Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #1
JimmyF
Human being with feelings

Default PreSonus ioStation 24c with Reaper

Hey Guys. Anyone been able to get the ioStation 24c to work with all it's features with the Reaper DAW? Windows 10. Nothing really on it on the Reaper forums.

I'm able to get some of the basic transport stuff going (record-play-rewind-volume). But can not get any of the buttons nor the jog wheel to do anything at all. As far as the control surface options in Reaper, tried the following with zero luck - Mackie Control Extender, Mackie Control Universal, PreSonus Fader Port, PresSonus Fader Port v2 (2018).

Also, have the unit set up for 24 bit @ 96khz, Reaper set up the same. Clicking like crazy. Is there .dll to retrieve somewhere? I'm finding zero stuff any forums for this device.

Thanks for anything you can send my way!

Jimmy
JimmyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
mschnell

Welcome to the Reaper Forums !

The "Control Surfaces" subforum is the place to discuss such issues.

Supposedly the "CSI" Reaper extension is your best bet to define a control workflow that fits your needs.

Regarding audio: I suppose additionally to a midi device for the Control Surface features the thing should install driver for audio I/O (ASIO on Windows).

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:12 PM   #3
abdallahharati

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyF View Post
Hey Guys. Anyone been able to get the ioStation 24c to work with all it's features with the Reaper DAW? Windows 10. Nothing really on it on the Reaper forums.

I'm able to get some of the basic transport stuff going (record-play-rewind-volume). But can not get any of the buttons nor the jog wheel to do anything at all. As far as the control surface options in Reaper, tried the following with zero luck - Mackie Control Extender, Mackie Control Universal, PreSonus Fader Port, PresSonus Fader Port v2 (2018).

Also, have the unit set up for 24 bit @ 96khz, Reaper set up the same. Clicking like crazy. Is there .dll to retrieve somewhere? I'm finding zero stuff any forums for this device.

Thanks for anything you can send my way!

Jimmy
Hi!

I have similar issues, although the setup for 24 bits and 48khz (sorry, not using 96khz) is going well. By the way, lots of sound quality improvement from my previous Focusrite 2i2.

The frustrating part is not to be able to use all buttons and to the maximum extension. I’ve browsed and searched everywhere, including Faderport, but not luck. Even worse that I’m in OSX environment.

Anyone?

Thanks, Abdallah
abdallahharati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:56 PM   #4
Venn

The 24c only provides basic transport, fader adjustment, pan, and track selection using FP2 mode in Reaper.

Tried it with the open-source DAW Ardour and everything worked. Everything. All of it. Right out of the box.

That's embarrassing.
Venn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:02 PM   #5
mschnell

Seemingly somebody in the Ardour community loves the 24c
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote