Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #1
PicardDD
Human being with feelings

Default Export from Reaper in AmbiX B-Format

Hi all, i’m quite new to Reaper and need some help.
I have recorded some 360 videos and with the Zoom H2n some takes in AmbiX B-format. After editing the videos and audios in Premiere i want to do some more processing on the AmbiX tracks with Ambisonic Tool Kit in Reaper. I have exported the audio tracks from Premiere separately and imported them into Reaper. Every AmbiX track has the ATK FOA Encode AmbiXtoB plugin and the ATK FOA Transform FocusPressPushZoom plugin for further processing.
When exporting using the ATK FOA Decode BtoAmbiX plugin on the master track, the channel order of the rendered file seems to be correct (like the sources the 3rd track has no audio because the H2n records no audio on the vertical axis). But when i check the exported file again in Reaper, it sounds different in comparison to the mix of all the source AmbiX tracks together. So obviously i made a mistake.
My question is, how to export it correctly to get again a single AmbiX B-format track?
PicardDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:36 AM   #2
jrk
Human being with feelings

Is this something to do with the normalisation method? I think you can choose SN3D / N3D on the encoder /decoder.

Also, when you say
Quote:
check the exported file again in Reaper, it sounds different in comparison to the mix of all the source AmbiX
in what way? Shouldn't it?

Perhaps post some examples? Someone must know.