Old 02-13-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,621
Default Tarver Revisited and Funked up

Ok, I listened to the "more guitar" comments and asked a British bloke of mine if he could add some touches. He even came up with a different arrangement that I think blows my original away. So here's the funked up version. English guys got soul!

Graham Exton: Bass (I think it's even a fretless), Guitar, and new synth parts.
Me: all else and "remix."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5y4nm51va...erRev.wav?dl=0
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
Jorgen
Human being with feelings
 
Jorgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 5,109
Default

I gave the two versions a spin. I didn't miss anything in the first one and I still don't. The song in itself is more readily present, as it were. In your second version there's more music and production and playing going on, which naturally was what you aimed for. More exciting to listen to, especially when it's your own song/production and you know it inside out. Been there, done that.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
msundh
Human being with feelings
 
msundh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,501
Default

It's almost two different songs!
I like the new one much better. Agree with almost all Jorgen said.

One thought..
I would like the first version to go 'unplugged'.
Replace the synth drums with wood stick and cow bells and really go the opposite way than the new version.
__________________
Win10 64bit, Core i7 16GB, Focurite 18i8, Schecter Telecaster, Fender Japan Squire Stratocaster, Yamaha AC3R
https://soundcloud.com/mikaelsundh
msundh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
azimuth
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The place that's round on the ends and high in the middle
Posts: 178
Default

I like it Sammy and the added guitar is along the lines of what I was thinking of. I do miss that synth bass line though.
azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #5
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
I gave the two versions a spin. I didn't miss anything in the first one and I still don't. The song in itself is more readily present, as it were. In your second version there's more music and production and playing going on, which naturally was what you aimed for. More exciting to listen to, especially when it's your own song/production and you know it inside out. Been there, done that.
Yeah, I just went crazy, maybe too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundh View Post
It's almost two different songs!
I like the new one much better. Agree with almost all Jorgen said.

One thought..
I would like the first version to go 'unplugged'.
Replace the synth drums with wood stick and cow bells and really go the opposite way than the new version.
I like the groove of this one better, but the *sound* of the old one better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
I like it Sammy and the added guitar is along the lines of what I was thinking of. I do miss that synth bass line though.
I left that out because I think this one is already a bit too crowded. Did it too fast.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
Herr Nox
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 36
Default

Man I love that song. This could easily be on a Bowie album.
__________________
BANDCAMP | YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK
Herr Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Nox View Post
Man I love that song. This could easily be on a Bowie album.
Thanks Herr. I think my buddy Graham really spiced it up. Still, I should have removed more of my old parts (if you heard the prev version).
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.