Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 07-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #361
mpl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
Hi mpl, this is a bug report. I am posting here because of the script has no dedicated thread and your Telegram link does not work for me.
It is a script by spk77, not mine

EDIT: although if you open script in editor it shows this
Quote:
-- Lua script by X-Raym, casrya and SPK77 (23-Aug-2015)
Old 07-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #362
bFooz

Sorry, you're right.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #363
DANIELE

Hi MPL, I'm trying to play with the script "Save selected tracks FX chains" but I don't understand where FX Chains should be saved.

Based on what I understand from a previous post, if I do it in an unsaved project they should be saved in REAPER/FXChains folder, but I don't find them there.

Could you explain this to me? Thank you.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #364
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELE View Post
Hi MPL, I'm trying to play with the script "Save selected tracks FX chains" but I don't understand where FX Chains should be saved.

Based on what I understand from a previous post, if I do it in an unsaved project they should be saved in REAPER/FXChains folder, but I don't find them there.

Could you explain this to me? Thank you.
It seems you don't have latest version, it ask for directory to save.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #365
DANIELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
It seems you don't have latest version, it ask for directory to save.
I downloaded and installed it from reapack. V 1.05

It doesn't ask me anything...
Old 07-04-2019, 08:48 AM   #366
mpl

Quote:
I downloaded and installed it from reapack. V 1.05

It doesn't ask me anything...
It does work here on windows.
Doesn`t tested on mac though.
It also require JS API extension to be installed.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #367
DANIELE

Quote:
It does work here on windows.
Doesn`t tested on mac though.
It also require JS API extension to be installed.

This is the strange thing, I'm on Windows, I have the JS API extension installed, I reinstalled it many times but it keeps not working.

I had an old version installed and I uninstalled it before installing this, I also had "Save all tracks FX Chains" and this was working. Then I did an update of Reapack and it marked it as obsolete, then I deleted it.

I don't know why this doesn't do anything, I click on RUN and nothing happens.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #368
mpl

Old "Save all tracks FX Chains" is 1) affect all tracks, not only selected; 2) bad design internally. So I mark it obsolete. Actually every thing marked obsolete is not recommended to use for various reasons.

I made some fixes, it is probably related to loading script configuration. Try 1.06.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:32 PM   #369
DANIELE

Quote:
Old "Save all tracks FX Chains" is 1) affect all tracks, not only selected; 2) bad design internally. So I mark it obsolete. Actually every thing marked obsolete is not recommended to use for various reasons.

I made some fixes, it is probably related to loading script configuration. Try 1.06.

Yeah, I thinked about it, no complaints. I now it did on every tracks, I was saying this only to bring to your attention that this old script was working as expected, at least from my point of view.

Thank you for the update, I'll try it out this evening after work and I'll let you know.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:43 AM   #370
sonicowl

Hi, mpl.
For RS5K manager, is there a shortcut/action to copy selected pad to next, with +1 note start/end?
I know it is easy to do it with Ctrl+drag pad to next pad. But in some cases (only one hand free) it would be faster/easier to use custom key/button/midi action to do this.
Would you consider adding such action please? Thank you.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:36 AM   #371
Phazma

Hi mpl,

I use your script 'Add send to selected tracks' a lot. Is it possible to set up that the new receive track does not appear at the bottom of the track list but right below the send track?
Also can I somehow disable that it prompts me to add a prefix* and suffix* for the new track? I would prefer it just creating the receive track with the same name as the send track (or maybe something generic like "Send 1").. if not possible I could also live with it just asking for a prefix as I probably will rename it anyway but I see no point in adding a suffix.

* Am I right that prefix/suffix has no function other than naming the track?
Phazma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:18 AM   #372
Tiggerdyret

Hey,
I hope it's alright, that I post this here as you say you are open to request. I have this idea for a script that automatically find a tempo and quantize midi drums, so you won't have to stick to a metronome when playing live. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=222834
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #373
barbaroja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Hi mpl,

I use your script 'Add send to selected tracks' a lot. Is it possible to set up that the new receive track does not appear at the bottom of the track list but right below the send track?
Also can I somehow disable that it prompts me to add a prefix* and suffix* for the new track? I would prefer it just creating the receive track with the same name as the send track (or maybe something generic like "Send 1").. if not possible I could also live with it just asking for a prefix as I probably will rename it anyway but I see no point in adding a suffix.

This.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #374
Phazma

Quote:
Hi mpl,

For those who are interested in the same changes... I know nothing about scripting but out of curiosity I opened the script to see if I might understand something and try to mess with it. And I actually managed to get rid of the prefix and suffix prompts and even to name the receive after the send track.

What I did was simply deleting the following lines:
local retval, pref = reaper.GetUserInputs( 'Set send prefix', 1, '' ,'')
local retval1, suff = reaper.GetUserInputs( 'Set send suffix', 1, '' ,'')
if retval or retval1 then

If you want to name your track after the sending track go to the line where it says
new_name =
and delete everything that follows on that line and just leave src_name without any . or '

If instead you want to give all receives you create a predefined name like for example "Receive" just write 'Receive' after the =

What I tried but didn't manage to do is make it call the new track "Receive src_track" (src_track being the name of the sending track).

Sadly I didn't manage to have Reaper insert the receive directly under the send, looks like that already involves some knowledge about lua.

Ultimately I repeat: I know NOTHING about scripting, so if you try what I have described do it AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #375
DANIELE

Quote:
Yeah, I thinked about it, no complaints. I now it did on every tracks, I was saying this only to bring to your attention that this old script was working as expected, at least from my point of view.

Thank you for the update, I'll try it out this evening after work and I'll let you know.

Sorry for the delay MPL, the v 1.06 doesn't work as the previous one. For instance there's a similar SWS action that do pretty much the same thing and it works if this could be of any help to you.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:36 PM   #376
Alez156

Default Bug: Set MIDI Editor grid (mousewheel).lua

Hello, MPL!!

No idea how this happened. It doesn't happen in a fresh REAPER install. (Using REAPER 5.980 on Mac 10.14.1)

I always use your script: "Script: mpl_Set MIDI Editor grid (mousewheel).lua" - it used to work great!

But it is now changing my mode to Swing and making it 0%. So if I had some swing settings it will overwrite it. Make it 0% and change it to Swing mode every time I use your script.

No idea what's going on - I love this script and it speeds up my workflow so much. Any ideas?

Here's a gif:
https://cl.ly/a0ca189c4040

EDIT: I started a new project and it no longer happens! I had to migrate the whole project to a new one haha. Very strange!
Anyways, love your scripts. thank you so much for making such awesome stuff!

Last edited by Alez156; 07-18-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Alez156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:26 PM   #377
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alez156 View Post
Hello, MPL!!

No idea how this happened. It doesn't happen in a fresh REAPER install. (Using REAPER 5.980 on Mac 10.14.1)

I always use your script: "Script: mpl_Set MIDI Editor grid (mousewheel).lua" - it used to work great!

But it is now changing my mode to Swing and making it 0%. So if I had some swing settings it will overwrite it. Make it 0% and change it to Swing mode every time I use your script.

No idea what's going on - I love this script and it speeds up my workflow so much. Any ideas?

Here's a gif:
https://cl.ly/a0ca189c4040

EDIT: I started a new project and it no longer happens! I had to migrate the whole project to a new one haha. Very strange!
Anyways, love your scripts. thank you so much for making such awesome stuff!
AFAIK it is not possible to set MIDI editor grid (and type) from API, so it is ReaScript limitation I guess easy solvable on Cockos side.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #378
mpl

Quote:
Sorry for the delay MPL, the v 1.06 doesn't work as the previous one. For instance there's a similar SWS action that do pretty much the same thing and it works if this could be of any help to you.
Use SWS then?
Old 07-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #379
DANIELE

Quote:
Use SWS then?

I do but I think it could be useful to give this information to you. Maybe you could need it for other purposes or scripts, your script should works...well, thank you.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #380
strachupl

Hi mpl.
I was interested to find a way to set mouse modifier by script and I found:
Code:
Script: mpl_Set default mouse modifier action for media item left click to [Split item at mouse cursor].lua

So I have no idea about scripts and lua commands.
I see that when I change action code I can modify it but always when I click media item the edit cursor is moving also. Is there a way to avoid edit cursor moves?
p.s Reaper unfortunately have tendency to move cursor whatever you do

I did custom action:
store cursor
do action
recall cursor but damn cursor still moving

It looks like clicking item have some default bahaviour to move this cursor at the end. Also tricky when you set to no action still item gets selected.

Last edited by strachupl; 07-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:45 PM   #381
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
always when I click media item the edit cursor is moving also. Is there a way to avoid edit cursor moves?
No, it is up to REAPER developers.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:55 PM   #382
mpl

Quote:
Hi mpl,

Code:
  local defsendvol = ({reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString( 'REAPER', 'defsendvol', '0',  reaper.get_ini_file() )})[2]
  local defsendflag = ({reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString( 'REAPER', 'defsendflag', '0',  reaper.get_ini_file() )})[2]

function main()
      for i = 1, reaper.CountSelectedTracks(0) do
        local tr = reaper.GetSelectedTrack(0,i-1)
        if tr then 

track_col =  reaper.GetTrackColor( tr )
          _, src_name = reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String( tr, 'P_NAME', '',false )
          reaper.InsertTrackAtIndex( reaper.CSurf_TrackToID( tr, false ), true )
          new_dest_tr =  reaper.CSurf_TrackFromID( reaper.CSurf_TrackToID( tr, false )+1, false )

new_send_id = reaper.CreateTrackSend( tr, new_dest_tr)
          if new_send_id >= 0 then
            new_name = src_name..' Send 1'
            if new_dest_tr then
              reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String( new_dest_tr, 'P_NAME', new_name ,true)
              reaper.SetTrackSendInfo_Value( tr, 0, new_send_id, 'D_VOL', defsendvol)
              reaper.SetTrackSendInfo_Value( tr, 0, new_send_id, 'I_SENDMODE', defsendflag)
            end
          end
        end
    end
      reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows( false )
  end

main()
Old Yesterday, 06:14 AM   #383
Phazma

Thank you a lot for the modifications!
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #384
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
I see that when I change action code I can modify it but always when I click media item the edit cursor is moving also. Is there a way to avoid edit cursor moves?
p.s Reaper unfortunately have tendency to move cursor whatever you do
Preferences: Editing behavior

There are some settings on the main page you might want to change. (Some can be toggled with actions too.)

Also while there: under Mouse modifiers, change behavior of "context: media item" "left click". Alter "default action" to "select item" instead of "select item and move edit cursor".