Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 06-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #481
Javier Robledo
Human being with feelings

Of course ¡¡¡

I just was repeating what you said about have more often template updates.

Javier Robledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #482
Mr. Data

Hi,

Had a closer look into the VBK error that doesn't let us assign all notes as center note when in whatever langpack the note name is right clicked.

This error does not occur if at least one note name string for a sharp (black key) ends with an '#', it seems.
Second condition that seems to be important, is probably that the note name strings mustn't be longer than two characters.
So, although
Code:
D85BEB186B426AD1=Sol#
ends with an '#', it won't work (correctly), since it has 4 chars.

I don't know exactly, which conditions must be met categorically, but if note name strings aren't longer than 2 chars and sharps end with '#', it works (at least in the German langpack).

This, however, doesn't reflect note names in other languages than English in all cases.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 06-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #483
Mr. Data

Hi Justin,

By trying to keep localization in current state of REAPER development I encountered a few issues. Some of them are not really connected to localization, but as we're at it right now, I'll mention them anyway.

It's quite a lot of stuff, but since we're heading towards REAPER v6, I'd like to remind you of issues of which some of them exist a long time now.

So here goes:
  • In conjunction with the issue concerning center note naming in the virtual MIDI keyboard, mentioned in previous posts, there is something else that isn't quite right. We have the opportunity to enter notes in vkb via the computer keyboard and as it is shown in the screenshot, the idea behind this is, that you have a continuous follow-up layout of notes. But this applies only when using a computer keyboard with US layout (QWERTY). In other countries these layouts may differ.

Here you can see that you can input notes from C2 to D#4 on the computer keyboard.
    But: using a German layed out keyboard (QWERTZ), keys do what they're shown in the pic. Will say: 'Z' still plays C2 and 'Y' plays A3. But these keys are exchanged on German keyboards. So playing notes after each other in a row on a US keyboard, you'd play C2, C#2, D2, D#2 ... G3, G#3, A3, A#3 ... all good, but when doing the same with a German keyboard you'd play A3, C#2, D2, D#2 ... G3, G#3, C2, A#3 ..., which means continuity is disturbed. This will probably occur on every keyboard not layed out in US style. Maybe the notes should be retrieved from the keyboard matrix, not letters and then the letters should be fetched from the matrix of the keyboard in use, to be displayed in the vkb window, if possible.

• In the FX browser, when 'FX chains' is selected, the word 'Chain' i.e. the entry 'Chain: %s' can't be translated.

• Still in the FX browser: When clicking on an item in the FX list and choosing 'Create shortcut...', and immediately close the dialog by clicking 'Cancel' without creating a shortcut at all, there still appears an additional menu item 'Delete shortcut' (and the menu item 'Edit shortcut...' is checked) although (by clicking 'Cancel') no shortcut has been assigned anyway. However: by choosing 'Delete shortcut' this menu item disappears, which would one expect. But it shouldn't be there in the first place, since no shortcut has been assigned at all and also 'Edit shortcut...' shouldn't be checked.
    (Sorry for mentioning this here as it seems to be not relevant to localizing at all. Shame on me!)

• In dialog 199 the dropdown menus for 'Show grid, line spacing:' and 'Grid snap spacing:' can't be translated. In German especially the word 'Measure' looks extremely weird. This applies also to the MIDI editor (dropdown menu 'Grid').

• In MIDI event list the term 'Key signature' can't be translated.

• [cpumeter]
    The strings 'Disk read:', 'Disk write:', 'cur/avg:' and 'range:' should have their values included for formatting reasons as it is e.g. in strings like '%sCPU: %.1lf%%\n' or 'Latency: %.0fms'. The reason is that in German values and units are separated by a space. In German it's not '100%', '500ms' or '24bit', but '100 %', '500 ms' or '24 Bit' (A few of those 'non-space' items are still in the renderq dialog.) A bit nitpicky, I know, but that's the way it is if we want to do it properly.
    Here's a look at the cpumeter:

And here an example of the table in the render dialog (427):

• As stated recently, the menu item that shows render timings can't be translated.

Here we have the same issue with missing spaces between values and the % character.

• If a project contains markers and/or regions, they can be listed fine in the context menu of the transport bar. If there is none of them, the menu item '<no project markers/regions>' can't be translated.

• The following works in main menu (Options -> Automation items), but not in the context menu for options of automation lanes.

• There is still the issue with the tooltips in the grouping matrix.

As you can see, it isn't quite feasible to have the settings of grouping just in one line, especially if these settings belong to a higher numbered group like e.g. 60 or so, since the tooltip undoubtedly will be truncated.

So to have the tooltip in a readable way and to avoid that it's truncated when shown in a higher numbered group, I've tried to put it into several lines.
    The problem is that the comma is either at the beginning of the line and the close bracked stands crestfallen and forlorn in the last line...

...or the open bracket stands sadly and alone in the second line but with the commas where they belong.

I found neither way to have acces to the comma nor to the brackets.
    Also the dark red arrow at the bottom of the tooltip is there to indicate that it (the tooltip) gets truncated if too many conditions are active.
    I'm aware that in most (if not all) cases it is pretty useless to define an element as master and slave at the same time, but even if it is, all these elements can be checked at the same time and thus shown in the tooltip. So it should be possible to show them all in the tooltip completely.
    Maybe master and slave settings should be mutual exclusive, but my insight into this is not deep enough to assess this.

• There is also an inconsistency in the way dates and times are displayed in different dialogs. For instance, looking at the undo history, these values are shown in a correct way in terms of date/time formatting in German...

...but when looking at the render cue dialog date/time format looks like this:

• In dialog 'Theme Development' dropdown menu(es) (more than 320 entries) can't be translated. (I know, you said this might be difficult).

• In the toolbar submenues the item 'Main toolbar' still can't be translated. (You said, this could be difficult as well.)

• Same goes for dialog 438, where the dropdown menu can't be translated.

• When exporting notation sheets, containing text, to .pdf, no umlauts and other characters, not used in English, will work.
    Original example:

PDF version:

However, XML version loaded into Musescore works:

• When selecting in the main menu item 'Help -> About REAPER', which in the German translation is shown (correctly) as 'Hilfe -> Über REAPER', the caption of the appearing dialog still shows 'About REAPER....' and the date (in this example) is shown as "(May 10 2019)" instead of "(20. Mai 2019)" or "(20.05.2019)".

While it is understandable that the caption of the main REAPER window shows the real license state, at least the dropdown in the dialog should be localizable. Maybe besides the option "Hide registered name from main titlebar" there could be an option like "Hide license type from main titlebar", which could be hidden with the exception of "EVALUATION LICENSE", of course.

• I'm still wondering, why this gap can't be used to display as much as possible of the undo string, at least if the information on the right hand side of the main menu bar allows this.

• All the strings in the command line at the bottom of JS-, ReaScript... editors as well as video processor can't be translated.

• Last not least I come to my absolute favorite.
    I proudly present: - - - The Crossfade Editor!
    This issue is in some way connected to localistion, because what you see next doesn't happen without it (IIRC).

It's a GIF that shows 2 frames; Frame 1 shows the crossfade editor when first time opened in a session, the second one shows it when subsequently opened.

When looking at this for a while you won't only notice that some entries can't be seen (frame 1) and that, no matter which '5CA1E' is used btw. the right hand side of the window is cut, but also that most elements move just slightly and some frames overlap (in frame 2) as well as that the transport buttons are gone (also in frame 2) although the size of the window itself didn't change.

But when enlarging it by dragging the lower edge down to a size where all elements get reformatted and then go back to nearly the window's original size, we come back to the state we had when the window was opened first time.

Also, if you look carefully, you'll notice that also the enlarged window doesn't align elements to places where they should go.
    This, btw. doesn't change, no matter how much you enlarge the window in either x or y direction.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 06-13-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #484
Mr. Data

This, finally, leads me to the point where I want to emphasize that we need more support. But in saying 'more support' I don't mean updates of language templates every other day. I mean a way of enabling us to do things that makes our work easier and at the same time frees you from being bothered all the time keeping you away from what's really important to your further development of REAPER.

An Example:
I'm sincerely in doubt that REAPER should look like this in pending or future versions, just because they're not in English.

I'm sure you're quite clear about which one of the colored lines refers to which element types anchor point to emphasize (mis)'alignment'.
compared to:

Yes. this looks nice and tidy compared to the above version, doesn't it?
And why shouldn't it look the same in other languages?
Imho even more as we are moving on to a new full version number. (I think it's 6, isn't it?)

In post #301 I already made a proposal, how this could be managed, but I came to the conclusion that this can't work, because there can be elements in a dialog that hold no text.

Maybe an IDE could be a solution to this problem, where we have an editor to place elements of a dialog aligned.

The AutoHotKey package, for instance, includes a tool called "SmartGUI Creator", which is designed to create or alter dialogs.
There is also a built in function that allows to 'steal' dialogs from other software that then can be edited. It works like this:

This comes quite close to what I'm up to.
The drawback is that this tool only works with standard Windows elements such as BUTTON, COMBOBOX or EDIT, but not with special things like "REAPERknob".
Also it grabs only elements that are visible at the moment of grabbing. So in the above window the element "[modified]" is missing, although it belongs to the dialog.

So I ruminated a little how this could work and how this could be included in the langpack. As I mentioned already an IDE would be handy, preferably one that allows to move and resize elements in a visual way, as in 'SmartGUI'.

In the following I've botched up something that shows how such a structure could look like when it is shown and edited in an IDE.
On the right hand side of the IDE editor, there could be a list of all dialogs from which one could select one to work on.

As an example I'll stick at the Crossfade editor, 'cos this is extremely messy imho and includes some special elements.

When having chosen a dialog from the list (522 in this example) it could present itself in the editor like this (along with its visual representation):

The CAPTION, as well as all other elements, containing strings, could hold either these strings in double-quotes or their hash numbers, which in the best case would be filled in automatically if they exist in the langpack.

The LAYOUT term, followed by '5CA1E0000000000x' can determine the layout number for the following block, since, depending on wideness and height, there can be different layouts as it is in the Crossfade editor respectively the Item properties dialog and some others.

The '5CA1E' command is a great help - beyond question - nonetheless it has two big disadvantages: When using it, it (1) resizes all elements in the dialog, making it necessary to oversize quite a number of them to keep everything readable, while at the same time (2) ruining all alignments. So, if the langpack interpreter would find another value than 0 at the last digit of '5CA1E', it would know, there exists a special formatting block. And when needed, there could be more than one block if e.g. the dialog is rezisable, hence having more layouts, as it is shown at the bottom of the mockup. A resizing factor would either be obsolete in such cases by determing last digit 1 = normal dialog, 2 = double width, 3 = double height or 4 = special cases or giving one of these numbers with a factor (e.g. "5CA1E00000000002=1.0 2.0" for double height).

Also, in the above mockup I tried to emphasize which flags are allowed to be changed (for formatting reasons e.g.
Code:
CONTROL STATIC, SS_LEFT, "Volume:", 14, 186, 26, 8
and which are not, but still shown, to make it easier to know, on which element one works.
So, for instance...
Code:
CONTROL BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON, 42, 61, 39, 20
could let you change coordinates, but not the kind of the element.

In addition to that I colored hash numbers opposed to strings for better distinction.

Finally special REAPER elements, like 'REAPERknob' are yellow colored.

It would also very handy if strings in dropdown menus could entered here directly, since they are not in the dialog structure themselves, e.g. as in:
Code:
<
 CONTROL STATIC, SS_LEFT, "Preserve:", 234, 152, 31, 8 
 CONTROL COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, 267, 149, 42, 30 
 <
  3BEB0AE437FA2F12 ; (center)
  1B262DDE53BE63B5 ; (start)
  0DBD7F7EE933458C ; (end)
 >
>
... or ...
Code:
<
 CONTROL STATIC, SS_LEFT, "Preserve:", 234, 152, 31, 8 
 CONTROL COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, 267, 149, 42, 30 
 <
  "center"
  "start"
  "end"
 >
>
What isn't covered here is the distinction between
Code:
A037BD54A635ACF8=Editing 1 crossfade
C1BDF555F6EEBD1D=Editing %d crossfades
...and the string
Code:
"Editing 0 crossfades"
...which is in the dialog structure, since I don't know, how this is handled.
Same goes for the bitmaps, showing the transport buttons, since they don't appear in the structure.

Whether these structures should go into the langpack file itself or a separate file or even in a separate file for each dialog, I'm not clear about yet, but I tend to the langpack file itself.

All of this is just a proposal how things could be made, and when comparing the US-English dialog...

...with an equally tidy localized German one...

...wouldn't it be reasonable to make these things at least possible for REAPER v6, so we all could work with REAPER in the same charming way as native (US) English speaking/reading people can do, instead of having all those messy dialogs?
(As a sidenote: Did you notice that in the not localized version some values are not completely visible, but in the localized they are? (See 'Contents:'))

(BTW: Wouldn't such an IDE be a good idea for WALTER themers as well?)

I know that this increases the demands of work to put into this a lot, but I've no doubt that there are people who are willing to take the pain to do it. And this, although all this doesn't do anything to the functionality to REAPER at all. On the other hand it would be the advantage that noone needs to go that far, but at the same time can do if (s)he wants to.

I'm curious:
Isn't there a way to make all strings that need to be translated or are part of translated strings make accessible once and for all, except a few, like the license thingies e.g. in one go?
Isn't there a way to rule out the issues with special characters like 'ö' (ö), 'ä' (ä), or 'ü' (ü) or others used in other languages out of the way permanently, so all of us (including you) don't have to bother with this anymore?
I also often encountered problems with strings that begin or end with 0x0d 0x0a, which the online calculator doesn't handle, hence giving incorrect results.

Maybe this should have gone into the feature requests thread, but imo this is not a feature, but rather a suggestion to get progress to localization itself which is already a feature.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 06-13-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:12 AM   #485
Phroneris

Hi Data,

Could you please replace large images with smaller ones or links to full ones for narrow-display users?

I think width<=900 would be nice.
And I hope Cockos forum has a format to specify width directly in img code or a system to automatically restrict (shrink) width of images to display...
Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #486
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroneris View Post
Hi Data,

Could you please replace large images with smaller ones or links to full ones for narrow-display users?

I think width<=900 would be nice.
And I hope Cockos forum has a format to specify width directly in img code or a system to automatically restrict (shrink) width of images to display...

Use the "REAPER 5" forum theme (lower left corner), and it'll limit the size.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #487
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
(crossfade editor)
I'm sincerely in doubt that REAPER should look like this in pending or future versions, just because they're not in English.
Hmm yeah I think some tweaks to the "auto-size-up-dialog" code could fix this automatically. I'll look at this soon.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #488
Mr. Data

Thanks Justin,

I really appreciate that!
But what do you think about the IDE idea I wrenched out (under hard pain btw ) out of my old, weak, punished brain (bruuharrharr!), that in a somewhat equal style might be of advantage for WALTER themers as well?

As I stated already, my goal is to make it not only easier for us, but also for you, not having to deal with all this all the time. And i'm convinced that, if you look into localized versions from time to time, you'd be happy to see what these dedicated people achieve, even if you don't understand the language.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 06-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:34 AM   #489
Phroneris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Use the "REAPER 5" forum theme (lower left corner), and it'll limit the size.
I've been too outdated!!!!!
Thanks Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:39 PM   #490
Mr. Data

Quote:
Hi Data,

Hi Phroneris,

Sorry for that. It's like Justin wrote.
Sometimes this happens to me as well when strolling through the forums without logging in. In this case zooming out helps, but when finally logging in to reply to a post everything fits.

-Data
Old 06-20-2019, 06:21 AM   #491
Phroneris

Quote:
Hi Phroneris,

Sorry for that. It's like Justin wrote.
Sometimes this happens to me as well when strolling through the forums without logging in. In this case zooming out helps, but when finally logging in to reply to a post everything fits.

-Data
Sorry for interrupting you. And thanks!
Old 06-21-2019, 06:41 PM   #492
Mr. Data

No prob!

All good!

-Data
Old 06-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #493
Edison

Default Codes - Tempo envelope

Hi Data!

Do you have the codes and your location to translate the content of this window! See the photo in the link below.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....88#post2140988

Thanks!!
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:58 AM   #494
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Thanks Justin,

I really appreciate that!
But what do you think about the IDE idea I wrenched out (under hard pain btw ) out of my old, weak, punished brain (bruuharrharr!), that in a somewhat equal style might be of advantage for WALTER themers as well?

As I stated already, my goal is to make it not only easier for us, but also for you, not having to deal with all this all the time. And i'm convinced that, if you look into localized versions from time to time, you'd be happy to see what these dedicated people achieve, even if you don't understand the language.

-Data
This would be great ¡¡¡

Also, please, could we have a new template, there are several new amazing and useful features in 5.79 that users will appreciate understand ( language ) and use it.

Thanks ¡¡¡

Old 06-23-2019, 03:27 AM   #495
Edison

Default Template Language Pack

That would be great!

The update of the template, which is in version 5.965, is something I've been requesting for some time.

Last edited by Edison; 06-23-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:59 PM   #496
Mr. Data

Hi Edison,

Referring to this

it is the following:
Code:
[DLG_587] ;  

E642F1C94417CC90=Tempo Envelope Display
DD6811EE300F9361=Minimum:
F6943164E79D3997=Maximum:
AB230EE50B75E4AD=Default range: %d-%d bpm
368E73EDF0E7733B=Actual project tempo: %d-%d bpm
;^2746237EF788A7A8=bpm
;^D840E3186B2B9581=OK 
;^F09E4B5C35AA14B9=Cancel
It's a newly invented dialog.
However, I couldn't convince REAPER to process translation for the red-colored entries. The others should work.

There's another new dialog...

Code:
[DLG_586] ;  
93C5D4C0C7C927EA=ARA Progress
...but I can't check whether translation would work.
The string is used for the caption of that window.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 06-25-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #497
Edison

Default [DLG_587]

Hello Data,

It just didn't work for those two strings you displayed in red. But I also tested two other ways for one of the strings, and it didn't work either. Examples below.

CBE285DDEED94195=Default range:
E79C40C96A50EAC3= %d-%d bpm

4B2B2D1CDB2AA68F=Default range:
571CD0AAA28673A3D=%d-%d bpm

I also tested as path not only in [DLG_587] (working partially, as you had shown) See the picture. But also created for [DLG_278] and [DLG_287] and it didn't work.

If you can, take a look at this link: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....82#post2151182 (and look at the picture)

Question: Did you get or create the code from this window for ARA?

[???????] (this code)
B5B044167DAD176F=ARA Analysis (Look at the pic.)

Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited by Edison; 12-06-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #498
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison View Post
Hello Data,

It just didn't work for those two strings you displayed in red. But I also tested two other ways for one of the strings, and it didn't work either. Examples below.

CBE285DDEED94195=Default range:
E79C40C96A50EAC3= %d-%d bpm

4B2B2D1CDB2AA68F=Default range:
571CD0AAA28673A3D=%d-%d bpm

I also tested as path not only in [DLG_587] (working partially, as you had shown) See the picture. But also created for [DLG_278] and [DLG_287] and it didn't work.
Hi Edison,

Had a look at this. [DLG_278] doesn't exist in v5.979 and [DLG_287] is a dialog, holding neither a caption nor any other elements (yet).

Quote:
If you can, take a look at this link: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....82#post2151182 (and look at the picture)
For your info: I normally do no translation on 'dev' releases, because it happens ever too often that things change until new releases get into pre or even rc state.

Quote:
Question: Did you get or create the code from this window for ARA?

[???????] (this code)
B5B044167DAD176F=ARA Analysis (Look at the pic.)

Thank you so much for your help!
Could it be, that this is the same dialog ([DLG_586]) where previously the string "ARA Progress" was used?

-Data
Old 06-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #499
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hmm yeah I think some tweaks to the "auto-size-up-dialog" code could fix this automatically. I'll look at this soon.
Hi Justin,

Had a look into the 'dev0627' version and the crossfade editor is looking great and tidy now. In fact it was an issue that existed for a long time (even years IIRC), but for some reason I always forgot to mention it.
However, thanks alot for that fix.

More punishment will surely follow.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 06-28-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #500
Mr. Data

Quote:
Hello Data!!

Did you get any feedback from REAPER regarding the Video window text? See pics in the links below.

Not in use: https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....5&d=1552862955
In use: https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....6&d=1552862970

Thank you
Edison
Hi Edison,

No, not yet.

BTW: sometimes it would be much of help, if you would not only post your translated window, but also the original English window, since I'm not really (if not to say not at all) familiar with Brazilian Portuguese. So I could get to the source faster. It's not that a problem, but if you'd do that I'd really much appreciate that. Although marking in your translated screenshot the 'problem string' (as you already did) hints me to your problem. I like the way we try to help each other!

Thanks to you.

-Data
Old 07-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #501
Mr. Data

Thanks mate,

but all in all it's no prob, it just makes things easier for me if you post both.

-Data
Old 07-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #502
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Maybe useful for finding the right localized-texts:

I made a LangPack-file, which shows to the left of the text the section, in which you can find it.
This is probably useful, when wanting to get the right hwnd-texts or the right section of a certain untranslated text, as some texts in the LangPacks are duplicated.

It looks like this:

You can get it here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...ReaperLangPack

Just use it, as any other language-pack-file.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #503
Mr. Data

Hi Mespotine,

What you did here can be a big help, especially to the ones who begin translation of REAPER, but not only to them.

Thanks a lot!!

-Data
Old 07-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #504
Meo-Ada Mespotine

You're welcome

Old 07-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #505
Meo-Ada Mespotine

BTW, which is the most recent template-langpack currently available? I only found the one for 5.965 on my harddisk...

Old 07-25-2019, 02:33 AM   #506
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
BTW, which is the most recent template-langpack currently available? I only found the one for 5.965 on my harddisk...
That's the one ¡¡¡

Thanks for your localizing text finder ¡¡¡

Old 07-26-2019, 07:11 AM   #507
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Thanks

BTW: Do you guys have a way to encode into the translationfile, which language is used?
I'm looking for something like a key-value-store, which holds a code, like the Alpha-2-codes in the following list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1#Current_codes

Background: I'm working on functions, who allow localizing scripts using external translationfiles. One awesome thing would be, if I could automatically switch between different languages, depending on the language the currently loaded translationfile holds.

Otherwise, one would need to switch languages twice, once for Reaper and once for scripts and I would love to avoid that.

Oh, and do you have a way to find new texts added to Reaper or do you have to wait, until the devs release an updated lagpack-file?

Old 07-31-2019, 06:52 PM   #508
Mr. Data

Hi Mespotine,

Q 1: AFAIK there isn't something like this.
However, in the first line of the langpack file there is a token '#NAME' in which this could be included. The (latest) langpack file I created starts e.g. with "#NAME:Deutsch (inkl. SWS) [DE] (190523)"

Q 2: No, we don't necessarily need to wait for new langpack files to complete things. there is an online tool that lets us translate single strings by entering the original US-English strings like they are displayed in REAPER itself, which then calculates the 16 digit hex hashcode, we can include in the langpack to translate it.

https://landoleet.org/i8n/string_calculator.html

To make things easier for me, I wrote a rudimentary AutoHotKey script hack that helps me translating more than one string at a time.
I'd long since have shared it, if it wouldn't be too specialized to my system setup.

The online string calculator sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to be a matter of a string being released (or allowed) for translation or not. It mostly works for menu entries of menus that already exist or for entries of dialogs that already exist, but in numerous cases it won't work for dropdown menu entries, although these dropdowns also exist already.

Also, in some cases it might be important where you fill in the translation in the langpack file. If the translation doesn't work in the block (e.g. [DLG_520] or so), it might work in the [common] block.

I, myself, often try to find new strings by comparing older REAPER versions resources of dialogs and menus with newer ones.
Same goes for the list of actions.

This, since new langpacks lack, at least is a crutch to keep translation as current as possible.

-Data
Old 08-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #509
Javier Robledo

Default VKB

Hi Justin ¡

Do you know if it's going to to possible to fix the problem with VKB soon ? :

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=484

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=483

There are a lot of users asking me about that.

If is not going to be possible to fix it soon, I will back that DLG into english again so VKB can be use at least with note names non translated.

Thanks

Old 12-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #510
Javier Robledo

Default R6 LangPack

Is this in landoleet the new R6 Langpack ?

emplate_reaper60rc1.ReaperLangPack 2019-11-21 22:50 806K

Date is not in order and it made me doubth.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #511
Phroneris

Happy v6 🎉
Old 12-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #512
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Happy v6 🎉
Yeahhh ¡¡¡

Old 12-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #513
Phroneris

Hi,
Thanks a lot for providing template_reaper602rc1!

REAPER v6 update says
Quote:
MIDI editor: combine note properties and event properties into one modeless dialog
but, 602rc1 still has "[midi_DLG_123] ; IDD_NOTEPROP" section.
Is it alive?

One more thing:
Where can I see this "Pitch:"?
Code:
[midi_DLG_124] ; IDD_EVTPROP

;029DFA9FB2B6AF07=&Pitch:
Neither note properties nor pitchbend ones seem to have this input field.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #514
Mr. Data

Hi Phroneris and Happy new year to everyone!

In the dialog (124) of midi.dll this entry is present, but it doesn't show up in any setting, neither in the US-English version nor the (in my case) German one.
It might be a bug. I could imagine that if you select 'Pitch' at the 'Type' entry, maybe 'Pitch' should appear below 'Channel' instead of Note' or 'Controller' (perhaps ... dunno).

It seems as if the entries of dialog 123 and 124 are mingled, because in 124 you don't find all the entries that are shown in the window and the missing ones are in 123.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 01-07-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:14 AM   #515
Phroneris

Thanks Data, I totally agree with you.
It seems a bug so I hope it's cleaned up.

P.S. Happy new near!
Old 01-12-2020, 08:50 AM   #516
Meo-Ada Mespotine

I updated my Devversions of the ReaperLangPack to 6.02rc1:

https://github.com/Ultraschall/ultra...ee/master/Misc

This displays the LangPack-sections at every text within Reaper, so you can easily find, where the specific text is located.

Old 02-25-2020, 04:55 AM   #517
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
I updated my Devversions of the ReaperLangPack to 6.02rc1:

https://github.com/Ultraschall/ultra...ee/master/Misc

This displays the LangPack-sections at every text within Reaper, so you can easily find, where the specific text is located.

Thanks a lot ¡¡¡

Totally helpfull as always ¡¡¡

Old 03-24-2020, 06:45 AM   #518
Phroneris

Snap/Grid Settings can't show this string in English.
(v6.05/x64, Windows 7 64-bit)

Code:
[DLG_199] ; IDD_SNAPSETTINGS
;0E6C9C7A0BA6B1CD= to selection/markers/cursor

I hope that string positioning improves also when localized.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #519
Mr. Data

Hi Phroneris,

However, the translation works.

-Data
Old 04-07-2020, 04:10 AM   #520
Phroneris

Mr. Data,

Yes.
I feel the reason why I found it is because I'm a localizer, so I reported it here.
I'm sorry for confusion.