Old 07-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
blumpy
Human being with feelings

Default Latch Preview OSC?

Does anyone know how to write OSC pattern configures for Latch Preview Mode? I'm setting up a tablet with some custom buttons and want the controller to receive feedback for automation modes. I've found and implemented the documentation for the other automation modes but I don't see if for Latch Preview.

Thanks!
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
airon

I'm trying to find that too.

Might as well test a couple of variants though.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:58 AM   #3
blumpy

Default Trial and error

I tried a few obvious variations but no luck. It's a fairly new feature, perhaps it hasn't been implemented in OSC?
Old 07-07-2017, 02:11 AM   #4
airon

That's what I'm thinking as well.

I just spotted another little inconsistency in OSC too. You can select a bunch of tracks and thus control the volume and send mutes with the selected-track commands for those parameters on all selected tracks, but not for send volumes. That only works on the last selected track.

So OSC does require some consistency fixes. You might want to log the Latch Preview issue as a bug report either in the thread of this section or in the bug report forum.

I use keyboard shortcuts for all automation mode issues, but keeping them on a phone or pad as a bunch of buttons is a great way that we don't have when it cannot be triggered as effectively.

Until then you can use the /action/action_id commands. That at least works fine. Those numerical ids will not change.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:35 AM   #5
blumpy

Default OSC

Good idea. I'll post this in the bugs thread.

I'm learning this as I go along. Thus far most of the things that I want to receive feedback from reaper is working. I just didn't want to post it in the bug report area not knowing if it was due to my own ignorance.

I've attached two images of my interface thus far. It updates fader, pan, track name, track number, click, track rcd arm, record button, play button, rough audio metering and status/switching for Trim, Touch, Latch and write as well as an EQ page that also follows automation/snaps to position track to track.

I'll eventually make the EQ in multi ball, but there's more of a learning curve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper Lemur.jpg (62.7 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg Reaper Lemur EQ page.jpg (63.2 KB, 238 views)
Old 07-07-2017, 02:58 AM   #6
blumpy

Default Colour Swatch

By the way....

Are you the Airon that wrote Colour Swatch?

It's in my start up script. I use it all the time. I don't like to have bright colors on my screen when I'm working to picture.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:45 AM   #7
airon

Colour Swatch, yes, though as usual a lot of folks contributed in the code, design and especially fixes. I've got that on my most-used toolbar as well.

I learned everything for this setup as I went along with significant help from others.

Here's the left side of my setup:
The XT-mini controls the bank selected on the two Midi Fighter Twisters. The OSC page on the pad helps with setting send levels fast.

Btw, my automation modes get set with the block of keys above the cursor keys. It's very, very fast, as I use modifiers to do all-track changes and global overrides too.

INS Touch, HOME Read, PAGE UP Latch, PAGE DOWN Write, END Latch Preview.

I did leave DEL untouched, since I use that a lot in other applications as well. ALT+key for all tracks, CTRL+ALT for global overrides.

Read/Trim is on CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+ALT+END. I almost never use it, so it's out of the way.

Most of my automation writing is on a modifier+cursor key combo. It fits my keyboard oriented style of working.

That's why I didn't place that stuff on the pad. I use the all-track combos most often. To reset all latched parameters I just hold ALT and go HOME, PAGE UP. Read then Latch.

I do recommend knobs for EQ work. The Midifighter Twisters are very good for this so far. Good hardware. In the picture linked above you see an EQ on the left MFT. Lower three rows are GAIN, Frequency and Q from bottom to top. Top left and right are low and high cut filters, with just Q on the blue knobs again.

The little Novation Dicer in the picture brings up plugin GUIs most of the time.

Though I'm constantly looking to make things faster.