Old 11-27-2023, 03:14 AM   #3041
Thomas Schwab
Human being with feelings

Is there a way that the automation doesn't close automatically when switching between tracks?
This only happens to me when I use the track inspector.
Can you also set it to only display streams without doing it manually?

Thank you in advance.
Thomas Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 07:18 PM   #3042
z-hunter

Default Free version doesn't work with Reaper 7

Hi,
I downloaded the free version of Track Inspector in the script manager, and notices that it does not work in Reaper 7 anymore. It gives an error about the different format of encoded main file.
z-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:35 AM   #3043
WarrenG

Default Will we ever see the non-VIP scripts working with Reaper 7.xx ??

Hi HeDa

Is there any chance your going to re-compile your Non-VIP scripts to work again with Reaper versions 7 and up?

Been a while and we haven't heard much from you regarding your intentions.
Sure hope so, I am sure I am not the only one whom misses them.

Thanks

Warren
WarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:53 PM   #3044
heda

Yes I will and latest versions. Sorry I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 06:15 PM   #3045
WarrenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Yes I will and latest versions. Sorry I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
Thank you, comforting news for sure.
I can totally understand that you would be overwhelmed.
Just glad to hear there is an end game and we will all be blessed as a result.

All the best in your efforts.

Thanks for letting us know.

Warren
WarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 02:00 AM   #3046
mozart999uk

I know it's tricky for people, with the cost of living as it is, but I would whole-heartedly recommend, if people can, to support Hector by joining the VIP thing.

The VIP versions are really worth it and it supports future development.

As I say, I totally get that things are tricky with money at the moment. :-)

I'm sure they are for Hector too actually.....
mozart999uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 06:04 PM   #3047
daounandout

Quote:
no. the buttons only display the S! S2 S3... not the track names. I can make an option to display the track names and track numbers like in the +preset menu
Thanks for adding this in! So useful when running loads of busses & sends. Appreciate it
daounandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:45 PM   #3048
Ape_Din

Default track inspector issue

When you select a track, it sends the info to track inspector. This is the way you achieved it. The problem is that on the route button i have a yellow line that actually distracts me as it seems that i have a send going through that track. Is it possible to make it so it doesnt show as a send on a selected track?
Ape_Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 08:46 AM   #3049
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape_Din View Post
When you select a track, it sends the info to track inspector. This is the way you achieved it. The problem is that on the route button i have a yellow line that actually distracts me as it seems that i have a send going through that track. Is it possible to make it so it doesnt show as a send on a selected track?
This send is only needed if you use the loudness meter by a plugin like dpmeter or cockos loudness
If you set the meter panel option to use reaper peaks mode then it doesn't create the send and works better. I hope that helps
Old 01-10-2024, 09:09 AM   #3050
Ape_Din

Oh i see, thnks for the reply!
Old 01-13-2024, 07:48 AM   #3051
Ape_Din

So i have set the Ti to autostart. I noticed that there is a black screen in the Ti when Reaper starts and than it dissapears.

Im on Reaper 7, mac os 13.6.3 (intel).

https://imgur.com/tFMi8II

Last edited by Ape_Din; 01-13-2024 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added video
Old 01-14-2024, 04:50 AM   #3052
heda

How did you add it to autostart ? Using the button in settings? Or using SWS? I remember using sws caused problems in the past at least. I haven't tested it recently.
Old 01-14-2024, 06:00 AM   #3053
Ape_Din

Quote:
How did you add it to autostart ? Using the button in settings? Or using SWS? I remember using sws caused problems in the past at least. I haven't tested it recently.
Using the autostart option in the Ti.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:19 AM   #3054
pph

hi HeDa,

i'm still a big fan of trackinspector2vip which always makes me extend the licence for another 6 month.

recently i got a presonus studiolive series III 32sc digital mixer with motorized faders and the option to control any daw via the mackie control emulation which is build into the firmware of this device.

i found a little quirk with HeDa trackinspector2vip when using the studiolive series III 32sc in daw-mode to control reaper:
let's imagine a setting in reaper – let's say we have 3 tracks and trackinspector is always creating a send on the specific track track i select to monitor this track. every time i switch the selection of a track, trackinspector is moving exactly that motorized fader for half a second (up and down halfway) which is numbered with the index of the first or last free or unused or non existing track in my reaper project. in our example from the beginning with a reaper project with 3 tracks, it's moving fader 4. ergo: when trackinspector switches the send from track to track, let's say from 1 to 2 it shortly moves fadder 4 up and down. if i would create a fourth track in our example, trackinspector keeps index number 4 and my new track gets number 5, which then moves my motorized fader number 4 on my console which is actually in use to play sound. as a contemporary art piece this would work: "a sound level analyzer which intervenes in the production of a human composer" ;D but for my current workflow i'm not able to use my beloved trackinspector, because it not just makes my console and my sound production go crazy, it also produces a lot of noise – which by itself with out me could also be a nice piece of a media sculpture for an upcoming museum show, but sadly and seriously it is not. hope therer's already a fix out there and if not you have a nice and interesting bug report by now. best
pph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:35 AM   #3055
heda

@ppq I don't understand why that would happen, but maybe if the sends being changed are creating the problem, you can try to setup the meters to use reaper peaks instead of using the hidden track with sends. This is changed in the meter panel menu options.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:51 AM   #3056
daounandout

Hi heda!

I've been making so much use of the custom buttons function in TI2 to create an interface that controls my whole template. It's a total game-changer, I love it!

There's a couple of features that would be so handy to make this even better, I wonder if you could consider these:

1) Could buttons for actions that have toggle states show the on/off state using the same icon system as the native Reaper toolbar buttons? Currently, it displays the left 3rd of the 3-panel icon files, but it doesn't show as "on" when the toggle is activated. Not sure if this is possible without causing some slowdown or performance issues.

2) Could we enable mouse modifiers on buttons? So, a normal click would run one action, shift-click would run another, cmd-click, another and so on.

As always, thanks for your amazing work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeDa TI2 Custom Interface.jpg (88.0 KB, 362 views)
Old 01-24-2024, 02:43 AM   #3057
heda

Wow. When I did the custom buttons I thought about a few buttons here and there, not a whole panel like this. This is amazing and thanks for the suggestions. It seems that customs buttons need a revamp.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:59 AM   #3058
daounandout

Quote:
Wow. When I did the custom buttons I thought about a few buttons here and there, not a whole panel like this. This is amazing and thanks for the suggestions. It seems that customs buttons need a revamp.
It's a great tool, I'm surprised more people aren't creating panels like this because it solves the problem of Reaper's terrible toolbar customisation. Reaper can do custom icons, but arranging them the way you want is a nightmare, and the native text rendering is diabolical haha. Your system is very customisable. There is a small 'bug' I noticed though. When reordering the buttons, you can only send a button backwards in the order, not forwards. If you go too far back by accident, it becomes a case of having to send the later buttons back behind it, or just removing it and recreating it. Other than that, it's great!
Old 01-25-2024, 11:54 AM   #3059
pph

@heda : with the option "use REAPER meters" the auto-fader problem is gone, but then the LUFS meter in TI2 is not operating. any suggestions?

Quote:
@ppq I don't understand why that would happen, but maybe if the sends being changed are creating the problem, you can try to setup the meters to use reaper peaks instead of using the hidden track with sends. This is changed in the meter panel menu options.
Old 01-25-2024, 01:25 PM   #3060
pph

is there a way to update the lufs-numbers above the lufs-meters in TI2 when reaper's playback is stopped?
Old 01-25-2024, 02:00 PM   #3061
pph

@heda : how to change the height of the correlation and direction meters? i'm on a retina mac and both appear vertically squeezed.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2024-01-25_heda_ti2_screenshot2_mac.png (117.6 KB, 319 views)
Old 01-26-2024, 04:32 PM   #3062
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pph View Post
@heda : how to change the height of the correlation and direction meters? i'm on a retina mac and both appear vertically squeezed.
this must be a bug when using retina.
but you could try there is a setting "Panning histogram height" by default it is at 25, you could try to set it at 50 or more

Quote:
is there a way to update the lufs-numbers above the lufs-meters in TI2 when reaper's playback is stopped?
I don't know why, the cockos loudness plugin doesn't seeem to calculate the LUFS-I when stopped. maybe using dpmeter instead of cockos plugin but I can't remember now.

Quote:
@heda : with the option "use REAPER meters" the auto-fader problem is gone, but then the LUFS meter in TI2 is not operating. any suggestions?
When using REAPER meters you can use LUFS-S and LUFS-M modes of the track meters, instead of multichannel peaks, but not LUFS-I
Old 01-26-2024, 04:38 PM   #3063
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by daounandout View Post
It's a great tool, I'm surprised more people aren't creating panels like this because it solves the problem of Reaper's terrible toolbar customisation. Reaper can do custom icons, but arranging them the way you want is a nightmare, and the native text rendering is diabolical haha. Your system is very customisable. There is a small 'bug' I noticed though. When reordering the buttons, you can only send a button backwards in the order, not forwards. If you go too far back by accident, it becomes a case of having to send the later buttons back behind it, or just removing it and recreating it. Other than that, it's great!
thanks. I'll try to improve and fix.

I forgot that I have a script specifically to just use it to replace toolbars. But I didn't finish it. I thought REAPER 7 would improve the toolbars system so I decided to stop developing the script. But REAPER 7 didn't improve toolbars much. Maybe I take a look at it again.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:27 AM   #3064
daounandout

Quote:
thanks. I'll try to improve and fix.

I forgot that I have a script specifically to just use it to replace toolbars. But I didn't finish it. I thought REAPER 7 would improve the toolbars system so I decided to stop developing the script. But REAPER 7 didn't improve toolbars much. Maybe I take a look at it again.

That would be totally magical! It would transform Reaper completely. Then docked stuff like mixer etc. can be toggled off without losing all these lovely buttons. Would it be a separate script, rather than part of TI2? Cos I noticed that TI2 introduces a slight hit to general performance speed (as the template we run is huge). So things like selecting tracks, opening FX UIs etc, they have a very small delay. I used to run two instances of TI2, but that doubled the hit to performance, so I keep everything in just one instance now.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:12 AM   #3065
heda

Quote:
That would be totally magical! It would transform Reaper completely. Then docked stuff like mixer etc. can be toggled off without losing all these lovely buttons. Would it be a separate script, rather than part of TI2? Cos I noticed that TI2 introduces a slight hit to general performance speed (as the template we run is huge). So things like selecting tracks, opening FX UIs etc, they have a very small delay. I used to run two instances of TI2, but that doubled the hit to performance, so I keep everything in just one instance now.
I don't know what can cause the delay. You can right click the top page buttons to enable/disable certain panels and then see which one is causing the delay. But I suspect it could be the tags panel? I don't notice this delay but my projects are not huge, it could be between 100 and 200 tracks.

The script I think it would be a separate script. It was an addon for TI2, like an improved Custom Panel. The problem is that there was only one panel, and it is not finished yet. I'll put a gif. I need to modify TI to allow different instances of the panel, each one with different buttons for example.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:12 PM   #3066
pph

hi heda,

Quote:
this must be a bug when using retina.
but you could try there is a setting "Panning histogram height" by default it is at 25, you could try to set it at 50 or more
the panning histogram height settings works pretty well. is there also an option to change the height of the correlation meters underneath the panning histogram?
Old 02-05-2024, 03:10 AM   #3067
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pph View Post
hi heda,

the panning histogram height settings works pretty well. is there also an option to change the height of the correlation meters underneath the panning histogram?
oh I see there is an option for it, "correlation_meter_height"
but I forgot to add it to the settings page UI. so it can only be changed editing the settings file.

updated:
* v2.3.11 (2024-02-05)
# fix in panning histogram and correlation meter with retina scale.
+ Settings: added correlation meter height setting

Last edited by heda; 02-05-2024 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:58 AM   #3068
timzibrat

Hi Hector.

I am just curious if you abandoned the discord server? There were a few questions and requests there and no reply, so I got a bit worried, but I can see that you are active here. No judgment, just curious if it's better to move to the forum to interact with you.

Thanks
timzibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:22 PM   #3069
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzibrat View Post
Hi Hector.

I am just curious if you abandoned the discord server? There were a few questions and requests there and no reply, so I got a bit worried, but I can see that you are active here. No judgment, just curious if it's better to move to the forum to interact with you.

Thanks
the discord is still there yes, but I keep forgetting to enter there. I'll go there. I think the forum is always the main way to communicate and support because not everybody is on discord.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:13 AM   #3070
heda

Default v2.3.12 (2024-02-15)

I am finishing a PDF help guide for Track Inspector 2 and I've noticed some bugs and things to improve. So here it is an update. The PDF guide will be included in next update.

* v2.3.12 (2024-02-15)
# FX chain panel: FX plugin buttons width adjusted to panel width.
+ Sends panel: Added number of channels for Main send.
# Sends panel: fix channel offset display
+ Meters panel menu: Show RMS window button.
+ Meters panel menu: Show PRE-FX button.
+ Meters panel menu: Show PFX button.
+ support finding CLAP plugins in frozen plugins list.
+ Tags panel: Added to panel menu: Zoom to fit vertically after tag isolating TCP visibility
+ Tags panel: fix tags presets font size
# General panel: fixes in hide others (Rmb persistant mode)
# General panel: fix set number of channels works for multiple selected tracks
# General panel: fix lock track controls for multiple selected tracks
# some global optimizations and small bug fixes
Old 03-01-2024, 01:08 PM   #3071
heda

Quote:
Hi heda!

I've been making so much use of the custom buttons function in TI2 to create an interface that controls my whole template. It's a total game-changer, I love it!

There's a couple of features that would be so handy to make this even better, I wonder if you could consider these:

1) Could buttons for actions that have toggle states show the on/off state using the same icon system as the native Reaper toolbar buttons? Currently, it displays the left 3rd of the 3-panel icon files, but it doesn't show as "on" when the toggle is activated. Not sure if this is possible without causing some slowdown or performance issues.

2) Could we enable mouse modifiers on buttons? So, a normal click would run one action, shift-click would run another, cmd-click, another and so on.

As always, thanks for your amazing work
finally did a new script for this.
It is a separate script for now but Track Inspector will be able to read the panels and integrate the ones you want into a TI panel.

there are still missing features but you can check it out here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=288897
Old 03-18-2024, 09:20 AM   #3072
hoangmytr

Default Adjust multiple sends of selected tracks

Today, I have some needs adjusting multiple sends of ,say about 6 tracks, at the same time but have no luck at all.

I'm using TI 2.3.12 in Reaper 7.11. As I remember correctly, TI can do it easily in Reaper 6. But now I can't do it anymore. Do I miss somethings here?
hoangmytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:19 AM   #3073
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangmytr View Post
Today, I have some needs adjusting multiple sends of ,say about 6 tracks, at the same time but have no luck at all.

I'm using TI 2.3.12 in Reaper 7.11. As I remember correctly, TI can do it easily in Reaper 6. But now I can't do it anymore. Do I miss somethings here?
I'm not sure. I can CTRL click on the sends and select multiple sends and then adjust them. Maybe I need to improve that part. but REAPER 6 or 7 should be the same.
Old 03-20-2024, 04:21 AM   #3074
heda

Default v2.3.13 (2024-03-20)

small update for multichannel sends to switch between stereo and multichannel workflow, when creating sends, or adjusting them.
and added a few more special tags,

* v2.3.13 (2024-03-20)
+ stereo/multi-channel buttons for sends.
+ SpecialTag (NoRouting) Tracks without sends/receives
+ SpecialTag (NoFX) Tracks that don't have FX
+ SpecialTag (MultiChannel) Tracks with more than 2 channels
Old 03-25-2024, 09:39 AM   #3075
vsthem

Is there anyway to isolate and vertically zoom to the track tags on the TCP? For instance, select the strings tag, and have only the strings be visible, and enlarge them to fill your vertical space?
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:09 AM   #3076
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
Is there anyway to isolate and vertically zoom to the track tags on the TCP? For instance, select the strings tag, and have only the strings be visible, and enlarge them to fill your vertical space?
yes. in the tags panel menu, enable the Zoom to fit after TCP visibility isolation., and then isolate a tag by CTRL+click in the TCP column visibility. I think it would be more intuitive, at least to have an option to isolate TCP the tag when clicking on the tag name, instead of selecting the first track with the tag.
Or you can always generate the actions for the tags, and then assign shortcuts to isolate tag actions.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:42 PM   #3077
hans

Hi Heda!

I can't clear the latch of adjustments i make in Track inspector while in Latch preview.
I pretty much always stay in preview and always like to be able to clear the latch after written automation or if i just want to discard the change.

If it sounds like something you could add a fix for later on, that'd be great!

hans is offline   Reply With Quote