Old 10-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #81
daxliniere
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunker View Post
...otherwise we would all hear the kick everytime sidechaining in this manner.
Do you have speakers connected to your 3+4 outputs..?
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #82
mpl

I still didn`t found a way to connect plugins properly, because it require kind of smart linking (or hard limitations, like '31 wires per chain').

Example:
you drag new wire from bottom pin from FX 1 to top pin of FX 3 in WiredChain.
Expectation:
signal from FX 1 left channel out goes to FX 3 right channel in
Reality:
  • scenario1: set FX1pin2out to channel 1, set FX3pin1in to channel 1, erase any pin in FX2pin sending channel1 (scenario2: or leave/merge it)
  • scenario3: set FX1pin2out to channel 2, set FX3pin1in to channel 2, erase any pin in FX2pin sending channel2 (scenario4: or leave/merge it)
  • scenario5: set FX1pin2out to any free unused channel, set FX3pin1in any unused channel (scenario6: merge it with any incoming stuff from other channels)
Old 10-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #83
The Bunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
One of reasons I built WiredChain is to show signal flow as it is in real life.
In the pic you attached the real signal flow going through ReaComp (channels 3/4) to output is hidden in script GUI, because there is no way to directly overview that using Reaper API (I did it via various relatively complex signal flow checking code snippets).
Prove:
1) create multichannel send from track with chain like this to another 4-channel track
2) insert multichannel analyzer or just see mixer levels at destination 4-channel track

Correct me if I`m wrong.

It shouldn`t be heard if you don`t use multichannel send.
Hmmm I'm really confused by this...

If the signal coming in is being "connected" to the output of the channel then its output should be heard. I am not sure where the multi channel send is coming into play here, the send would be before all of this on the sending track and not on the track with the sidechained compressor on it... or do you mean like a multi channel master output rather than your typical stereo master output???
The Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:08 PM   #84
mpl

Multichannel output.
In WiredChain you have an options to hide 3+ outputs or track in to out direct links, so you don't have to mess with things like that visually.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #85
The Bunker

Quote:
Multichannel output.
In WiredChain you have an options to hide 3+ outputs or track in to out direct links, so you don't have to mess with things like that visually.
Oh ok... how do I do this? Sorry if all these questions seem a bit elementary but I am really confused by what actually is going on in Reaper's routing when things like multi-channel tracks and side-chaining are being utilised.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #86
mpl

See a menu by ">" button.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #87
The Bunker

Quote:
See a menu by ">" button.
aaah perfect that did the trcik. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:13 AM   #88
Naquela

hi

i like to change the default Y position for to the effects,

the logic here is to create a default position for x,y that i like and use it by default .

it will be nice if the size(x) of the effect can be changed, and the distance
in between them .this way i can see more effects if i decrease the size ,

If you can tell me where is the variable in the code i think i can change it.

Lots of thanks.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #89
Travesty

Nice work.

I found an issue

- add 3 plugins to a chain
- disable all of them
- enable the last one

The last plugin will now think it is in a solo state

- unsolo the last plugin

All of the chain now becomes enabled

It would be better if the solo mode was determined by the user, rather than being derived from the number of enabled plugins
It would also be good if the script could remember the enable state of the non solo'd plugins while solo is active, otherwise solo always results in a loss of this information.

Thanks
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #90
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Nice work.

I found an issue

- add 3 plugins to a chain
- disable all of them
- enable the last one

The last plugin will now think it is in a solo state
This is by design since plugin itself doest have "solo" state, it can be only bypassed (aka muted), solo state is auto set if single plugin enabled in the chain.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 AM   #91
Travesty

Quote:
This is by design since plugin itself doest have "solo" state, it can be only bypassed (aka muted), solo state is auto set if single plugin enabled in the chain.
Cool, but would it not be possible to store the states of all plugins on the track when solo is pressed, or would that take too much resource, or cause too much complexity?
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #92
venman

I really hoped to use this for complex parallel routing (otherwise why would I need a separate plugin for serial processing?) but this gif from above is I exactly what I get and it makes the plugin completely unusable:

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...c8d515aaca.gif

It also breaks connections that I am OK with! Whyyyyy? So much hope and my heart is completely broken just like these connections.

I must mention that I don't know how complex routing works in Reaper (that's why I need such plugin) and I am almost sure it is Reaper's fault.. But I just don't get why would anyone need such a plugin then (no offence, I use your other awesome plugins).

What I was hoping to see is similar to how predictible connections behave in other modular environments, such as Reaktor, Minihost Modular, Bidule, etc. If you delete a module, its connections are alse deleted, but all other are left alone. If you drag a connection to the pin, and if there is a connection there already, it may (or may not - then it is summed) be deleted, but no other connections get broken.

Please, please, tell me I am missing something!
venman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #93
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by venman View Post
I really hoped to use this for complex parallel routing (otherwise why would I need a separate plugin for serial processing?) but this gif from above is I exactly what I get and it makes the plugin completely unusable:

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...c8d515aaca.gif

It also breaks connections that I am OK with! Whyyyyy? So much hope and my heart is completely broken just like these connections.

I must mention that I don't know how complex routing works in Reaper (that's why I need such plugin) and I am almost sure it is Reaper's fault.. But I just don't get why would anyone need such a plugin then (no offence, I use your other awesome plugins).

What I was hoping to see is similar to how predictible connections behave in other modular environments, such as Reaktor, Minihost Modular, Bidule, etc. If you delete a module, its connections are alse deleted, but all other are left alone. If you drag a connection to the pin, and if there is a connection there already, it may (or may not - then it is summed) be deleted, but no other connections get broken.

Please, please, tell me I am missing something!
You probably missed how complex REAPER routing is and how it works. Even this tool can`t work completely "right" as I tried to design it when started. The are couple of conditions (aka limitations) here, so you cant just drop wires whatever you want even with some sort of "smart" scheme I built. This script seems to need complete rebuilt, but again - anyway there some conditions that makes impossible to built such stuff natively without custom JSFX.