Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default QjackCtrl Scripts

So I'm wondering if people are using QjackCtrl as the startup for their DAW. The only way I've been able to get my second M-Audio 2496 to work with REAPER has been to fire up zita-a2j after jack has been started, but before REAPER gets started. I figgered out how to write a .sh script and make it executable, so I put these commands in my script and set the "Execute script after startup" box in QjackCtrl to execute it once it has jack up and running.

a2jmidid -e &
sleep .5
zita-a2j -d hw:3 &
sleep .5
~/.local/share/reaper_linux_x86_64/REAPER/reaper &

I had to also create a patchbay setup that loads in QjackCtrl along with everything else that's going on. It seems to work. Starting it all up only requires clicking on QjackCtrl, but closing it all back down involves closing REAPER, then hitting STOP on QjackCtrl then hitting QUIT on QjackCtrl. Not a huge deal, but it feels a bit clumsy to me.

I was using a single command line in REAPER to start jack and enable midi, which was nice and clean, but I have no idea how in one command line to make all that happen PLUS make my second card accessible.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote