Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #81
steveo42
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbles View Post
before I raise a bug report, has anyone else here with an MCU found that the calibration is now off when using reaper 4?

0dB on the reaper mixer channels seems to be translating to about -6dB across the board on the mackie now, regardless of whether I'm using klinke's plugin, or the built in control surface driver... things...

and the fader behaviour / scaling seems to be out as well...

???
I'll be back at the studio on Sunday and will check for you. I'm remote right now
steveo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #82
AndyW

Location: now i live in Germany, but i am original from Czech Republic
Default Klinke

Hi, I hope you are back from holiday.

I would like know, if is possible connect your plugin to the virutal midi patch cable. I tried it, used this http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/loopMIDI.html (midi yoke, that i like, unfortunately doesn't work with reaper 64), but midi monitor shown nothing when i moved with controls on the reaper.
I already started with develop mcu display for bcf2000 with integrated remapping functionality.
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #83
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbles View Post
before I raise a bug report, has anyone else here with an MCU found that the calibration is now off when using reaper 4?
Calibration is just about perfect on mine with Reaper 4 and Mackie firmware v4.0.2.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #84
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
can you please for now add the normal keyboard shortcut for button "name/values " if will be "use keyboard modifier" in setting of plugin selected ?
i don't know which button you can use for it, because many of buttons has some functionality in REAPER already, but i am sure we can found some available.
I check the material that you linked and send you my email by pm, for source code. i can manage the git, if you want. next week i will have time.
Okay, i think about it (i think i could use the left shift button for the MCU SHIFT button and the right shift button as NAME/VALUES replacement).

Regarding the source code: It need some modification/improvments before i want to upload the source code. But i will send you the source code in a few minutes.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #85
Klinke

Quote:
Hi, I hope you are back from holiday.

I would like know, if is possible connect your plugin to the virutal midi patch cable. I tried it, used this http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/loopMIDI.html (midi yoke, that i like, unfortunately doesn't work with reaper 64), but midi monitor shown nothing when i moved with controls on the reaper.
I already started with develop mcu display for bcf2000 with integrated remapping functionality.
When you move the controls in the Reaper GUI, MIDI events are only generated from the extension, when the control surface must be updated. This should work also with a virtual midi patch, but i havn't tried it myself.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #86
AndyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
When you move the controls in the Reaper GUI, MIDI events are only generated from the extension, when the control surface must be updated. This should work also with a virtual midi patch, but i havn't tried it myself.
i think so, it should work, but i was playing with this, and in midi monitor is nothing. I also tried another midi control surface plugins, and those even didn't allow use virtual midi patch as midi output.

i guess, if i connect two different midi patch, i call it toKlinke and fromKlinke, as midi input (toKlinke) and output (fromKlinke) to your plugin and
start midi monitor with fromKlinke as input, it should show messages when i move in reaper with volume of the one track. but it do nothing.
tomorrow i try another midi monitor, maybe is problem in this.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #87
nofish

Hi AndyW,

I can confirm what Klinke says.
I have just tested this myself.

I set up
In Reaper: Klinke plugin -> out to Midi Yoke1
In Midi-Ox: in from Midi Yoke1

Here's the data I get when I move Reaper's faders

(actually there are more CC's continiously outputted but I filtered them from the display)

So there must be something wrong with your setup I think.
Hope this helps.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #88
AndyW

thanks, that exactly i did, but i used not midi yoke (as i wrote), because it doesn't work on win 64 and reaper 64.
now i trying plgoue bidule and works perfect (this software is primary for something different, but has also support for midi and audio routing and monitoring). unfortunately is only evulation version
Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #89
nofish

Follow-up question to Klinke:

I noticed in this test that when using your plugin there are much more CC's outputted than when I use Reaper's own MCU plugin.

Out of curiosity, is this expected ?
Is this of the extended functions perhaps ?

Not that I have any problems with your plugin currently, works great.
Just wondering.

for comparison:
(this is without moving any controls in Reaper)

your plugin:

Reaper's MCU plugin:

Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #90
AndyW

i guess, there is many of blinking led and this can be messages for it. but i don't know original plugin.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #91
Klinke

Without checking the MIDI events in detail, i think that's caused by showing the db Values of the fader while you touch it. Therefore i must update some characters on the display often.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:11 AM   #92
darbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Calibration is just about perfect on mine with Reaper 4 and Mackie firmware v4.0.2.

ns
after another evening of fiddling, and randomly changing fader shapes and values, upon the 20th or so random click of "default" it suddenly fixed itself - the fader range values changed to -60dB and 10dB... ? very strange.

back to the grindstone...
Old 09-11-2011, 03:58 AM   #93
muttlee

Hi Klinke,

Great job on your control surface for reaper. it going to be a huge help to the way a lot of us work. i;ve been trialing it with AC-7 core on an ipad for a while and i just got a BCR2000 to use with reaper as a dedicated vst controller and have started of with nofish's template.

Unfortunately reaper is crashing or hanging a lot when i do things like:
- pressing the resest button on the AC-7 (nearly always crashes reaper and normally means i need to restart the pc....oh the irony)
- pressing the plugin button and Alt+plugin on both the BCR and AC-7
- bring up other mcu menus have also given a few crashes

I've also found a few funny things...
- with the bcr2000 when the track volumes are on the second from the top encoders they move fine downwards but stutters on the way up. it doesnt do this when this row is flipped for pan
- with the bcr200 when u hit flip, so you are using the second from the top encoders, the pans move in the opposite direction to what is getting dialed
- when going back to mixing mode after being in the plugin mode, the track pan or volume (depending on where flip is) on the top row of encoders dont respond...if i got back to plugin mode, the knob is still worked on the C1 Low/Peak Ref button for the first encoder at the top

I'm running the lastest v4.02 reaper32 on win7 64 with your latest version.

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help!

Thanks again!
mutt

Last edited by muttlee; 09-11-2011 at 04:26 AM.
muttlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #94
Klinke

I can reproduce the crash when you press the Reset-button of the AC-7 software. Hopefully i will find some time this sunday to investigate a little more what is happen here.

Regarding the BCR "funny things" i can't help, i can't reproduce this problems with the MCU.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #95
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttlee View Post
i;ve been trialing it with AC-7 core on an ipad for a while and i just got a BCR2000 to use with reaper as a dedicated vst controller and have started of with nofish's template.
Cool to see some use of it.

Quote:

I've also found a few funny things...
- with the bcr2000 when the track volumes are on the second from the top encoders they move fine downwards but stutters on the way up. it doesnt do this when this row is flipped for pan
I don't experience this here.
Just a guess but could be due to the BCR's deadtime setting.
Have a look at this thread and see what's your current dead time is and try setting it higher for a test.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=70

Quote:

- with the bcr200 when u hit flip, so you are using the second from the top encoders, the pans move in the opposite direction to what is getting dialed
I experience the same here.
So far I always assumed it's just the way it's implemented, don't know.
Haven't found a workaround, I just don't use the flip mode because of this.

Quote:
- when going back to mixing mode after being in the plugin mode, the track pan or volume (depending on where flip is) on the top row of encoders dont respond...if i got back to plugin mode, the knob is still worked on the C1 Low/Peak Ref button for the first encoder at the top
If you're using my sysex for the BCR, I think I messed up some toggle/latch functions of the buttons. Meaning I have to press some buttons twice to exit a mode.
Not sure if this is the problem you have.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #96
muttlee

Thanks guys!!!

Klinke: is there any other way to open the mcu windows without using the control surface? it would be a very nice addition if we could make shortcuts for your mcu windows and then dock them in the Docker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Cool to see some use of it.

I don't experience this here.
Just a guess but could be due to the BCR's deadtime setting.
Have a look at this thread and see what's your current dead time is and try setting it higher for a test.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=70
Thank you!!! that fixed the problem

Quote:
I experience the same here.
So far I always assumed it's just the way it's implemented, don't know.
Haven't found a workaround, I just don't use the flip mode because of this.
The above fix got rid of the need to flip!

Quote:
If you're using my sysex for the BCR, I think I messed up some toggle/latch functions of the buttons. Meaning I have to press some buttons twice to exit a mode.
Not sure if this is the problem you have.
It sounds like it could be whats going on. Do know where i can find a list of the sysex mcu commands so i can try and hack it up

Cheers,
mutt
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #97
nofish

The Mackie protocol is all standard Midi commands (the display is done by sending sysex afaik, but haven't looked into that).

Here's a list which I also used for my preset:

http://web.archive.org/web/200801260...ules/MCMap.htm

And for convienience, Midi note names to numbers table for programming the BCR:

http://tomscarff.110mb.com/midi_anal...or_octaves.htm

btw, I did a little hack and now I can use the bottom 8 encoders of the BCR as sort of 'level meters' with Klinke's plugin (they follow the tracks which are currently controlled by the BCR).
Looks like this:

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/...evelmeters.mp4
Old 09-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #98
KevinW

Quote:
The Mackie protocol is all standard Midi commands (the display is done by sending sysex afaik, but haven't looked into that).

Here's a list which I also used for my preset:

http://web.archive.org/web/200801260...ules/MCMap.htm

And for convienience, Midi note names to numbers table for programming the BCR:

http://tomscarff.110mb.com/midi_anal...or_octaves.htm

btw, I did a little hack and now I can use the bottom 8 encoders of the BCR as sort of 'level meters' with Klinke's plugin (they follow the tracks which are currently controlled by the BCR).
Looks like this:

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/...evelmeters.mp4
This is interesting. I'm no programmer, so forgive this basic question: Does this mean that it's possible to change the button assignments on a BCF2000 when using Klinke's plugin? Specifically, I would like to change the button that currently "selects" a track to have it "solo" a track. And change the push of a V-pot so that becomes "select". It would seem that, assuming we know what Klinke's plugin is receiving, that we would just need to change the BCF to buttons/v-pots to send the desired command.

Any help in this regard would be great.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #99
nofish

I don't have a BFC but as I assume it's quite the same as the BCR, yes I think that's easily possible.

Just have a look at the table I linked to, the solo function for example is Midi notes G#-1 to D#0 (for the eight tracks).
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #100
KevinW

Quote:
I don't have a BFC but as I assume it's quite the same as the BCR, yes I think that's easily possible.

Just have a look at the table I linked to, the solo function for example is Midi notes G#-1 to D#0 (for the eight tracks).
I like that answer.

BUT. I know how to change the sysex of the BCF if I'm using it in a non-mackie emulation mode, using BC Manager. But how do I change it in an emulation mode, which (I assume) is required to get the functionality from Klinke's plugin. Or is that assumption incorrect? I have a feeling this could snowball into something bigger than I really need.

And since you don't have a BCF, it's likely not something you need, either. Still, any guidance is appreciated.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #101
nofish

That's the thing where the BCF and the BCR differ afaik.
In the BCR there's no emulation mode, the 'Mackie emulation' is just a normal preset programmed to do what the MCU does.

So the question would likely be:
Can you change single assignments if using the BCF emulation mode ?
If so, easy, just reprogram the buttons you want to have changed.

If not, I guess you'd have to build a new Mackie emulation preset from scratch with the assignments you want (would be a bit of work involved).
Sorry can't be of any more help here.

A good adress here is probably user 'musicbynumbers' who also uses a BCF in Mackie mode afaik.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #102
Klinke

Default v0.8.0.2 / known issue with recovery mode

I have just uploaded a new version:

v0.8.0.2
~~~~~~~~
- Fixed an incompatibility issue when used via Saitara AC-7 Core (iPad/iPhone Software)

You can download the complete archive with manual, maps etc. using the link from the first post (http://tinyurl.com/6664hym) or just the dll (nothing else has changed).

32bit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...mcu_klinke.dll

64bit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...klinke_x64.dll

Known issue
~~~~~~~~~~~
Nofish has reported crashes when a project is opened in recovery mode. I can reproduce this, but it's not easy to fix. So if you need to do this, first remove the MCU from your Control Surface settings, then open the project. Afterwards you can enable the MCU again.

Last edited by Klinke; 09-28-2011 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Links fixed
Old 09-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #103
muttlee

Hi Klinke,

I'm getting an error with the links you've posted

Would it be a big job your your to get your MCU visiablity saved with the project? Or do you think it could be something that could possibly be passed over to the SWS team?

Cheers,
mike
Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #104
AndyW

Default i am back

Klinke: did you already implement the button "name/values " for bcf users ?
i was couple of weeks out, because new born child
But next days, i can try start with your code and try do some small changes, but i really don't know, if i will be successful. but i start read the code a and try play with it.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #105
AndyW

Quote:
Hi Klinke,

if you download main link with zip, not only dll, it works.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #106
Klinke

Quote:
Hi Klinke,

Would it be a big job your your to get your MCU visiablity saved with the project? Or do you think it could be something that could possibly be passed over to the SWS team?

Cheers,
mike
I fixed the links. But what to you mean with MCU visiablity?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:47 AM   #107
Klinke

Quote:
Klinke: did you already implement the button "name/values " for bcf users ?
i was couple of weeks out, because new born child
But next days, i can try start with your code and try do some small changes, but i really don't know, if i will be successful. but i start read the code a and try play with it.
I will work next week on the extension, but i must admit, that the "name/value" problem isn't high on my priority list. It would help, uf you have a concrete and easy to implement FR. Or did you send me one and i just forgot it?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:56 AM   #108
AndyW

Quote:
I will work next week on the extension, but i must admit, that the "name/value" problem isn't high on my priority list. It would help, uf you have a concrete and easy to implement FR. Or did you send me one and i just forgot it?
i don't understand, what you mean "FR"
Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #109
Klinke

Quote:
i don't understand, what you mean "FR"
Feature Request
Old 09-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #110
AndyW

Quote:
Feature Request
we only discous about it.
FR: as other modifier keys are possible use from normal computer keyboard, we need "name/value" also in normal keyboard.

reason: because for bcf user is not possible use this button (no buton on bcf are mapped send this midi command), and because is important for configuration.

anyway, normal modifier keys i found all, but some with little bit gymnastic combination of keys presed, so its good we have it on the keyboard, but this "name/value" is not possible from bcf press.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #111
Klinke

Quote:
we only discous about it.
FR: as other modifier keys are possible use from normal computer keyboard, we need "name/value" also in normal keyboard.
Ah, i remember, the modifier key idea. I will take this into consideration.

Last edited by Klinke; 09-29-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #112
muttlee

Quote:
I fixed the links. But what to you mean with MCU visiablity?
Sorry, I was referring to the track settings editor.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #113
Klinke

Quote:
Sorry, I was referring to the track settings editor.
Okay, but everything you can edit in the track settings editor should already be saved with the project. Does this not work at all for you? Or only for a single element?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:57 AM   #114
d. gauss

i'm bit confused here. i have just acquired 3 bcf2000's and am seeking clarification before i go about mucking them up.

if i read correctly, the newest version of klinke's control will only control ONE bcf2000? is that correct?

however, an older version (v.06.4?) will control multiples? if so, where do i find the link for it? (seems i can only find v.08.2)

thanks in advance.
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #115
Klinke

v0.6.4 can be downloaded here: http://tinyurl.com/67qjt6y. And yes, it support multiple controller, but some modes (like for controlling the sends or fx parameter) are using only one of those controllers.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #116
yagonnawantthatcowbell

This plugin needs to be merged with the native plugin. Klinke, any plans to offer this code to Cockos so that it can be integrated into Reaper natively?
yagonnawantthatcowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #117
Klinke

The code uses the JUCE library for many different purposes, even a String in my Code is a JUCE::String instance. I don't think that the Cockos guys are willing to use the JUCE library in their products, and converting the code to WDL would be a hugh task.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #118
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
I use your prior version with two BCF2000s and have both set to just the main MCU model and don't use the extender version as it never worked with the BCF anyway so instead of having to write the extender part I would be happy with just an added option in the Reaper prefs for Bank offset and fader amount (since BCFs have 8 and not 9)

Hope that would make it easier and yes I'm willing to donate, ANYONE ELSE? roll up!!! roll up!!

like you, i just started using three bcf2000's set to main MCU v.0.6.4, so count me in, as the newest version won't let more than one instance run.
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #119
yagonnawantthatcowbell

Quote:
The code uses the JUCE library for many different purposes, even a String in my Code is a JUCE::String instance. I don't think that the Cockos guys are willing to use the JUCE library in their products, and converting the code to WDL would be a hugh task.
Ah, bummer.

Well, you know I'm always ready to make a donation if you know anyone that can translate it!
yagonnawantthatcowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #120
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss View Post
like you, i just started using three bcf2000's set to main MCU v.0.6.4, so count me in, as the newest version won't let more than one instance run.
And me and D.Gauss will donate for multiple controllers support!

But not much chance of getting you a second hand MCU since they are well in demand
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote