Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-26-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
louemjo65
Human being with feelings

Default why wont reaper save my presets?

Randomly Reaper loses all my presets/sounds when reloading a project despite saving correctly before closing Reaper down.

This is really frustrating and I have spent hours literally having to rewrite my projects.

Some advice I had was to try to save my presets? But I can't find how to do this on the forum or via any other enquiry.

Please please help! I am losing my confidence in using Reaper ;-(
louemjo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
EvilDragon

Which plugins are in question?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Which plugins are in question?
Yes, this is a very important question. Some plugins in "demo mode" (unregistered/shareware) won't allow saving or recalling of presets. Some other plugins have bugs which prevent that functionality.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
vdubreeze

I was JUST about to post this same thing : ) I can be specific: I just set up a project to record a band at a club where I put an MGA JS limiter on every track with a saved default setting which simply protects from overs. Got there and every track still had the input fx inserted but every track had defaulted to "no preset" : ( On 5.34, MBP, 10.11.6. I tested it with Toneboosters Reelbus and it remembered the default preset. Tried with another random JS (wish I could remember) and it reverted to "no preset" when reopened. Note that this isn't just a preset saved and left there, it's a preset set as the fx default and left there. No issues of demo modes.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
louemjo65

Thank you all three for posting replies.
You are right to ask what VSTI's I use....they are all shareware. Eg: TAL Bassline, Protoplasm, EVM Bassline, Knork etc.
So, James, you may be right, however it is confusing as my projects sometimes save absolutely fine, and sometimes I lose all the presets? Why would this be?
Thanks!
louemjo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:27 AM   #6
JeffreyET

I've never had that issue. The only VST's I use now outside of REA & JS bundles are EZD1, Freeverb, Dexed, Limiter 6 (only for mastering), Thrillseeker comp (kick, snare, bass), AZR3, 1 or 2 Poulon amps, and Serenity Free (which can be a little buggy). All freeware. The only preset issue I have now (ironically) is with REAPER's own render preset menu. Haven't figured it out...
Old 03-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #7
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by louemjo65 View Post
Thank you all three for posting replies.
You are right to ask what VSTI's I use....they are all shareware. Eg: TAL Bassline, Protoplasm, EVM Bassline, Knork etc.
So, James, you may be right, however it is confusing as my projects sometimes save absolutely fine, and sometimes I lose all the presets? Why would this be?
Thanks!
I can't say. All I'm saying is that maybe the plugins are playing a significant part in this, since it's not a known problem in Reaper (as of yet anyway). Perhaps start figuring out which plugins this is happening with; keep a list. Go from there.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote