Old 01-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #761
sws
Code Monkey

Anton, I'm just using Reaper native actions to scrub. There's no "special scrub access." Since Reaper can't do it natively then I can't either.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #762
Anton9
Human being with feelings

Tim,

The way it would work is more related to the move cursor part of the action. For example when using "SWS: Move cursor right 5ms" is there no way to detect when the cursor has reached the loop end? If so it should just send a command to set the cursor to the loop start.

See the way I am using your Move cursor actions is I have a MIDI CC lfo controlling it, so each time a CC event is passed to the action it moves the cursor a little further right. Because the scrub works with these actions I am able to create cool stutter and slowed down type of effects in this way.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #763
Anton9

I guess it probably won't work as I just tried to assign "Move cursor to start of item" action to a marker and the action only triggers when the cursor is in regular play mode and note when being moved with an action..., oh-well.., thanks anyway.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #764
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Try 2.1.0 #27 and let me know what you think.
Thanks Tim, I'll download it in the morning and report back.

>
Old 01-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #765
planetnine

That's great Tim. Just what I was wanting, thank you!

(Scrub-happy)...

>
Old 02-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #766
gwok

hey,

I have a sneaky suspicion a new update is coming up soon - if possible do think you guys could get a couple of those project management enhancements included? particularly opening recent project lists, and the save as most recent. Those would be a "super bonus", if you guys feel inclined

tx

g

http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...ummary%20Stars

http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...ummary%20Stars
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #767
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
I have a sneaky suspicion a new update is coming up soon
Sneaky suspicion confirmed..., v2.2.0 #1 available at http://www.standingwaterstudios.com/

By the way SWS team.., Thank You
Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #768
Sexan

Last edited by Sexan; 02-18-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Sexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #769
mehmethan

Cue Bus Generator Bug...
I don't know if I'm missing something but

When I try to create cue buss from track template (/manual) It just adds an empty track to the project not my selected track template. (SWS 2.2.0)

It's the same when I use the action Create cue buss from track selection (use last settings) or from the cue buss generator itself.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #770
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Cue Bus Generator Bug...
I don't know if I'm missing something but

When I try to create cue buss from track template (/manual) It just adds an empty track to the project not my selected track template. (SWS 2.2.0)

It's the same when I use the action Create cue buss from track selection (use last settings) or from the cue buss generator itself.
this might be a stupid question so forgive me if it is but are you selecting tracks for it to create the template from?

The template just stores info about name, fxs, outputs etc but not about input routing as this changes per track and is the reason you have to first choose tracks for it to use as it's receives.

Edit: although I will try it here later and see if it is indeed broke
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #771
mehmethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
this might be a stupid question so forgive me if it is but are you selecting tracks for it to create the template from?

The template just stores info about name, fxs, outputs etc but not about input routing as this changes per track and is the reason you have to first choose tracks for it to use as it's receives.

Edit: although I will try it here later and see if it is indeed broke

I'm selecting some tracks and trying to create a cue buss with a track template for these selected tracks.. And this is not working here. (My track template for cue buss has a reverb fx). But the generator does not add my track template to the project. It adds an empty track instead.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #772
musicbynumbers

Quote:
I'm selecting some tracks and trying to create a cue buss with a track template for these selected tracks.. And this is not working here. (My track template for cue buss has a reverb fx). But the generator does not add my track template to the project. It adds an empty track instead.
Ah ok,

I did try that just now and for me it works fine with a template I use all the time for headphone setup with a vocalist.

Does the template load in ok in the normal way? (as in right click an empty space in the TCP and choose to load it there)
Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #773
mehmethan

Quote:
Ah ok,

Does the template load in ok in the normal way? (as in right click an empty space in the TCP and choose to load it there)
Yes it loads fine.

What I'm doing is :

1- Cue buss generator is set as "create cue buss from track template(/manual)"
and properties saved.

2- select some tracks

3- use the action "create cue buss from track selection (use last selection)"

what it does is :

create an empty track that has recieves from selected tracks

what I expect is create my template track with recieves from selected tracks

Reaper v4.16pre 25 - SWS 2.2.0 - Mac OSX 10.5.8
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #774
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
what I expect is create my template track with recieves from selected tracks
Reaper v4.16pre 25 - SWS 2.2.0 - Mac OSX 10.5.8
Thanks for the details mehmethan. I cannot confirm your prob, everything OK here (Win7 x64, WinXP). Sorry but are you sure the tick box "create cue buss from track template" is indeed ticked?
if the option is indeed ticked and no template is applied, can you please try with the latest official REAPER (v4.151 - there is some related updates in v4.16pre 25)

perharps an OSX issue? Can someone else confirm?
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #775
Coachz

maybe make a licecap of your procedure so we can see exactly what you are doing

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #776
mehmethan

thanks to all eho is trying to help me.

I tried to make licecaps

1-

[IMG]http://img706.**************/img706/4282/58779359.th.gif[/IMG]

as you see my track template works fine

2-

[IMG]http://img201.**************/img201/9725/10808581.th.gif[/IMG]

3-

[IMG]http://img839.**************/img839/5792/16263382.gif[/IMG]

4-

[IMG]http://img220.**************/img220/2299/34200499.gif[/IMG]

(This is out of subject. I'm new at this licecap thing. I uploaded thi gif files to imageshack and enter the forum links. I don't know if you see them as animated gif files, here I don't sorry )
Old 03-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #777
Jeffos
Mortal

Hey, I am looking for someone on Mac that could give me a hand! (just saving a couple of files: I guess there are great possible optimizations around AU effects but I can't test that myself.. no mac here).
PM me if you are willing to help, thanks!

@mehmethan: dang! sorry to have let you down..
In the current version, you have to click the "Save properties" button before you can use the action "SWS/S&M: Create cue buss from track selection (use last settings)"
There is another thread about this.. as it seems confusing, I removed this button in the next SWS/S&M beta: cue buss settings will be saved on the fly, so you will have nothing to care about. You will also be able to define up to 8 diffrent settings in the "Cue buss generator" window (+ 8 new actions "SWS/S&M: Create cue buss from track selection, settings n")

Last edited by Jeffos; 03-25-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #778
CaptainHook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Hey, I am looking for someone on Mac that could give me a hand!
PM'ed ya.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #779
Jeffos
Mortal

thanks CaptainHook

.. oh! and v2.2.0 #3 is out, with a surprise (tm)
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list
Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #780
Anton9

Thanks for the update.

I was excited about the new Region Playlist, but either I'm doing something wrong or it's not working correctly. For instance if I have 3 regions and I reorder them in the list as 1,3,2..., 1 and 2 get played but 3 never does.

Is there any way that smooth seek could be set up as optional? It just seems counter intuitive, regions should be played based on their exact length.

Cheers
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #781
Jeffos
Mortal

EDIT: forget what is written below. Playing is ok now, there is no more constraints on region ends (with SWS >= v2.2.0 #7 and REAPER >= v4.23pre3)

I KNEW IT! I knew someone will report that.. but no! not YOU Anton9
from the v2.2.0 #3changelog:
Code:
[...]
Important note: the play preview is based on "smooth seeking" so regions are played until the next measure (start positions of regions do not matter).
Croping a project to a playlist will respect regions boundaries, of course.
[...]
.. so region must end on measures. BTW, an easy workaround is to use a one beat measure time signature 1/4, with that you will have beat precision, i.e. regions just have to end on beats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Is there any way that smooth seek could be set up as optional? It just seems counter intuitive, regions should be played based on their exact length.
.. but yeah I see what you mean and I forsse other reports like that (exactly why I hesitated to push this in the SWS extension). I can probably switch/restore the time sig on playlist play/stop since time sig markers do not make sense in this playlist context.. hum, needs to double-check.. or only keep the crop feature in the worts case. I'll see.
for your question: no, smooth seeking is definitely required. it is the only way to have perfect timing with the current API (AFAIK).

Last edited by Jeffos; 05-06-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: no more constrainst on region ends
Old 03-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #782
BenK-msx

Quote:
.. oh! and v2.2.0 #3 is out, with a surprise (tm)
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list
eek thanks Jeffos & co - looks juicy as usual.

one thought (without trying it) was option to crop playlist to new project tab, leaving current untouched. or can we macro that up?

cool.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #783
Viente

+All S&M windows: optional Windows-rendered fonts (ClearType) - To enable this option set ClearTypeFont to 1 in the section [General] of the S&M.ini file

Oh thats cool! I've already noticed it in the #2 version too. The font is much better now! thanks!
But i've noticed its not affected the tooltip anymore as in #2 ver, is it possible to bring it back?

Last edited by Viente; 03-26-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #784
musicbynumbers

Jeffos some great stuff here! Will donate to you both again when I get some money through!

What's happening to the bug report section (http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/updates/list) on the google site? it now says it doesn't exist when I try and access it?

Also, I found a possible bug in the amazing new region playlist feature. If I change a regions length it correctly updates the playlist but still plays the region as if it had the old length. Is that a feature or a bug?

Lastly, Any news on that amazing "text replacement" feature you were thinking of adding to the find window? will it now be part of the label processor perhaps instead?

thanks!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #785
Kundalinguist

Region Playlist - How cool is that!

You guys are like the unofficial R&D wing of Reaper.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #786
Jeffos
Mortal

Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
one thought (without trying it) was option to crop playlist to new project tab, leaving current untouched. or can we macro that up?
"crop playlist to new project tab" was my first idea too but I had a tech problem I can't remember of right now.. I'll give it another go.
and no, it is not possible with a macro since I didn't add any "crop project to plalist" action. would that be useful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viente View Post
Oh thats cool! I've already noticed it in the #2 version too. The font is much better now! thanks!
But i've noticed its not affected the tooltip anymore as in #2 ver, is it possible to bring it back?
Ah yes.. I'll bring it back for tooltips too
Quote:
What's happening to the bug report section (http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/updates/list) on the google site? it now says it doesn't exist when I try and access it?
Confirmed! It's Google's fault. They decided to removed it.. just like that.. radical! More info here (from Tim): http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=24324
It is a bit like if MIDI support was removed from REAPER until a supposed "bug" was fixed! Glups :/ This page was the main one to me (to keep updated).
Quote:
If I change a regions length it correctly updates the playlist but still plays the region as if it had the old length. Is that a feature or a bug?
It depends when you changed the length vs the play cursor position, but yes, it is most probably normal. I decided NOT to lock playlist edition during play, it has some advantages but this drawback too.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #787
gwok

awesome stuff, again.

maybe a little bug lurking in the region playlist. Seems the play button stays engaged efter the stop button is pressed. Playback does stop, though the play button stays green. It does turn off after multiple clicks on the stop button, or after some time it seems.

g

edit: actually just realized it may be a gui thing, because after i hit stop it stays green (play button), though it will go grey just by hovering the mouse over the play button - hth

osx 10.6.8, reaper 4.21
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #788
BenK-msx

Jeffos: to make it macro friendly something like "copy cropped playlist to clipboard" would be cool as we can then ' open new tab ' and paste or paste it at end of current project etc. etc.

The Region playlist empties when u switch project tabs so it would be tricky to achieve otherwise.

Just athought, any associated actions welcome of course!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #789
Jeffos
Mortal

Default CUSTOMIZATION & LOCALIZATION OF THE SWS EXTENSION

CUSTOMIZATION & LOCALIZATION OF THE EXTENSION

How to get a translated version of the extension?
  • Wait for some valiant people to translate things (the better/faster being to contribute )
  • 3 years later, drag'n'drop the resulting language pack file in REAPER (or select it in REAPER's main menu > prefrences > general)
  • Restart REAPER

How to customize/translate the extension?
At the moment, we can not define one langpack for REAPER and another one for SWS, so both langpack files must be translated and then merged as follow:
  • First have a look here: http://www.reaper.fm/langpack, chapter "Develop Language Packs"
  • Download the SWS Template LangPack file: here (latest version)
  • Translate this file and keep a copy of it!
    We we call this file the reference: this is the file translators work on, this is not the one you distribute
  • Merge the translated SWS LangPack with the translated REAPER LangPack:
    - Say the translated REAPER langpack file is "REAPER_French.txt" and the translated SWS LangPack file is "SWS_French.txt" (the reference)
    - Download Cockos' "merge_langpacks" tool (available here - hopes it's ok to link from here @moderators: feel free to edit if not!) and from a command line - on Windows here:
    Code:
    merge_langpacks.exe REAPER_French.txt SWS_French.txt > FULL_French.ReaperLangPack
  • Done: that new file "FULL_French.ReaperLangPack" is the file you can distribute,
    it is installed as described above (drag-drop in REAPER or via Preferences > General)
Notes:
  • Important: keep separated copies of the translated SWS LangPack and the translated REAPER LangPack.
    Reasons: this will ease future REAPER and/or SWS langpack upgrades, also separated langpack files for REAPER and SWS is likely to happen in the future...
  • The SWS LangPack should be translated just like the REAPER one:
    As you translate a string, remove the ; from the beginning of the line.
    If the line begins with ;^ then it is an optional string, and you should only modify that line if the definition in [common] is not accurate for that context.
  • Do not change action tags (like SWS:, SWS/S&M:, etc..): such translations would be ignored!
    This is to ease debug on our end...
  • The SWS Template LangPack has no #NAME, this is normal. An applicable version number is wrote at the top of the file.
  • Only S&M windows are dynamically sized according to string lengths.

How to upgrade the SWS LangPack file?
From time to time, the SWS template LangPack will be updated (latest version here).
  • Let's say that new template is "SWS_Template.txt"
  • Merge your current translated SWS langpack (the SWS reference file, not the "full" REAPER+SWS langpack you distribute):
    Code:
    merge_langpacks.exe SWS_Template.txt SWS_French.txt > NEW_SWS_French.txt
  • Translate new strings in this file "NEW_SWS_French.txt" and keep a copy of it, this is the new reference file
  • Merge that file with the current (translated) REAPER one:
    Code:
    merge_langpacks.exe REAPER_French.txt NEW_SWS_French.txt > FULL_French.ReaperLangPack
  • Done: that new file "FULL_French.ReaperLangPack" is the file you can distribute,
    it is installed as described above (drag-drop in REAPER or via Preferences > General)

Many thanks to Justin who made this possible!

Last edited by Jeffos; 01-13-2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: url update
Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #790
gofer
-blänk-

Wow! I love "paste playlist at edit cursor".

One thing, when I have a region multiple times in my playlist (by adding it or by using the "count column") and then crop it, shouldn't it create new region markers for the added parts in the timeline?
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #791
Kundalinguist

Incredible! As soon as I installed this new version I could feel a shift in my sluggish attitude and have suddenly become most popular with the opposite sex. And unless it's my imagination, I'm also noticing some renewed hair growth in my temple region. I'll be telling all my friends about this new update. Hmmm, but wait. Maybe I'll just keep it all to myself.

Beyond that...that regions playlist issue I mentioned above is now fixed.

Thanks for the new hair, Team SWS!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #792
Jeffos
Mortal

haha ha! these forums would not be the w/o you Kunda! Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Wow! I love "paste playlist at edit cursor".

One thing, when I have a region multiple times in my playlist (by adding it or by using the "count column") and then crop it, shouldn't it create new region markers for the added parts in the timeline?
No, but it's a choice I made. A bit complicated to explain.. I try: you will see the region playlist is preserved after crop with the needed regions and the *same count numbers* so that if your crop, crop, and crop it again the project will remain the same (crops will be no-op). Do you think something different would be better?

Last edited by Jeffos; 04-11-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #793
mabian

Quote:
haha ha! these forums would not be the w/o you Kunda! Thanks
Totally

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #794
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
No, but it's a choice I made. A bit complicated to explain.. I try: you will see the region playlist is preserved after crop with the needed regions and the *same count numbers* so that if your crop, crop, and crop it again the project will remain the same (crops will be no-op). Do you think something different would be better?
I think I understand. Kind of . If it helps the process of working further with the cropped playlist ("playlisting" it again) and grew Kunda some new hair then it's good as is.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #795
Viente

Thanks for making ClearType font for tooltips too. Now its much readable on Win7
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #796
gembez

I'm experiencing a behavior problem with "Set Fade of Selected Items to Configuration X".

I'm using this feature either fade-ins or fade-outs and not both at the same time. So in each configuration either the fade-in or fade-out length is set to 0. But Reaper interprets that as a fade with the length of 0. So if I already have a fade there, it basically removes it. For example, I have an item with a crossfade at the end, and I would like to use this feature just to add a fade-in. But in addition to getting my fade-in the croosfade will get removed.

I think if Reaper treats an empty box (or an x in the box) as "leave the fade as is" the problem will be solved. If that's not possible, then I think the next option would to have Reaper treat a 0 length as "leave the fade as is".

Thanks in advance,
Gembez
gembez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #797
daxliniere

Bonjour Jeffos,
Did you receive my private message yet?

Cheers,
Dax.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #798
Anton9

Default Attention Jeffos

I just installed 2.2.0.6 and found a bad bug.
I created Issue 466 at the beta site that details the problem.

Thanks,

Anton9

p.s. The new 'Paste region(s) at edit cursor' action works really well. thank you!

Last edited by Anton9; 05-01-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #799
Coachz

+SWS/S&M: Remove all envelopes for selected tracks - works with frozen tracks (preserved), master track, fx param envelopes, etc..

that will rock ! Thanks

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #800
musicbynumbers

Default help! :)

version 2.2.0.6 has removed some of the very handy hide/show actions for the MCP,. I use to be able to hide all but the selected tracks (and still can in 2.2.0.5) and other things like this. Is the change on purpose?

(I always knew you were evil Jeffos!)