Old 07-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #641
vinx
Human being with feelings

Default FR

"Sends Mute" and "Receives Mute " would be really nice to activate quickly fx sends at a fixed level via osc.

Any way to do this at this time?
vinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:59 AM   #642
vinx

ok we can do that with actions but there's no feedback so less than ideal.

Please can we have "Sends Mute" and "Receives Mute " in native osc.

I also have problem using touchosc and my BCF2000 (midi): they are not updating some fader/parameter change, in both directions (but depends on what parameter). I have to refresh the control surfaces via action inside reaper to keep both in sync, so there must be a bug somewhere...

Thanks
vinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #643
Erriez

Default Get/read values by using action ID's with OSC

Quote:
Actions do not (yet) provide any feedback via OSC.
It would be great to add this feature.

For example to read the metronome volume.

Thanks!
Erriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:23 AM   #644
Patrick-Gilles Maillot

Default /track/1/name device->reaper not working?

Hello,

Looks like the receiving of OSC messages by Reaper for track names are not taken into consideration. For example, if my device sends

/track/1/name~~~,s~~abcde~~~

to Reaper, te text will not appear as track 1 name. In the same program, sending: /track/1/volume~,f~~[0.5000] does set the volume of the track to 0.5 as expected.

Can someone confirm or provide a clue as to what happens?

Thanks,
-Patrick
Patrick-Gilles Maillot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:30 AM   #645
Patrick-Gilles Maillot

Default Reaper OSC not dialoging both ways simultaneously?

Hello,

Another element I'd like help on or confirmation:

I set Reaper OSC config dialog so that Reaper sends to port 10000, and listens to port 10001.

I can have Reaper sending OSC messages and this works fine. When I check the listen tick box, to also send OSC messages to Reaper, I expect Reaper to react to my messages. This is the case if the Reaper send tick box is not set (reaper not sending). But when both tick boxes are checked (listen and send), Reaper will react to my messages until I start playing with one Reaper item (fader for example - and I receive OSC messages from Reaper), it then stop listening or does not react to my messages anymore.

Any info/clue on this? Can or does Reaper simultaneously dialogs both ways?

Thanks,
-Patrick
Patrick-Gilles Maillot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #646
Travesty

FR

I'd like to stick my boot in for OSC parameter feedback via the standard midi learn method. Would be amazing.

Last edited by Travesty; 05-24-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:35 AM   #647
zvukofor

Some new ideas, useful and needful.

Is it possible for Reaper to send FX parameters (mapped via global rouiting, track@/insert@/fxparam@) when switching between and opening projects?

I cannot find how to do it, but it is a must have feature when OSC controller mimics a real console with EQs and dynamics on every channel, which i'm designing right now, or just have some hardwired global routings for VSTs.

Still waiting for channel phase invert, sending channel colors via OSC, sends muting/bypassing.

Best regards.

Last edited by zvukofor; 09-03-2015 at 03:22 AM.
zvukofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #648
mpl

1) Add API function to trigger OSC messages to external device (address, #stringvalue, int value),
2) Add API function to get OSC messages while defer function works (address).

For me it close any mess with osc layout editing - have an address, have a aim for this address and backwards, thats it.
Feature request

Last edited by mpl; 10-12-2015 at 09:44 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #649
mpl

Quote:
send FX parameters
zvukofor, did you check page 3 of LogicPad layout for Reaper/Touchosc?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:49 AM   #650
zvukofor

I know that selected track/selected plugin parameters work, it always was, but what about globally assigned FX parameters? Those assigned this way - track@/plugin@/parameter@ - feedback works only when touching plugin parameters in Reaper, but not when loading preset in a plugin or switching between projects - that's what i'm talking about.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #651
mpl

Understood. My FR above can solve this problem. If devs will implement this, we would be able to link osc address to some static parameter, global or from something selected/touched. You'll can describe by name in script which parameters you want to see when loading something.

Last edited by mpl; 05-27-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:34 AM   #652
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Hi.
I thought many times about how many FR`s about OSC we could post in this thread. Too much, yes. So, all of these FR`s can be closed by two:

1) Add API function to trigger OSC messages to external device (address, #stringvalue, int value),
2) Add API function to get OSC messages while defer function works (address).

For me it close any mess with osc layout editing - have an address, have a aim for this address and backwards, thats it.
Feature request
We've discussed adding support for using OSC in ReaScript on this forum before (I deduce from your reference to the defer function that this is what you intend), and I would agree we could use some improvements in ReaScript.

However, I don't agree at all that these two feature requests would close *all* of the feature requests related to the OSC Control Surface feature. Arguably, that's an entirely distinct discussion, as it is an entirely distinct feature - much like using OSC in JS effects, for example.

I also fail to see how this solves "any mess with osc layout editing".

Re: 1: I would think it's quite limited to define a function that can only handle sending messages with a single integer argument. For OSC messages, it is necessary to support multiple arguments of different types. (In fact, for sending single integers, why not mention MIDI, too?)

Re: 2: requesting an API function to 'get' OSC messages seems a bit naive: should ReaScript stop running while waiting for a response? If not, should it ignore OSC messages received between successive iterations of the deferred ReaScript function?

And regarding the network configuration to be used - should this work in conjunction with the OSC Control Surface feature, and if so, how?

I would think that something more sophisticated is needed to support scripting OSC interaction, perhaps like OSCII-bot does things, for example. Note that Justin and Jeffos have already hinted at the possibility of integrating OSCII-bot into REAPER.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #653
AvantGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
...Justin and Jeffos have already hinted at the possibility of integrating OSCII-bot into REAPER.
I'll rejoice when such a day arrives. That would avoid thread-blocking issues and give us the requisite asynchrony. Running Ableton with M4L mainly for a convenient front-end timeline is obscene when Reaper is there lurking in the wings.
AvantGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:47 AM   #654
tomvvyd

Hi!
This is my first post here, so I'll quickly say that Reaper is the best DAW software there is! GREAT JOB!!!

As of feature request (and I don't know if it's already possible and I just can't do it):

Reaper sends OSC messages only on values change, for example "/play" when you hit play or "/track/solo" when press Solo button.

Is it possible to send track's values like pan, record arm, solo/mute, fader position, etc. after track is selected?

I am thinking about something like this:

TRACK_STATE_SOLO f/track/state/solo giving 1.00 or 0.00 values
TRACK_STATE_PAN f/track/state/pan giving values from 0.00 to 1.00
and so on.

Or is it already possible?
tomvvyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:30 AM   #655
zvukofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvvyd View Post
Hi!
Is it possible to send track's values like pan, record arm, solo/mute, fader position, etc. after track is selected?

I am thinking about something like this:

TRACK_STATE_SOLO f/track/state/solo giving 1.00 or 0.00 values
TRACK_STATE_PAN f/track/state/pan giving values from 0.00 to 1.00
and so on.

Or is it already possible?
Yes, it is already possible. Reaper sends all possible track parameters when you select a track, including solo/cut states, volume, pan, FX list, etc.

Just use something like "n/track/volume/x", without wildcard for track number, so this track works as "currently selected/active". Be sure to define which device - Reaper or controller - determines selected track.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:45 AM   #656
zvukofor

So, version 5 is here, and it's great, but still some important OSC features have not been implemented, alas.

Summarizing all that we need here:

- Mutes for sends and receives - with feedback to OSC

- Track phase invert - with feedback to OSC

- bypass all FX on a track (as in MCP) - with feedback to OSC

- Metronome volume - with feedback to OSC

- Send all tracks all FX parameters (mapped via global routing - /track@/fx@/fxparam@/x) when switching between and opening projects or via "console refresh" action

- actions for moving tracks (SWS?)

- it would be great to get track colors (for example, in a values as required by Lemur - value of the color attribute can range from 0 to 8355711)

- "show" only those tracks in OSC controller, which are visible in MCP. (We can utilise screensets with tracks visibility enabled/disabled for different parts of mix to be shown on controller.)
Old 11-01-2015, 07:30 AM   #657
fundorin
Banned

Is it possible to use MIDI/OSC commands as mouse wheel?
I want one encoder to be used as a parameter changer under mouse cursor.
It can be either plugin parameter, preset switcher or volume/pan control in TCP or MCP.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #658
mikechr

Default OSC Note On / Off messages?

Is it possible to configure Reaper to send the OSC messages that signal Note On / Note Off events when midi tracks are played?
mikechr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:54 AM   #659
moss

Would be nice to have an "exists" flag for tracks to see if a track exists in a bank. E.g. you only have 4 tracks but currently you cannot identify that track 5-8 does not exist.

E.g.:
/track/3/exists 1
/track/5/exists 0
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #660
AvantGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechr View Post
Is it possible to configure Reaper to send the OSC messages that signal Note On / Note Off events when midi tracks are played?
Yes. This is one approach:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=109377
It requires a modest bit of geekitude to set it up once, but after that, you just repeat on other tracks, et voila. Also good for CCs, of course. IIRC, it also works with automation.
AvantGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:23 AM   #661
flipotto

+1 please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
So, version 5 is here, and it's great, but still some important OSC features have not been implemented, alas.

- Send all tracks all FX parameters (mapped via global routing - /track@/fx@/fxparam@/x) when switching between and opening projects or via "console refresh" action

- it would be great to get track colors (for example, in a values as required by Lemur - value of the color attribute can range from 0 to 8355711)

- "show" only those tracks in OSC controller, which are visible in MCP. (We can utilise screensets with tracks visibility enabled/disabled for different parts of mix to be shown on controller.)
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #662
cristian_v

I apologise in advance if this topic is covered elsewhere...

But is there anyway to record/draw and edit OSC data streams as automation curves in Reaper?
cristian_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:58 AM   #663
zvukofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristian_v View Post
I apologise in advance if this topic is covered elsewhere...

But is there anyway to record/draw and edit OSC data streams as automation curves in Reaper?
You can record automation on lanes of those parameters which are controlled via OSC, not OSC data itself.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:30 AM   #664
Gmanti

Would it please be possible to map the selected track's active automation envelopes to something like:

Code:
  FX_ENV_NAME s/1/env@
FX_ENV_PARAM_NAME  s/1/envparam@
FX_ENV_VALUE n/1/enval@
Gmanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:48 AM   #665
zvukofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanti View Post
Would it please be possible to map the selected track's active automation envelopes to something like:

Code:
  FX_ENV_NAME s/1/env@
FX_ENV_PARAM_NAME  s/1/envparam@
FX_ENV_VALUE n/1/enval@
Maybe you do not understand it right.
All envelopes are just "recorded" parameters.
You can write/read it via OSC just by FX parameter address.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:30 AM   #666
Gmanti

Hi zvukofor,

I want to be able to write to the active envelopes for each track.. The reason for this is that it will be different fx parameters on different plugins each time..

I have attached pictures to demonstrate..

I currently have a generic OSC Plugin page (first image) that maps the relevant parameters from that plugin, but I want it to map to the active envelopes (thus ignoring which plugin it is from)..

The second image demonstrates how for track '1' would map

macro 1: Feedback - Massive
macro 2: Peak - FF Micro
macro 3: Filter one freq - Volcano
macro 4 : Band 1 Drive - Saturn

and when selected, track 'blue' would then map the same dials

macro 1: Attack - transient shaper
macro 2: Sustain - transient
macro 3: Attack - c1 comp
macro 4: Louder - one knob louder
Attached Images
File Type: png rsz_1rsz_oscfx.png (35.0 KB, 405 views)
File Type: png rsz_screen_shot_2016-06-07_at_125320.png (53.4 KB, 398 views)

Last edited by Gmanti; 06-07-2016 at 05:33 AM. Reason: one attachment failure
Gmanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:49 PM   #667
zvukofor

OK, now i understand what you mean.
Some kind of Ableton Live' macro track controls or assigned FX controls, right?

Well, it is not implemented exactly the same way in Reaper, but you have "track controls" parameters that can be assigned to any VST/AU parameters, but unfortunately we have no way to control them via OSC directly...but that could be a great feature for "generic controllers".

It is a good idea to have direct control via OSC for "track controls".

Something like this:
TRACK_CONTROL_NAME s/ch@/trcontrol@/content
TRACK_CONTROL_VALUE n/ch@/trcontrol@/x
TRACK_CONTROL_VALUE s/ch@/trcontrol@/content
Old 08-15-2016, 12:44 AM   #668
mainframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post

+1

Especially the last feature, "show" only the tracks visible in MCP. To me this is crucial to making a good controller. This is where the Klinke plugin with a BCF20000 still has the upper hand on OSC.
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:10 AM   #669
mainframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
There is no sense of a currently active track send, or currently active track send bank. NUM_SENDS in the config file is used only as a way to limit the amount of feedback REAPER sends.
This is a bit of a shame. It would make a lot of sense in my opinion to have this implemented. You could use this feature to heavily optimize the screen space on smaller devices. I often have 4+ sends on a track but rarely need access to all of them at the same time. 2 active ones would be more then enough so banking through them would be a perfect solution (DEVICE_PREV_SEND; DEVICE_NEXT_SEND and DEVICE_PREV_SEND_BANK; DEVICE_NEXT_SEND_BANK).
Is it too complicated to implement because the send slots in Reaper are not fixed?
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #670
catman69bitcoin

Default Latch Preview in OSC

Latch Preview is a really nice addition. No corresponding Latch Preview action was added to the default OSC config file.

Is that something I can add myself?

A workaround would be to arm / disarm or bypass individual fx envelopes via OSC, but it doesn't look like this functionality is available either.

Thoughts?
catman69bitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #671
airon

Can you trigger actions via the numeric codes perhaps ?

I use Latch Preview hundreds of times a day. It would be strange for this to be excluded from use in OSC.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #672
N2NPro

Try creating a custom cycle action and use it's ID to trigger your modes via a button/switch on your controller. I do this for a few things with my setup.
Good luck!
N2N
N2NPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #673
catman69bitcoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Can you trigger actions via the numeric codes perhaps ?

I use Latch Preview hundreds of times a day. It would be strange for this to be excluded from use in OSC.
The other modes are covered in the default config file, but as far as I can tell the OSC config hasn't caught up with the newest version of Reaper. So Latch Preview was left out.
catman69bitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:13 AM   #674
zvukofor

Not only new functions lacking from OSC implementation, still NONE of above really useful and needed commands/operations are still not implemented. Which is damn bad.

I understand that the OSC users are a minority here, but hey, we can make a good general controllers with good implementation, getting more people to use Reaper, and making overall useability of a DAW much better! I do a lot of things from my OSC controller just because it is the only possible way to do it fast, without mouse cursors and menu commands!

Justin, please, give us some attention!
Old 03-05-2017, 06:21 AM   #675
flipotto

Yes, please some OSC attention.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:03 AM   #676
michail03

Default No feedback WETDRY

FX_WETDRY receives by Reaper, but NOT sending to the device, REAPER 5.4
michail03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:12 AM   #677
airon

Bug Report

Reaper v5.40 x64 Windows7x64
Serious inconsistency.

SELECTED tracks control works for track volume and send x(1-...) mute.

SELECTED tracks control does not work for send x volume (TRACK_SEND_VOLUME n/track/send/@/volume).
It only affects the last selected track, which is inconsistent.

I do suggest send volume behaves as the others do.

This would make it consistent to other OSC commads as well as how it works for midi-triggered send volume levels(and all the other stuff that works on selected tracks).

How to verify
I made a Lemur project, a very simple one, to provide control over selected tracks. It is available here and it includes a screeenshot and Reaper OSC config in the ZIP file:
https://stash.reaper.fm/31087/OSC_Le...rack_Sends.zip

Last edited by airon; 07-09-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:08 AM   #678
airon

Request

For Reaper 4.5+
Reaper OSC config
OSC command for SEND MUTE toggle and feedback

Suggested command
TRACK_SEND_MUTE t/track/send/@/mute t/track/@/send/@/mute
Uses
So far, feedback only consists of Mixer view in Reaper(does anyone keep a send window or I/O window open?).

This would enable feedback to any OSC capable device.

We can trigger mute toggles for sends already, but the lack of feedback severely hampers confidence since tablet devices have no physical feedback.

As the Mackie Control Universal control surface plugin does not support sends in any way, and Klinkes cannot automate them, I built myself a little OSC page in Lemur, which can be seen here.

The send mutes lack feedback. It's just an oversight I'm sure, but it sure has been one for a long time now. So how about adding send mutes to OSC ?
Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #679
mccrabney

request - osc status updates telling us whether or not the input quantizer is on
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:16 AM   #680
KL_VA

Hey guys,

I have the following problem while controlling reaper via osc:
When I send: /track/1/name "test" nothing happen...
I can see the message coming correctly to the "Listen"-Window in the Control Surface Settings. The string I can see there is: /track/1/name (s) "test". I would guess that´s the correct one, but I dont now, why the track isn´t renamed.
My device also gets no string input from reaper...integer and floats are working well.
Can anyone help me? maybe it is a bug?
KL_VA is offline   Reply With Quote