Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 12-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #81
Klinke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeru View Post
It seems like Action mode does what I am looking for with the VPOTs, especially if MIDI CC is set to Relative Mode. Is it at all possible to get this functionality on the faders? It would be impossible to play keyboard while also moving 2 or 3 vpots, but would work perfectly for faders.

Looking forward to any help with this,
kaeru

EDIT:
reference to action mode on page 15, at the bottom:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...nke_manual.pdf
I got the idea, but to be honest, as long as not other users jump in and want the same feature, I will not implement this, even when I find some more time again for the extension. This isn't a change I could do in five minutes, sorry.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:27 PM   #82
kaeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I got the idea, but to be honest, as long as not other users jump in and want the same feature, I will not implement this, even when I find some more time again for the extension. This isn't a change I could do in five minutes, sorry.
Hi Klinke ! I am sorry I didn't mean to sound like I wanted you to implement specifically what I needed ! I thank you very much for all your work and especially for the reply clarifying things for me ! Now I know I just need to shop around for a control surface with the intention of leaving it in midi mode. I wish you and everyone else very happy holidays !
kaeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #83
George Gargalas

Default Problem with the surface(Nanokontrol 2)

Quote:
I have just updated the Mackie Control extension and suggest all users to update to this version. It does not contain new features (beside a more official support of the 2nd controller hack), but different improvements and bug fixes, an improved manual and a lot of new FX maps.
You can find the update in the download section of the bitbucket repository:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker..._mcu/downloads

And I want to use the opportunity to announce that I do not plan to invest a lot of time into the extension in the future. Currently I'm involved in a live playing/improvisation oriented project and therefore I'm using Usine in combination with an own Looper-Software, which I'm currently developing. So the development of the MCU extension is cut down to only important issues (like this update ;-)).
How you install Klinke control surface on Mac? i follow the instructions nad paste the folder of klinke in plugins folder but i cant' t find the Mackie Control Universal, (Klinke) in the control surface(Mac)
George Gargalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #84
Klinke

Unfortunately the extension works only with windows.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #85
keviny

Hi there,

I just bought a used Mackie Control Universal (non-pro) and have run into some issues. Not sure if some of these are hardware or Reaper or Klinke-related. If anyone has run into these, please feel free to let me know. I've also made a video demonstrating my issues here: https://youtu.be/H2shRHxw9Tc

Issues w/ MCU (non-pro) firmware v2.1.2 (connected via MIDI to
USB cable) in Reaper running Klinke v0.8.3.4
-------------------

1. On Reaper startup, text is garbled (remnants of "REAPER! Initializing... please wait..." message)

2. Faders don't all snap to their current DAW position. Have to manually use the 'Channel' button on MCU to scroll through each channel to "refresh" its position.

3. Buttons (mute, rec, solo, etc) don't all always correlate. Same solution as above, although sometimes it still doesn't fix.

4. Master fader doesn't snap on load. Since you can't use the 'Channel' button for the master fader, only way to update it is to touch it on MCU or in the DAW.

5. Unity on Mackie = ~+1.5db on Reaper (could be a Klinke or Reaper or hardware issue)

6. Group read doesn't move fader (could be a Klinke issue)

Thanks in advance for any help!
keviny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #86
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviny View Post
Hi there,

I just bought a used Mackie Control Universal (non-pro) and have run into some issues. Not sure if some of these are hardware or Reaper or Klinke-related. If anyone has run into these, please feel free to let me know. I've also made a video demonstrating my issues here: https://youtu.be/H2shRHxw9Tc

Issues w/ MCU (non-pro) firmware v2.1.2 (connected via MIDI to
USB cable) in Reaper running Klinke v0.8.3.4
-------------------

1. On Reaper startup, text is garbled (remnants of "REAPER! Initializing... please wait..." message)

2. Faders don't all snap to their current DAW position. Have to manually use the 'Channel' button on MCU to scroll through each channel to "refresh" its position.

3. Buttons (mute, rec, solo, etc) don't all always correlate. Same solution as above, although sometimes it still doesn't fix.

4. Master fader doesn't snap on load. Since you can't use the 'Channel' button for the master fader, only way to update it is to touch it on MCU or in the DAW.

5. Unity on Mackie = ~+1.5db on Reaper (could be a Klinke or Reaper or hardware issue)

6. Group read doesn't move fader (could be a Klinke issue)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi,
Not sure, but that sounds like the midi USB cable. If you can borrow some sort of real midi interface, it would nail it down.
Except for your # 5... I've seen discrepencys also.
Also a midi feedback loop would show those issues also, but I don't know how that would happen in your setup.
Hth
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #87
studer58

Quote:
A Reaper extension (and therefore a Reaper Control Surface) is not a VST plugin, you copied into the wrong folder. RTFM more precise, especially the installation section ;-)
from the manual:"To install the extension download unpack the zip–archiv in the plugin directory of REAPER"

?
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #88
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
from the manual:"To install the extension download unpack the zip–archiv in the plugin directory of REAPER"

?
Hi,
Not the vst plug in folder. The plug in folder in Reaper folder.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:34 AM   #89
studer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Not the vst plug in folder. The plug in folder in Reaper folder.
That worked...Thank you !
Old 06-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #90
nofish

Could anyone please check if the "Marker mode" is working for him with Klinke 0.8.3.4 ?

From the manual:

Quote:
4.3 REWIND and FFWD
The REWIND & Fast Fwd (FFWD) Button can be set in Mode "Normal", "Marker" or "Nudge"
(note that the Nudge Mode has not been implemented). When R EWIND or FFWD is pressed in
combination with the MARKER or NUDGE button, the MCU will automatically switch back to the
original mode after you release the MARKER/NUDGE button.

4.3.2 Marker-Mode
• REWIND/F FWD: Previous/Next marker
Jump to previous/next marker isn't working for me somehow, but I'm not sure if it's because of my BCR mapping.

edit:
Solved. It was my mapping that was wrong.

Details (in case anyone cares...):

Originally I had my "Marker" button assigned to A# 5 (nr. 82) which according to this chart is "Marker" on the MCU.

http://web.archive.org/web/200801260...ules/MCMap.htm

When trying included Klinke action "Marker (key)" I noticed that jumping to previous/next marker worked correctly, so it probably had to be my mapping that was wrong.

Thankfully in the action list can be seen in "Command ID" which note number is triggered by an action (Just noticed this now. Nice one, Klinke ) so assigning my button to C 6 (nr. 84) did the trick. In the linked MCU chart that's labaled with "< Frame" which means "Nudge" I guess. No idea why assigning to "Marker" didn't work (maybe that chart is wrong ?) but doesn't matter.

Last edited by nofish; 06-09-2017 at 06:01 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #91
orbiterred

anyone else using the faderport 8 with klinke?

i've got it up and running, just not sure how to get stuff like folder/anchor tracks etc... working (or if it's even possible)
orbiterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:45 AM   #92
Kad974

Always not OSX version
Kad974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #93
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Could anyone please check if the "Marker mode" is working for him with Klinke 0.8.3.4 ?

From the manual:

Jump to previous/next marker isn't working for me somehow, but I'm not sure if it's because of my BCR mapping.

edit:
Solved. It was my mapping that was wrong.

Details (in case anyone cares...):

Originally I had my "Marker" button assigned to A# 5 (nr. 82) which according to this chart is "Marker" on the MCU.

http://web.archive.org/web/200801260...ules/MCMap.htm

When trying included Klinke action "Marker (key)" I noticed that jumping to previous/next marker worked correctly, so it probably had to be my mapping that was wrong.

Thankfully in the action list can be seen in "Command ID" which note number is triggered by an action (Just noticed this now. Nice one, Klinke ) so assigning my button to C 6 (nr. 84) did the trick. In the linked MCU chart that's labaled with "< Frame" which means "Nudge" I guess. No idea why assigning to "Marker" didn't work (maybe that chart is wrong ?) but doesn't matter.

Hi no fish,
I think the chart is wrong. I used some text from a file in the stock MCU surf in reaper. I'll look what file that is exactly.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:58 AM   #94
Kawin

Default how to install this for presonus faderport v2?? please help!!

i read a forum saying that this one makes the faderport v2 works with reaper.

i dont know how this works and how to install this.. please help!!
Kawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:14 PM   #95
alexandre

Hi Klinke!

First, thank you very much for your work! I really enjoy using this plugin with my Icon Qcon Pro G2.

I do have one problem with my jog wheel though: When I move it slowly, then the cursor moves as it should. But when I move the wheel faster, the cursor stops moving. I do not have this problem using the standard mcu mode inside Reaper nor using other software.

When I move the wheel slowly, the controller sends: CC60 ch1 value 1. The faster I move the wheel, the higher the value (max value=8). Maybe the plugin only listens to CC60 value 1 and ignores the message with a value greater than 1?

Thank you for any help!
alexandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #96
matv

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
Hi Klinke!

First, thank you very much for your work! I really enjoy using this plugin with my Icon Qcon Pro G2.

I do have one problem with my jog wheel though: When I move it slowly, then the cursor moves as it should. But when I move the wheel faster, the cursor stops moving. I do not have this problem using the standard mcu mode inside Reaper nor using other software.

When I move the wheel slowly, the controller sends: CC60 ch1 value 1. The faster I move the wheel, the higher the value (max value=8). Maybe the plugin only listens to CC60 value 1 and ignores the message with a value greater than 1?

Thank you for any help!
Happens to me too with Touchdaw
matv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #97
alexandre

I think the intended operation while moving the wheel fast (higher value) would be to move the transport in bigger steps accordingly.

I do have another issue with the level meter on my Qcon Pro G2: With level meter active in the config the meter LEDs are working but I have "||||||" written at the first row for each channel on the LCD strip. When moving the fader the attenuation value is shown and sometimes it goes back to "||||||" and sometimes the value stays in an unpredictable way.
When switching off metering, the value at the LCD is always shown as it should be, but the meter is not working.
Also the metering seems to react very slowly, more like a level meter than a peak meter. This is irritating as it does not match the meter of the mixer.

Is there a way to use dual pan? For example using the vpot for adjusting L, SHIFT+vpot for R?

I would really like to see the option to switch vpot and fader while in plugin mode. I know you already wrote that is like it should be, but sometimes it is just more intuitive to move knobs like tweaking compressor times.

And of course send level automation, I hope to see this in future!
alexandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 AM   #98
Klinke

I have added issues for the jog wheel and level meter problem, and for the dual pan request in the issue tracker: https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...ew&status=open, so there is hope that I will work on this somewhen.

But I will not change the plugin mode fader/vpot behaviour, that's too much work for something I'm not convinced of.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:06 AM   #99
Icchan

Quote:
But I will not change the plugin mode fader/vpot behaviour, that's too much work for something I'm not convinced of.
Good thing it's open source... as long as you take pull requests.
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:50 PM   #100
Mottemania

OMG, I just dusted my FW-1884 off and tried Klinke. Damn, Junge! That thing is amazing.

There are no LCDs on the Tascam and I don't have this SoftLCD App.
So now I somehow try to change the settings blindy, which is ... well not working well.

Is there any way to see the Settings I'm changing?

For me somehow Pot 1/2 and 3/4 and so on are changing the same settings....
Mottemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #101
Klinke

I really suggest to install a virtual mackie display. But beside this, yes Pot 1/2 etc. are changing the same setting, i needed more characters in the display to be useful, and also you can press the Pots on the original MCU, and the odd Pots decreases the setting while the even Pots increases.

You can check the tables in the manual for the settings, as you can see there are max. 4 settings per table, so the first setting can be changed with vpot 1/2, the second setting with vpot 3/4 ...
Old 03-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #102
Mottemania

Damn, I didn't even know that the driversoftware already installed a virtual display, because it isnt in the "new programs". But a user from gearsluts posted the path: C:\Windows\System32\SoftLcd.exe

That was a tricky one.

So know I can really do something. Thanks again!
Mottemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #103
tomo34

Hi Klinke, when I save project with "punch-in ON" (drop button above transport) for recording, then close Reaper and open the same project again, I need every time set "punch-in" again. Can you improve this to save "punch-in" setting in Reaper project?
tomo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #104
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo34 View Post
Hi Klinke, when I save project with "punch-in ON" (drop button above transport) for recording, then close Reaper and open the same project again, I need every time set "punch-in" again. Can you improve this to save "punch-in" setting in Reaper project?
Yeah, that's footnote 16 in the manual. At the time I developed this, I didn't found a better solution, but it's likely that the Reaper API has improved also for this. I have created an issue in the tracker, and will check what's possible.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #105
Jae.Thomas

I have the x-touch compact and can only control the first 8 faders - the layer button does nothing... is there someting im missing
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:57 AM   #106
uksnowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
I think the intended operation while moving the wheel fast (higher value) would be to move the transport in bigger steps accordingly.

I do have another issue with the level meter on my Qcon Pro G2: With level meter active in the config the meter LEDs are working but I have "||||||" written at the first row for each channel on the LCD strip. When moving the fader the attenuation value is shown and sometimes it goes back to "||||||" and sometimes the value stays in an unpredictable way.
When switching off metering, the value at the LCD is always shown as it should be, but the meter is not working.
I echo the above. It would be nice if these //// could be turned off without affecting the meters. However, it is a bit of a first world problem and not a show stopper.

I must congratulate you Klinke. Your driver has completely changed, for the better, my experience with my controller in Reaper. Thank you.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:54 PM   #107
themixtape

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but is there any way to make the jog wheel (of the original MCU, not the "Pro" version) scrub by MEASURE? It seems it aligns to the start of each measure every three measures, with every turn (counter-clockwise or clockwise). Kind of useless when you want to just jog quickly from measure 16 to say, 24. I could use markers but I would much prefer to use the jog wheel.

Thanks guys! And thank you Klinke for the great Reaper functionality!
Old 05-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #108
Steviekeys

Hi klinke, I am using version 8.3.4 (latest version?) with a Behring X Touch one and the extra functionality is nice, but the signal meters on channels 4-8 don't work properly. (The same happens with reaper native MCU) Any Ideas? Is it a compatibility thing or a defective unit?
Firmware 1.15 BTW

Thanks
Steviekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:33 AM   #109
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviekeys View Post
Hi klinke, I am using version 8.3.4 (latest version?) with a Behring X Touch one and the extra functionality is nice, but the signal meters on channels 4-8 don't work properly. (The same happens with reaper native MCU) Any Ideas? Is it a compatibility thing or a defective unit?
Firmware 1.15 BTW

Thanks
There are some problems with the level meters when you solo a parent track (the child tracks level meters are not shown in this case), but if you have a flat track layout and the signal meters of channel 4-8 don't work, then it's likely a defective unit.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #110
Julacho

Merci Beaucoup. ça fonctionne parfaitement avec la Behringer XTOUCH one.
Julacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:29 AM   #111
plant-on

Quote:
At the time I wrote the extension the Reaper API did not allow to automate the Sends in the same way as the Volume and I didn't found an easy way to do this. The API has changed a lot since then, but I'm currently do not plan to study those changes as I will do in the nearer future only bugfix updates.
I would so love if this was fixed.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?
plant-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:56 AM   #112
plant-on

Stumbled up on this https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...46&postcount=6

Perhaps klinke has something in the works?
plant-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:11 AM   #113
motorhode

Just wanted to say thanks to Klinke for this plugin.
I have an Avid Artis Mix control, and the Solo buttons did not light up when tracks were in solo mode when I used the Mackie Control that comes with Reaper. But with the Klinke Mackie Control the problem was solved.
Thanks!
motorhode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:28 AM   #114
motorhode

On the Avid Artist Mix control I can hold a shift button and touch a fader to reset it to default position (0 dB), just like double clicking the fader with the mouse directly in Reaper. But the Avid Artist Mix sets it to +2.94 dB instead of 0 dB.
Any ideas how to fix that?
motorhode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #115
studer58

Is Klinke mod able to respond to these new view variations ?: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=11
Old 09-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #116
themixtape

Quick question even though it seems Klinke abandoned the whole thing (we love you, thank you for your work!!!)

Is there any way to change code/modify the jog wheel so it jogs by MEASURE (equally) instead of lining up at the start of a measure basically every 3 measures (in Scrub mode)? I would much prefer a measure-by-measure jog as everything I do is to a click and often live-recording-as-I-go... hip-hop, etc.

Anyone who has used the general Mackie Control Universal protocol knows that when scrubbing, it lines up on measure 4, 7, 10, etc...

Please let me know, thanks so much!
Old 09-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #117
pepe44

Hi, Thanks for the hard work, really nice piece of software. Shame that reaper is the only DAW i´ve tested using the X Touch Universal that has less control over the eq´s plugins, etc.
Quick question, when i quit reaper the surface stays in its normal working position, is there any option to reset on reaper quit ?
Thanks
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #118
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Quick question even though it seems Klinke abandoned the whole thing (we love you, thank you for your work!!!)

Is there any way to change code/modify the jog wheel so it jogs by MEASURE (equally) instead of lining up at the start of a measure basically every 3 measures (in Scrub mode)? I would much prefer a measure-by-measure jog as everything I do is to a click and often live-recording-as-I-go... hip-hop, etc.

Anyone who has used the general Mackie Control Universal protocol knows that when scrubbing, it lines up on measure 4, 7, 10, etc...

Please let me know, thanks so much!
Does anyone know how to achieve this? There's got to be a way. Even in the Klinke manual, it says it jogs by bar or beat, depending on the zoom level. I can't get it to scrub or jog by bar, no matter the zoom level.

To clarify, when there's a time selection... it does exactly that (beat or bar, depending on the zoom level).. but that's only setting the time selection range. What I am trying to do is get the cursor to move by bar, in jog or scrub mode. It scrubs and aligns by bar, every THREE bars. Zero point, bar 4, bar 7, bar 10, etc. Driving me crazy. Any help is appreciated!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Last edited by themixtape; 09-17-2019 at 01:04 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:28 PM   #119
poetnprophet

I don't know the answer to this, but I do know if you setup your surface with CSI, you can define whatever you want that's available in reaper. So for instance, in this case I do (well, I did before) have my jog wheel set to move every measure. As long as I was already snapped, it will just move to the start of each measure.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #120
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Even in the Klinke manual, it says it jogs by bar or beat, depending on the zoom level.
No, it doesn't say that.

4.2 Jog Wheel
The Jog Wheel’s behaviour can be modifier with the MODIFIER buttons:
• SHIFT: move Time Region start
• OPTION: move Time Region end
• CONTROL: move Loop start
• ALT: move Loop end
The movement depends on the Zoom level and the status of the SCRUB button. If SCRUB is
off, the position will move one bar or beat, if SCRUB is on, the position will be moved by the time
that is equivalent to two pixel in the REAPER GUI.

This behaviour refers to the Jogwheel + modifiers, which control the Region and Loop starts and ends.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote