Old 10-18-2021, 06:19 AM   #121
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Man View Post
Thank you for the help so far. I just tried out the new file, and the "Track", "Edit Plugins", "Sends", and "Pan" buttons all seem to be non-functional.

I also just noticed when I press the "Macro" button, my display for my 8th track fader changes to read "FX" and it seems to be set to apply the last clicked FX parameter to my 8th fader. Which is kinda nice with my setup actually, unless I want to control multiple FX parameters at once.
Airon posted his CSI v1.1 FP16 files here:

https://stash.reaper.fm/43024/Faderport16_CSI_1.1.zip

I'd suggest trying those!
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:28 PM   #122
NsaintP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Did you update your CSI? The syntax changed when CSI went version 1.1. That could be why things aren't working.

If not that, then I'd suggest:

1. Post a screen print of your Reaper -> Preferences -> MIDI Devices (the Faderport should be disabled)

2. Post a screen print of your CSI device settings for the Faderport

3. Post the contents of your csi.ini

4. Post the contents of your Faderport zone folder

...we need to be able to see what you're seeing.

Thanks Funkybot. I tried reinstalling with the latest CSI from Reaper Stash released in Aug 2021. Still no luck. The scribble strips on my FP8 just say 'waiting for host' no matter what I do. I have a feeling it might be the Midi in and out in preferences/Midi Devices. The Faderport 8 is disabled, as per instructions. Which begs the question: What Midi device should be enabled? Or none at all?
Attached Files
File Type: ini CSI.ini (152 Bytes, 24 views)
File Type: zip Reaper FP8 Question.zip (154.2 KB, 25 views)
NsaintP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:19 PM   #123
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsaintP View Post
Thanks Funkybot. I tried reinstalling with the latest CSI from Reaper Stash released in Aug 2021. Still no luck. The scribble strips on my FP8 just say 'waiting for host' no matter what I do. I have a feeling it might be the Midi in and out in preferences/Midi Devices. The Faderport 8 is disabled, as per instructions. Which begs the question: What Midi device should be enabled? Or none at all?
Get rid of the Faderport.zon file. That's a CSI v1.0 file. Download the files Airon put together here:

...then try those out.

Otherwise, your settings look good.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:11 PM   #124
NsaintP

Quote:
Get rid of the Faderport.zon file. That's a CSI v1.0 file. Download the files Airon put together here:

...then try those out.

Getting closer but not there yet. I've replaced the .mst and .zon files with the Reaper Stash versions from Aug 2021. But now for whatever reason Presonus FP8 is showing up as 'not present' under Midi Devices so I can't actually select it within Midi Surface as Midi In and Midi Out. I just get blank boxes there with nothing to select.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Midi Not Present.zip (154.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 10-19-2021, 11:01 PM   #125
NsaintP

Quote:

...then try those out.

OK Funkybot - restarting the system seemed to get Presonus FP8 showing up again in Midi Devices. But still no connection! I'm about to nut! Just to be clear, when I start the FP8 by itself (Reaper not running) the Scribble Strips say 'Studio One' mode and 'waiting for host'. Then I start Reaper and the scribble strips go blank. After that, nothing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Midi Showing_FP8 Not Connecting.zip (102.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 10-20-2021, 06:13 AM   #126
Funkybot

Quote:
OK Funkybot - restarting the system seemed to get Presonus FP8 showing up again in Midi Devices. But still no connection! I'm about to nut! Just to be clear, when I start the FP8 by itself (Reaper not running) the Scribble Strips say 'Studio One' mode and 'waiting for host'. Then I start Reaper and the scribble strips go blank. After that, nothing.
Only thing that sticks out as odd to me is your Home page in CSI is called "Homepage_ReaperFollows." Try to rename it to just "Home" - everything else looks good to me assuming you're using Airon's file.

If you're still running into issues, please head over to the main CSI Device Setup thread and maybe someone else can figure out what's going on.

I'm assuming the Faderport works in other DAWs and the unit itself has been ruled out as the issue. A few people had some Behringer surfaces that needed replacing then suddenly everything worked on the replacement.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:13 PM   #127
NsaintP

Cool

Quote:
Only thing that sticks out as odd to me is your Home page in CSI is called "Homepage_ReaperFollows." Try to rename it to just "Home" - everything else looks good to me assuming you're using Airon's file.

If you're still running into issues, please head over to the main CSI Device Setup thread and maybe someone else can figure out what's going on.

I'm assuming the Faderport works in other DAWs and the unit itself has been ruled out as the issue. A few people had some Behringer surfaces that needed replacing then suddenly everything worked on the replacement.
I renamed the Home page 'Home' as suggested but to no avail. As for the unit itself being the source of the problem,I was using it daily a couple months ago so I think there is little chance something has gone wrong with the FP8. I tweaked the .zon file at some stage and when it stopped working I assumed I messed it up somehow. Thus I reinstalled everything and still no luck. I'll try the CSI Device setup thread and see how I go. Thanks anyway for your efforts Funkybot.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:09 AM   #128
NsaintP

Thumbs up

Quote:
I renamed the Home page 'Home' as suggested but to no avail. As for the unit itself being the source of the problem,I was using it daily a couple months ago so I think there is little chance something has gone wrong with the FP8. I tweaked the .zon file at some stage and when it stopped working I assumed I messed it up somehow. Thus I reinstalled everything and still no luck. I'll try the CSI Device setup thread and see how I go. Thanks anyway for your efforts Funkybot.

Update - I reinstalled CSI version 1.0 and it works. I'm glad! Not sure if the failure with 1.1 is on me or not. Will update again if I get 1.1 going.