Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 06-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
Seymoursax
Human being with feelings

Default Is there a way to what Iam going to call HARD WIRE midi setup in Reaper

Hello everybody, Is there a way to what Iam going to call HARD WIRE midi setup in Reaper. Here is my situation and it has been like this for quite while now. (very irritating)
Ive set up a project Template including a piano virtual instrument track. I am laying
tracks, then there is no sound from a MIDI virtual track I am working on...I did not turn off the track monitoring. I would usually spend large amounts of time trying to figure out what happened. There goes the idea I was working on. I have to restart to work again.
In frustration I switch over to my other DAW. Instantly my midi keyboard is recognized without me doing A SINGLE THING. If unplug or switch off the midi keyboard, I get a notification that a change has been made to midi, do I want to keep it.
Ive had to be doing this very often so as not to loose the idea I am trying to record. This is not right that I have to be doing this. Can I HARD WIRE my MIDI keyboard to REAPER. Yes ive gone to CON P and enabled MIDI keyboard.
Thank you all
God bless you.
Seymoursax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
Jae.Thomas

it would be interesting for reaper to track changes in the midi setup and warn you, but for me, I just have the devices enabled and have a midi devices reset button if I change anything.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #3
Seymoursax

Hello Jason, thank you for your reply. Id like to try the reset button idea. How do I set that up
Old 06-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #4
Jae.Thomas

the action is called reset midi devices and look up how to add an action to a toolbar
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
Seymoursax

Jason Jason, I tried it and it work . I thank you sooo very much. Ive had this problem for over a year and did not know how to fix it.Again thanks.
God bless you