Old 07-05-2021, 07:33 AM   #1
Mercado_Negro

Default v6.30+dev0705 - July 5 2021

v6.30+dev0705 - July 5 2021
  • * Includes feature branch: MIDI editor note reordering
  • * Includes feature branch: media item lanes
  • + ReaScript: fix SetEnvelopePointEx when used with automation items [p=2459830]
  • # VST3: fix possible bridging over-release of objects [p=2459810]
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
Old 07-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
Mercado_Negro

Thanks for fixing those VST3 bridging crashes. Those plugins aren't crashing anymore!

I guess Melodyne not working as a ARA plugin when it's bridged will be a "live with it" thing?
Old 07-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Thanks for fixing those VST3 bridging crashes. Those plugins aren't crashing anymore!

I guess Melodyne not working as a ARA plugin when it's bridged will be a "live with it" thing?
Yeah ARA and bridging are not yet supported (and might not ever be).
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:06 AM   #4
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Yeah ARA and bridging are not yet supported (and might not ever be).
No problem, thanks Justin!
Old 07-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
mplay
Human being with feelings

Hopefully it's not out of place, but if we can reorder the midi rows, I'd love to be able to color the rows individually.
mplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:57 PM   #6
MrTsonts

In this version, I observe the same -
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=47
MrTsonts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #7
daniellumertz

Just now I have seen the "offset overlapping media items vertically". Thanks a lot Schwa and Justin for keeping the old behaiviour with the new lanes! I really think they don't kill each other purpose.

I will be testing and will tell here if I find anything.

Just a question putting the offset as 100% in options the items still a little overlapping I am ok with that, Just wonder if we still can "go above that" and make like before with the "item header"(where is the volume, item name fx etc etc) not overlapping. I am ok if not, really good for my workflow.

Thanks thanks thanks!
daniellumertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:29 PM   #8
Dimson

If I use a new analysis loudness meter in the project, the action "FX: Show / hide track envelope for last touched FX parameter" does not work.
Dimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:18 PM   #9
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
v6.30+dev0705 - July 5 2021
[list][*] * Includes feature branch: MIDI editor note reordering
Getting back to the Note Editor Reordering for a moment. There are a lot of awkward aspects to the Note Editor view that may be worth looking at in relation to note names. Things like:

1. Double Right-Click to rename. Why not just double left-click? Single right-click auditions the note the same as single left-click, so it's not to prevent note-audition when that's enabled.

2. Once the right-click, gets cleared up, I think it would make a let of sense to create a Note Name Editor Right-Click Context Menu. Could have features listed like:
  • Load Note/CC names from file
  • Save Note/CC names from file
  • Clear Note/CC names
  • Separator
  • Rename current note
  • Clear current note name [Note #: Note Name]
  • Hide note [#] from view
  • Show all note rows
  • Restore original note order

...I think from a UI/ease of use Perspective, that is a much tidier way of managing this over the current approach.

3. I would love the ability to make the name name area wider in order to make more text visible.

4. After changing the note order, saving Custom Note names to file should save and restore the note order on load. Maybe we even need two Load actions: A) "Load note/CC names from file," and B) "Load note/CC names and note order from "file.

Since the files are basic .txt files, I'd hope that it would be relatively simple to append a note order # field to the end of each row that Reaper could read. If not present on a legacy file, no change. If present, and the user choses to load with note order, that's what gets loaded.

Last edited by Funkybot; 07-05-2021 at 04:27 PM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #10
Funkybot

MIDI Note re-order bug: enabling "Hide unused and unnamed note rows" or "Hide unused note rows" changes note order.

To Reproduce:

1. Change MIDI Note order to something you like
2. Enable "Hide unused and unnamed rows" or "Hide unused note rows"

Result: either action resets the note order.

Expected Result: custom note order should be retained, but unused and/or unnamed notes should otherwise be hidden as per action.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:05 AM   #11
thommazk

Can someone explain to me how to test media item lanes? I can't understand how to access it.
thommazk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:04 PM   #12
javiramallo

Hi.

Is someone experimenting this Issue with 6.30?
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=56

thanks in advanced.
javiramallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:15 PM   #13
daniellumertz

on 0705 I am getting the strange character in a dry run
daniellumertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #14
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommazk View Post
Can someone explain to me how to test media item lanes? I can't understand how to access it.
Open track context menu and enable 'Fixed item lanes' option, Or to always enable for new tracks, go to Preferences > Track/Send defaults and enable 'Fixed item lanes' there, you can then drag items onto the bar that appears at bottom of track media lane to add them to lane or something, haven't actually used it yet.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #15
dug dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
MIDI Note re-order bug: enabling "Hide unused and unnamed note rows" or "Hide unused note rows" changes note order.

I suspect this feature branch is still pretty much in the early stages and is not, yet, developed this far.
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:31 PM   #16
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug dog View Post
I suspect this feature branch is still pretty much in the early stages and is not, yet, developed this far.
Yep, that's exactly why I'm trying it out and reporting issues/providing feedback.
Old 07-07-2021, 05:06 AM   #17
thommazk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Open track context menu and enable 'Fixed item lanes' option, Or to always enable for new tracks, go to Preferences > Track/Send defaults and enable 'Fixed item lanes' there, you can then drag items onto the bar that appears at bottom of track media lane to add them to lane or something, haven't actually used it yet.
Weird. I didn't find in this release:
https://imgur.com/2ndXLkC
thommazk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:45 AM   #18
mozart999uk

Quote:
Getting back to the Note Editor Reordering for a moment. There are a lot of awkward aspects to the Note Editor view that may be worth looking at in relation to note names. Things like:

1. Double Right-Click to rename. Why not just double left-click? Single right-click auditions the note the same as single left-click, so it's not to prevent note-audition when that's enabled.

2. Once the right-click, gets cleared up, I think it would make a let of sense to create a Note Name Editor Right-Click Context Menu. Could have features listed like:
  • Load Note/CC names from file
  • Save Note/CC names from file
  • Clear Note/CC names
  • Separator
  • Rename current note
  • Clear current note name [Note #: Note Name]
  • Hide note [#] from view
  • Show all note rows
  • Restore original note order

...I think from a UI/ease of use Perspective, that is a much tidier way of managing this over the current approach.

3. I would love the ability to make the name name area wider in order to make more text visible.

4. After changing the note order, saving Custom Note names to file should save and restore the note order on load. Maybe we even need two Load actions: A) "Load note/CC names from file," and B) "Load note/CC names and note order from "file.

Since the files are basic .txt files, I'd hope that it would be relatively simple to append a note order # field to the end of each row that Reaper could read. If not present on a legacy file, no change. If present, and the user choses to load with note order, that's what gets loaded.
Agreed. All excellent ideas!...although I notice that single right click on a note selects all notes on that row which is quite useful...... Doesn't make much difference to your idea though

Last edited by mozart999uk; 07-07-2021 at 06:33 AM. Reason: thought of something else
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:06 AM   #19
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommazk View Post
Weird. I didn't find in this release:
https://imgur.com/2ndXLkC
Re-check the version of your REAPER, you're probably running a RC or release version.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:14 AM   #20
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Agreed. All excellent ideas!...although I notice that single right click on a note selects all notes on that row which is quite useful...... Doesn't make much difference to your idea though
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. It's definitely something that would need to be considered. I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if that functionality stayed as is and opened a menu (particularly since hide actions rely on the selected note), but then if you just want to select all notes, having a menu pop up menu appear could be a pain.

Personally, I think something like Alt+left click [over a note] would be better suited to select all notes, but that would inevitably break someone's workflow and impact more than just the named notes view.

I kind of feel like the "MIDI Editor Notes Pane" almost warrants its own entry Preferences->Mouse Modifiers. For instance, if we could configure what Alt, Ctrl, Shift clicking on a note in that pane does, it would allow for greater flexibility by end users. You could implement a right-click menu or not (similar to CC lanes), and allow users to customize how Reaper behaves when clicking on note names.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:38 AM   #21
Coachz

Default TCP Master track pre-fader metering option ?

Does Reaper have a TCP Master track pre-fader metering option ? Otherwise I won't be able to use the new LUFS meter integration as I don't keep my Master at 0dB. hmmm

www.chucktownband.com
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 04:16 AM   #22
mozart999uk

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. It's definitely something that would need to be considered. I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if that functionality stayed as is and opened a menu (particularly since hide actions rely on the selected note), but then if you just want to select all notes, having a menu pop up menu appear could be a pain.

Personally, I think something like Alt+left click [over a note] would be better suited to select all notes, but that would inevitably break someone's workflow and impact more than just the named notes view.

I kind of feel like the "MIDI Editor Notes Pane" almost warrants its own entry Preferences->Mouse Modifiers. For instance, if we could configure what Alt, Ctrl, Shift clicking on a note in that pane does, it would allow for greater flexibility by end users. You could implement a right-click menu or not (similar to CC lanes), and allow users to customize how Reaper behaves when clicking on note names.
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote