Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #81
Guncho
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamatix View Post
M-Audio Fast Track Pro - works ok but would prefer something better. Issues I have are: 1) phantom power does not work even when I am powering via external adapter 2) headphone jack is not loud enough - I need to use a little Rolls headphone amp to bring the volume up.
Weird I'm not experiencing any of the problems with mine that you mention. I'm not even using external power and phantom power works fine.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #82
TMA

Delta 1010 - Rock solid for years on end.
TMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #83
bonfilio

When I needed all the channels, Alesis io26 + 2 ADA8000.

Now that I have edrums w/ VSTs, just a behringer UCA-202 w/ preamp. Vocals, guitars, etc, works great.
bonfilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #84
Peevy

NI Komplete Audio 6.

Pretty new addition to the interface market but its served me well so far, sounds awesome & has excellent converters plus its built like a tank.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #85
alphamatix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guncho View Post
Weird I'm not experiencing any of the problems with mine that you mention. I'm not even using external power and phantom power works fine.
Yes, I've heard that others are doing ok with theirs. Not sure what to make of that. It's not particularly pressing at the moment but I will eventually upgrade to something else.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #86
rictheobscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peevy View Post
NI Komplete Audio 6.

Pretty new addition to the interface market but its served me well so far, sounds awesome & has excellent converters plus its built like a tank.
If I didn't love my PreSonus gear so much. I think the NI interfaces would be my next choice. I am seriously considering getting one for my notebook. I don't really compose on my notebook, but I do have ReNoise on it and horse around from time to time.

I am very impressed with my Maschine Controller Hardware, and I bet NI was just as detailed when they put their audio interfaces together.
rictheobscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #87
PerryJ

Hey All,

New to reaper, and newish to digital recording in general. Remember recording on tape a decade ago, and just barely messing with Cubase when it first came out, but then pretty much stuck with playing music and focusing on education. Now over a decade later, all grown up with college, marriage and kids all checked off my "todo" list, I am learning how to record/edit/produce.

After a couple years with a trusty Fast Track Pro and audacity + ableton lite and cubase se, I have moved to Reaper and upgraded to an RME Fireface UFX interface. Largely because I wanted a lot of flexibility, but without sacrificing a lot of quality. Also wanted a minimum of 12 channels without needing to buy additional convertors.

So far, I am very happy. It seems to work very well with Reaper (and I am really enjoying using Reaper as my learning platform and will likely stick with it for the long haul). I am still at a very early stage of my recording education, but I think I have some great tools to learn with. I would recommend the RME UFX to anyone who needs the channels and wants a lot of I/O flexibility (firewire or usb). It can even record on its own to a USB drive without a computer, and then be imported into Reaper later.

I have no idea how it compares to other stuff like the Lynx, Apogee, Motu or whatever, because I have never owned them, but I am happy with my investment. just bought my license for Reaper yesterday too. Admittedly I used it for a couple months before paying, but it gave me the time i needed to really decide it was for me. Props to the Cockos team for their avoidance of horrible DRM/licensing. It was a large part of why I decided to stick with Reaper instead of the competitors who force hardware on you (at worst), or are simply overpriced and have crappy trials at best.

Well, getting way off topic, sorry, but just excited to be getting involved from this side of the glass. Have been recorded plenty, but this is a whole new (and fun) animal!

Here is what the RME looks like:

Last edited by PerryJ; 10-22-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added image and corrected mispellings!
PerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #88
Mark VH

Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #89
obsidian3d

Add another vote for the PreSonus Firebox. I've had this for several years now and it has never let me down. I've done a lot of mobile recording with, taking it to our jam space to do floor demos and more recently scratch tracks for the EP that I'm recording for us. I use it at home on my Dell PC, and hook it up to my MacBook Pro when I'm out. It's been a great piece of hardware for me.

If I had money to re-invest, in something with more inputs I would likely go for the FireStudio Mobile, which has double the usable inputs (8) that the Firebox has (4). I don't count the SPDIF inputs because I can't use them.
obsidian3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #90
standay

Presonus Firepod. Sound is good but I don't like that it's firewire. I'd prefer USB.
standay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #91
faun2500

RME... Why? Coz im a PRO init!

http://bit.ly/free-sample-packs- Totally Free High Quality Sample Packs
faun2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #92
obsidian3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by standay View Post
Presonus Firepod. Sound is good but I don't like that it's firewire. I'd prefer USB.
Why do you say that you prefer USB over Firewire? For single tracking or jamming with a friend USB interfaces are certainly more than sufficient. I use my StealthPedal a lot for simply this reason, but for larger work I certainly appreciate the benefits of Firewire.
obsidian3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #93
standay

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian3d View Post
Why do you say that you prefer USB over Firewire? For single tracking or jamming with a friend USB interfaces are certainly more than sufficient. I use my StealthPedal a lot for simply this reason, but for larger work I certainly appreciate the benefits of Firewire.
I find USB is better supported overall. But, like I say, the FP as it sits works very well. I haven't done any really big multitrack projects yet so I may find that the firewire interface is better in the end.
standay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #94
Admiral Quality

I use an Edirol UA-1000 that's quite a few years old now, but still kicking butt. (24x96:10x10) Totally happy with it to this day. And I get 64 sample latency in Reaper under both Windows and OSX (I could probably push it even lower in OSX but 1.5 ms is fine!)

Before the UA-1000, I used a UA-5 and UA-25. I don't work for Roland (that'd be Cakewalk) but they do make nice interfaces. Definitely "close enough for rock 'n roll".

I'm sure many other modern semi-boutique audio interfaces do as well. USB2.0 is FINE for almost-no latency recording. And as even Apple have now abandoned Firewire... you might want to check out your local classifieds. Some of this "pro-sumer" stuff is seriously over-spec!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #95
Cosmic

I think I may be the only person alive who uses one of these

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/proaud...c-quartet.html

Same A/D converters as RME 400 apparentally.

48 sample latency tracking no problem at all..with lots of active plug ins running.Sounds perfect also.

I use an external pre amp mind you.And never need more than two inputs.

Hasnt let me down once.If it broke I'd get another one.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #96
hwhalen

Multiple.

Line 6 UX8, GuitarPort
Mackie Spike.
Internal Realtek ALC 882 chipset.

Depends on what I need to do.
hwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote