Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #1
pedx1ng
Human being with feelings

Default TouchOSC - how to top-align inserts on channel strip page?

Hi,

I got TouchOSC going using the LogicPad layout and it seems to be working fine. I have even managed to tweak one of the pages more to my liking. There is one nitpick I have with it though in that the inserts on the channel strip page show up incorrectly.

The way it should display is to list each insert from top to bottom, 1-12. However, it is filling up from the bottom to the top. The TouchOSC editor is using a multi-toggle element to control insert bypass, and another multi-toggle element with exclusive toggle, to control which insert is open for editing. I just can't figure out how to get it to send values in the opposite direction. There doesn't seem to be an option to invert the direction the values are presented from in those elements.

I thought of maybe converting the use of a single multi-toggle to 12 separate push-buttons for each insert, but then I think I'd break the insert select mechanism.

I've attached an image showing the issue. Zebra2 is at the bottom, and right above it is Uhbik-A, when in fact the way they are listed in REAPER is Zebra2 is first in the chain and Uhbik-A follows.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg touchosc_inserts.jpg (52.2 KB, 398 views)

Last edited by pedx1ng; 04-12-2014 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Forgot attachment
pedx1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #2
pedx1ng

OK, it turns out using separate toggles works fine. The caveat is that you can toggle inserts which aren't even in use but that's not a big deal. I prefer having the inserts listed from top to bottom.

I modified the LogicPad layout for my own use. I use an iPad Mini, so I wanted a page with large faders for controlling FX parameters. I also removed the EQ page because I generally use Pro-Q. Anyway, I'll attach the layout here in case anyone wants to try it.

Channel Strip:

FX faders:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ReaPadMini_v0.5.zip (9.3 KB, 307 views)

Last edited by pedx1ng; 04-13-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Small bugfix
pedx1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
mathurgood

Default Nine Years Later...

Not sure if you'll see this as 9 years have elapsed but... Genius! Thank you so much for the layout - I've been struggling with the same issue (order of inserts) for the past few days. Your solution works perfectly and I much prefer your FX param pages over the original LogicPad layout. You are a gentleman and a scholar!

All the best
mathurgood is offline   Reply With Quote