Old 05-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
ChrisBlue
Human being with feelings

Default Panorama P1

Has anyone else experienced problems with the Nektar P1 ( or 4, 6) sticking in Internal mode when used with Reaper, I have fixed it once with help from Nektar but the problem just seems to come back gradually until eventually it won't work again. The changes I made in the MIDI control surfaces and Devices haven't changed from when I got it working but the thing isn't working now.
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
TheMaartian

I never found the Reaper (or Bitwig) s/w interfaces from Nektar to be stable. I got tired of hard resetting my P6. The Nektar tech support guy I dealt with claimed to have ALL of their DAW-specific drivers loaded, with no issues. Whatever. Never was reliable for me, and bank switching never worked. And we'll never see another update, either.

Their interfaces for the new LX+ series might be better, but I'll never know.

I stick to Internal mode, and do it all myself.

In SONAR, I use AZSlow's ACT controller.
TheMaartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:55 PM   #3
4x4uk

never had an issue with my P1 ever.
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:25 AM   #4
Kypresso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaartian View Post
And we'll never see another update, either.
Why did you write this?

Do you have some actual information that they wont update ever again ?
Kypresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
TheMaartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kypresso View Post
Why did you write this?

Do you have some actual information that they wont update ever again ?
The core driver hasn't seen an update since Sep. 2015. While their download site claims that Cubase, Reaper, Bitwig and Reason don't need that driver, they, in fact, do. It's just included in the download package.

I'll admit that they posted an update for Bitwig when v2 was released, but nothing for any of the other DAW-specific releases.

As noted above, the core driver is almost 2 years old, and they haven't added any other DAW-specific packages.

It seems to me that they get enough going at product launch to sell the product, and then move on to the next product generation. I haven't seen them going back to existing products and put much/any effort into them (kind of PreSonus-like).

I was using Studio One when I bought my P6, and never got parts of it to work properly. And then I switched to SONAR, and had to map everything from scratch. No help from Nektar there.

So, no, I don't know anything specific, just a couple of years of experience with the P6 and an educated guess.
TheMaartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:09 AM   #6
atommachine

My P1 works really well and i jump to internal or Daw specific modes such as Mixer ect. It is great for live sets as you can edit inserts really fast almost like a synth. Tip...if you don,t want a click on track mutes put a vst on the first chain of the effects and turn it on or off in insert mode. you an use two P1s together on different effects as long as there on the same track. Brilliant controller.
atommachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:08 AM   #7
ChrisBlue

thanks for replies. I seem to be able to get into transport mode etc if I unplug P1, close reaper, plug P1 in and open Reaper. As long as it works....
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #8
Svama

For me the panorama adjustments (like Insert fx and volume) don't feel smooth. E.g. Reaeq, the encoders do 50 Until 100Hz jumps. I'd like to see 1Hz steps by adjusting it via encoder. The volume steps are 4 until 5 dB. Like to see 0.1 dB. Nektar says it's a Reaper problem and they can't do nothing. Do you have workarounds for these behaviours?

Last edited by Svama; 06-10-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Svama is offline   Reply With Quote