Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-02-2017, 05:29 AM   #1
CawawaC
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt routing and automatic track names

Hi,

I have a great, massively time-saving idea, but I don't know if it is feasible. When writing music using Kontakt, a stupid amount of time is spent on renaming tracks within Reaper.

Would it be possible to make a script that would rename tracks automatically according to the Kontakt channel they are sent to or that they receive from ? What I mean is, for example, there's a double bass instrument in Kontakt, named "Double bass". Could Reaper get that name ? Another option is to get the name of an output channel. Ideally, the first one is applied to the MIDI track sent to Kontakt, while the second one is for the audio track which receives from Kontakt.

Can anyone with Reaper and/or Kontakt scripting knowledge tell if such a thing is possible ?
CawawaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
EvilDragon

There are already multiple track renaming actions available in SWS extensions.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:07 AM   #3
heda

I don't think there is a way to rename racks based on the kontakt instrument. but you can manually do it once and then I recommend to create your track templates, with all the names, routing etc, and then always use them to insert the tracks afterwards.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote