Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #121
V'ger
Human being with feelings

Here are 2 track templates for the new TX16Wx sampler:

TX16Wx track template with 12 outs in mixer
TX16Wx track template with 12 outs in mixer and folder track

Both have all 12 audio out tracks shown (only) in the mixer, the only difference is that one has a folder track (shown in mixer only), and the other has no folder track.

The advantage of the folder track is that since all outputs go through it, you can put and FX and control volume on all at the same time.

The disadvantage of the folder track is that it's just one more track to mess up the project, plus the TX16Wx instrument track will look funny in the track panel since it's slightly skewed as being part of a folder structure.

The one with the folder track has grouped (connected) volume faders between the TX16Wx instrument track and folder track so that you can control the overall volume of all outputs from the track panel.

To use track templates, go to the Reaper main menu and select: Track - Insert track from template - Open template

Or put the file(s) in the template directory so that it can be opened from the list of Reaper templates. The path might vary, but for me on Win XP it's: C:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\Application Data\REAPER\TrackTemplates
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #122
V'ger

ShortCircuit2: Two Track Templates

1 x ShortCircuit2 with Folder track, 8 audio out in mixer and 8 MIDI tracks in track panel

1 x ShortCircuit2 with 8 audio out in mixer and 8 MIDI tracks in track panel (no folder track)

To use this template, go to the Reaper main menu and select:

Track - Insert track from template - Open template

Or put the file in the template directory so that it can be opened from the list of Reaper templates. The path might vary, but for me on Win XP it is: C:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\Application Data\REAPER\TrackTemplates
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #123
garryknight

Default Kontakt 5 Elements with four instruments on stereo outputs

Since no one's posted here in a while I thought I'd add a recent template I made using Reaper 4.721/x64 and Kontakt Elements, so it should work with recent versions of Kontakt Player.

The template features a rack of 4 instruments in Kontakt Player using stereo outputs into Reaper. The mixer contains these tracks:

1. Kontakt 5
2. Drums Audio
3. Drums Midi (channel 1)
4. Bass Audio
5. Bass Midi (channel 2)
6. Piano Audio
7. Piano Midi (channel 3)
8. Guitar Audio
9. Guitar Midi (channel 4)

In other words they are arranged as pairs of tracks with the audio from Kontakt routed through the audio track for each instrument and any Midi items in the Midi tracks routed back to Kontakt and the relevant instrument. The audio tracks are set as folders for the Midi tracks. Also, a Midi controller can be set to each Midi channel in turn to play the relevant instrument live, though recorded or edited Midi items can be on any channel as all Midi data on any channel on a track is routed back to that track's instrument.

The template has 4 Kontakt instruments pre-loaded with some test Midi items to show it working. These instruments can be changed from within the Kontakt Player interface and the Midi items can be deleted. None of the tracks are armed or monitored but obviously you can change this and re-save the template.

I also have an 8-instrument version which is too large (even when zipped) to attach here. If anyone's interested in it, I'll put it on the stash, though it should be obvious how to set it up if you just look at the routing in the 4-instrument version.

Thanks have to go to Tod, DarkStar and Fex for help getting these templates up and running.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp Kontakt 5 8-out basic instruments (4).RPP (379.6 KB, 891 views)
Old 05-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #124
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Quote:
Originally Posted by e noho kuri View Post
Thanks for that Talisman. I got Battery and Kontakt working like that.

Its true you cant get much out of those folders. But you can put a lot in them. Send tracks work well inside them. I also run other synths inside the Kontakt folder to let them use the same effects as sample tracks.

And just coz I knew you were gonna ask; I just went and unpacked my Battery folder into the Kontakt one. All the sends stayed hooked up but now I can duck my bass with my kick drum.

This really is an elegant solution. Once I record a whole song, I can just turn off the Kontakt folder and everything is set up how I want it. In fact I guess I could just turn all the folders off as soon as I load them. They'll still be all subgrouped etc.

Heres kontakt 2 with 12 outputs and Battery with six. Just clone tracks or delete them to fit your needs and resave the templates.

Well Kontakt anyway. For some reason the Battery 3 track is to big to post.
any chance of videoillustration?!
sounds awesome, but prickly!
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #125
allerdings

Here is my template for Omnisphere 2.

https://stash.reaper.fm/24530/Omnisph...RTrackTemplate

It consists of 1 folder track housing 1 track for Omnisphere with 8 initialized patches, 8 midi tracks routed to omnisphere and 8 tracks receiving the individual channels from Omnisphere.

love,

Allerdings
allerdings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #126
Dstruct

My multichannel/timbral TX16Wx project template:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urwq78vqkt...plate.RPP?dl=0 (60 kB)

http://www.tx16wx.com

Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote