Old 02-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
jesussaddle
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Major Crash - How To Restore

A few days ago I did a "restore defaults". There were a few minor changes, but my theme was still there, and the main thing I noticed was that the state of hotkeys and actions seemed to return to default. Sort of what I intended. I backed this up as a config file. I worked some, and left, and reloaded Reaper again, and left..

Then today, Reaper abruptly decided to recheck my plugins upon loading. Then it loaded a totally default state.

But I did do a config backup prior to doing the restore defaults, after a couple of basic changes. I tried to load it just now. When I didn't see it in the folder, I panicked. But it was a zip, so that allowed me to load it. (I'll need to figure out why it got saved so it is not seen as a normal config zip file - a separate issue.) But that gave me even worse news..

Please, if you have a moment...

For some reason, instead of the backup I am expecting, when I load this zip file I just saved 2 days ago, it returns me to the completely default state (that would be the default that I had asked for 3 days ago...), that I was never in when I backed up my config file...

Is there no way to recover my state from prior to this?

Does anyone know where my backup config would be?

Last edited by jesussaddle; 02-20-2018 at 01:35 PM.
jesussaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
SoulOne82

You can import a configuration via REAPERs preferences.

SoulOne82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
uncleswede

Hi.

If your backup is a *.ReaperConfigZip file then you can import it ... Options, Preferences, General, Import Configuration.
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
jesussaddle

I think I have to start from scratch, lol. My config file that I thought should have matched the state of reaper at the time, somehow is just a default config, even though it is the only config file that I created at that date/time. I can't figure out why this is what is in the config file, but it must have to do with my having selected "restore defaults" a couple of days ago - I guess there was a glitch, and "restore defaults" was in a queue state somehow, and triggered this morning; whereas my config took that config data two days ago, without my Reaper displaying/entering that default state?? It is really weird and doesn't add up, right?
jesussaddle is offline   Reply With Quote