Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-10-2018, 06:13 AM   #1
cutnpaste
Banned

Default Something more user friendly than group matrix (Solved)

Looking for something that does group settings,but much less gyrations to go through than group matrix or the group settings thing.

I have found the solution to my group matrix issue. I decided the best solution is not to use the group function since it is so cumbersome to use. If you create a group and you would like to use it for another group it is not possible to do you have to recreate it, that seems like so much unnecessary work to do.

Last edited by cutnpaste; 12-12-2018 at 02:49 AM.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

I use toolbars to set the item groups. Groups can be saved into track templates, so just set them up how you want and them make templates. There is an action to set tracks to a particular group using the default group settings, so this can also be done after the fact. I only open the matrix to troubleshoot complicated setups. I suggest assigning a particular color to each group and build it into your action to set the group. Then it's very obvious when tracks are in the same group.

Another cool thing is that if you include VCA slave options as default, you can have a template of VCA master tracks you can load at anytime for managing volume of all tracks of the same group at once.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #3
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
I use toolbars to set the item groups. Groups can be saved into track templates, so just set them up how you want and them make templates. There is an action to set tracks to a particular group using the default group settings, so this can also be done after the fact. I only open the matrix to troubleshoot complicated setups. I suggest assigning a particular color to each group and build it into your action to set the group. Then it's very obvious when tracks are in the same group.

Another cool thing is that if you include VCA slave options as default, you can have a template of VCA master tracks you can load at anytime for managing volume of all tracks of the same group at once.
The action to set track's to a particular group, I tried using it, which did not work, I used it previously.

Thanks for the response, I will try and see if I can make this work with your suggestions.

Last edited by cutnpaste; 12-10-2018 at 09:37 PM.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote