeft RingStyle=Dot   [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ] // PAN
          Shift+DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoLeftDisplay 

                  
          Control+RotaryPush|      TrackPanAutoRight RingStyle=Dot  [ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ] // WIDTH
        Control+DisplayLower|      TrackPanAutoRightDisplay
          
               Option+Rotary|      NoAction
           Option+RotaryPush|      NoAction
            Option+RecordArm|      CycleTrackAutoMode
         Option+DisplayLower|      TrackAutoModeDisplay
                  Alt+Rotary|      NoAction
              Alt+RotaryPush|      NoAction
               Alt+RecordArm|      TrackInvertPolarity
            Alt+DisplayLower|      TrackInvertPolarityDisplay
    
    // For recording -- latch Alt modifier
    
       Alt+Option+RotaryPush|      CycleTrackInputMonitor
     Alt+Option+DisplayLower|      TrackInputMonitorDisplay
    Alt+Control+DisplayLower| 	   TrackRecordInputDisplay
   
   
                   RecordArm|      TrackRecordArm
                        Solo|      TrackSolo
                        Mute|      TrackMute
                      Select|      TrackUniqueSelect
                Shift+Select|      TrackRangeSelect
              Control+Select|      TrackSelect  
      
ZoneEnd
I say this in relation to keeping all actions of modifier displays, clearly being the only action that can be edited with buttons or rotary on that channel. There's still the option of touch to override the display... I have found even the most complex of setups can still ensure a plethora of controls whilst not allowing anything to operate without being on the display.
I'm also only suggesting this as the install, so new users can go on to change any "NoAction" as they wish, but in the mean time, it remains visibly simple.
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra + Catalina.... sort of.... nearly....
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:32 AM   #2102
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytripe View Post
Is it just that simple where I change SelectedTrackSend to TrackSend? (With TrackSend.zon created ofcourse) And what if I want the option to control sends on one selected track and all it's send slots? Do I create some kind of button with a modifier to call that zone file?
You just need Zones for both styles and then 2 buttons, or 1 button with a modifier:

Code:
SomeButton  GoAssociatedZone SelectedTrackSend
OtherButton GoAssociatedZone TrackSend
or

Code:
SomeButton       GoAssociatedZone SelectedTrackSend
Shift+SomeButton GoAssociatedZone TrackSend
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM   #2103
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
I say this in relation to keeping all actions of modifier displays, clearly being the only action that can be edited with buttons or rotary on that channel. There's still the option of touch to override the display... I have found even the most complex of setups can still ensure a plethora of controls whilst not allowing anything to operate without being on the display.
I'm also only suggesting this as the install, so new users can go on to change any "NoAction" as they wish, but in the mean time, it remains visibly simple.
Yes, I agree we need to curate all of the "out of the box" Zones for a better Ux.

It's on the to do list
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM   #2104
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, I agree we need to curate all of the "out of the box" Zones for a better Ux.

It's on the to do list
Great - I've spent a lot of time in this area and am happy to share/discuss
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra + Catalina.... sort of.... nearly....
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:47 AM   #2105
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Great - I've spent a lot of time in this area and am happy to share/discuss
Fantastic !

We certainly welcome on your expertise, thanks for offering !
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM   #2106
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Fantastic !

We certainly welcome on your expertise, thanks for offering !
Just a very very persistent snail compared to you guys Geoff
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra + Catalina.... sort of.... nearly....
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #2107
spicytripe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
You just need Zones for both styles and then 2 buttons, or 1 button with a modifier:

Code:
SomeButton  GoAssociatedZone SelectedTrackSend
OtherButton GoAssociatedZone TrackSend
or

Code:
SomeButton       GoAssociatedZone SelectedTrackSend
Shift+SomeButton GoAssociatedZone TrackSend

Awesome! I'll try this out. I did a quick test the other day and couldn't get TrackSend to work with the Send button calling it. Not sure why but I will try it again tomorrow when I get some time. Thank you so much!
spicytripe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #2108
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings
 
MalcolmG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 195
Default Calling Reaper Actions from FX Zones

Wondering if its possible to call Reaper actions from within an FX zone? I've tried it using the same syntax (ie. Widget Reaper Action_ID) as other zones, but it doesn't seem to work.

It may seem an odd request, but I've just struck the need with JS Super8 Looper. Each of the loop controls (Rec, Play, Stop, etc) are not exposed through the normal VST method, and you need to map them to MIDI CC's. I've got custom actions that send those CC's, but I'd like to trigger them from the Super8 FX Zon for my footswitch.

Here's my FX zone that doesn't work:

Code:
Zone "JS: Super8 MIDI-controlled synchronized looper (Cockos)" "Super8"
    Switch_0_1       Reaper _RS2dea93d78b93dcc50e6501edd3af45d82ad1f4df // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC36.lua
    Switch_0_2       Reaper _RS7a7a3737955eacb8d567c9ccf7d8b9527f0bfde3 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC38.lua
    Switch_0_3       Reaper _RSe767b27fe1de7e38c5d75760e0632440a8823638 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC41.lua
    Switch_0_4       Reaper _RS0d5a7f6bd7478cc06b32bc950402565cbb3c558b // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC43.lua
    Switch_0_6       Reaper _RSf2df3bcb05fb692ee913085c17fd658681749cbf // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC45.lua
    Switch_0_7       Reaper _RSe1e27fef54ae99ce6d6d5470d7d52fb87ea41ce2 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC48.lua
    Switch_0_8       Reaper _RSf868a3065c688559f85ed8a754b480318e50ded7 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC50.lua
    Switch_0_9       Reaper _RSb225b7e01945304b71885a722a495e98567d306d // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC53.lua
ZoneEnd
The exact same content in the Buttons zone for my footswitch works fine. Obviously I'd like to have these mapped only when I enter the FX zone.

Perhaps it's never been intended for Reaper actions to be called from FX zones?

Cheers
Malcolm
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:35 AM   #2109
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Wondering if its possible to call Reaper actions from within an FX zone? I've tried it using the same syntax (ie. Widget Reaper Action_ID) as other zones, but it doesn't seem to work.

It may seem an odd request, but I've just struck the need with JS Super8 Looper. Each of the loop controls (Rec, Play, Stop, etc) are not exposed through the normal VST method, and you need to map them to MIDI CC's. I've got custom actions that send those CC's, but I'd like to trigger them from the Super8 FX Zon for my footswitch.

Here's my FX zone that doesn't work:

Code:
Zone "JS: Super8 MIDI-controlled synchronized looper (Cockos)" "Super8"
    Switch_0_1       Reaper _RS2dea93d78b93dcc50e6501edd3af45d82ad1f4df // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC36.lua
    Switch_0_2       Reaper _RS7a7a3737955eacb8d567c9ccf7d8b9527f0bfde3 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC38.lua
    Switch_0_3       Reaper _RSe767b27fe1de7e38c5d75760e0632440a8823638 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC41.lua
    Switch_0_4       Reaper _RS0d5a7f6bd7478cc06b32bc950402565cbb3c558b // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC43.lua
    Switch_0_6       Reaper _RSf2df3bcb05fb692ee913085c17fd658681749cbf // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC45.lua
    Switch_0_7       Reaper _RSe1e27fef54ae99ce6d6d5470d7d52fb87ea41ce2 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC48.lua
    Switch_0_8       Reaper _RSf868a3065c688559f85ed8a754b480318e50ded7 // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC50.lua
    Switch_0_9       Reaper _RSb225b7e01945304b71885a722a495e98567d306d // Script: MalG_SendMidiCC53.lua
ZoneEnd
The exact same content in the Buttons zone for my footswitch works fine. Obviously I'd like to have these mapped only when I enter the FX zone.

Perhaps it's never been intended for Reaper actions to be called from FX zones?

Cheers
Malcolm
Might have something to do with Navigation context.

What preconditions do the scripts rely on ?
__________________
To install you need the CSI Software and Support Files
For installation instructions and documentation see the Wiki
Donate -- via PayPal to waddingtongeoff@gmail.com
Geoff Waddington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #2110
spicytripe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 52
Default

Holy cow this is awesome!! Finally got it working with TrackSend. Didn't realize I had to add it in Home.zon. Now tweaking more of melostalker's UF1 zon files. SelectedTrackReceive is soooo cool. I thought having sends across all rotaries for a particular slot was convenient. SelectedTrackReceive actually is even better. This is sooo awesome.

The UF1 has track colors but I can't get Track Colors to work per the wiki

Code:
Zone "Track"
    Select|     TrackUniqueSelect  { "Track" }
ZoneEnd

Also, if anybody has any insight, when the fader is used for sends, it loses it's functionality as you select up in track numbers. Sorry that's a weird sentence... I'll explain.

If track 1 is selected and sends is activated:
Send Slot 1 can be controlled by the fader (UF1 only has 1 fader)
If you bank right, the fader controls slot 2

If track 2 is selected and sends is activated:
Only Send Slot 2 can be controlled by the fader
If you bank left, the fader does not control slot 1

If track 3 is selected and sends is activated:
No Send Slots can be controlled.

Not really a big deal because I changed it so only the rotaries control the sends but just wondering about the mechanics behind it.
spicytripe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #2111
spicytripe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 52
Default

So I've been playing around with CSI all day and got my UF1 working with Sends and Receives. I'm now playing around with plugins and can't get anything to respond. No remapping window is opening so I started manual mapping per the wiki. I chose Method 2: CSI Toggle Write Params to /CSI/Zones/ZoneRawFXFiles when FX inserted

Created a simple zone file for Valhalla Plate:

Code:
Zone "VST3: ValhallaPlate (Valhalla DSP, LLC)" " Val Plate"

Rotary1			FXParam 0
RotaryPush1     	NoAction
DisplayUpper1       	FixedTextDisplay "Mix"
DisplayLower1       	FXParamValueDisplay 0

ZoneEnd
Put the zone file in a subfolder "FXZones/Valhalla"

On my UF1, I press PLUGIN and see Valhalla and press the corresponding rotary. Valhalla Plate gui pops up but that's as far as I get. No "Mix" value populates on the display. I've watched a bunch of youtube videos and read through wiki. I've refreshed surfaces. Quit reaper and restarted. Reinstantiated the plugin. What am I missing?

Thanks all!
spicytripe is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.