Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-01-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Default "Multimonitor Aware" mode issue

I'm running one monitor at 2560x1440, and a secondary monitor at 1920 x 1080, running in 'multimonitor aware' mode.

Certain plug-ins GUI's do not work correctly on the second monitor, the mouse cursor is being registered in the wrong place.

I've observed this behaviour with Sonic Academy's 'Kick2', REFX 'Nexus3' and others.

I've checked this in other DAW's and it doesn't happen - what's interesting though is that in other DAW's the plugin resizes itself when dragging from one screen to the next (smaller for the lower res screen) and it doesn't in Reaper. It seems like the plugin is 'expecting' to be resized, and isn't, so the cursor lands in the place it SHOULD have landed on the GUI, had it been resized. (hope this makes sense).

This only happens with the 'multimonitor aware' modes.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:25 PM   #2
Joe90

Additional info - it's related to OS scaling. I'm on Win 10 and scaling at 125% on my main screen and 100% scaling on the other. If I set scaling at 100% for both then I don't get the issue.

The unique thing about both the of the plugins I mentioned is that they scale dynamically with the OS - if I set windows scaling to 125%, then the plugins get larger (most don't). Something about these scaling plugins is causing graphical issues for them in Reaper.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
Joe90

Bumping and updating - the post is not correctly titled. I don't think it's directly related to the HiDPI mode (it's just that using the 'ignore' settings corrects the issue, because Reaper isn't scaling with the OS on these settings), it's an issue that occurs when using two monitors at different scaling settings.

I have found a free VSTi that exhibits this behaviour, in the hope that the Devs or someone else can test this and confirm it.

https://decomposer.de/sitala/

Steps to recreate -

Run two displays at different scaling settings

Open sitala in Reaper and try to click the buttons when placed on either display - they will only work correctly on one of the displays.

Thanks.