Old 06-11-2017, 02:12 AM   #1
hmmueller
Human being with feelings

Default Help - MIDI "suddenly" not working

I've been using Reaper for 2 years, always in the following (simple) scenario: Music editor (Noteworthy Composer) sends output to a single loopMIDI "port", which is hooked up to 1...16 tracks in Reaper by MIDI channel; the channels use VSTi FXs, mostly rgc's sfz, to produce some sound.

Suddenly, as of today, it does not work. loopMIDI shows that it transports bytes; but Reaper does not show any input on any track. I have tried
- a new project
- restart the computer (a laptop running Win 8.1 [unfortunately])
- reinstall Reaper(!)

I must overlook something obvious ... My sample project that does NOT play anything is in the attachment.

If anyone has a clue, please let me know!

(but I completely understand if you say "what the heck? it worked ... it should continue to work ... no idea what you can do ...")

// EDIT ------------

... probably a totally different problem: Reaper does not even play .RPP files with MIDI tracks - stops immediately. Somewhere it says that might be an ASIO4All (which I use) problem; I did not change anything there, but I'll look ...

// EDIT 2 ------------

... yes, with changing the audio device to "DirectSound", everything is fine. So, a problem with ASIO4All. So be it. No need to answer to my cry for help - thanks to anyone who started up his brain cells anyway!

Harald M.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp zzz.RPP (4.4 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by hmmueller; 06-11-2017 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Found problem area ... ASIO4All, not MIDI ...
hmmueller is offline   Reply With Quote