Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default I would appreciate a recommendation of a good FX chain for vocals using stock VSTs

I am struggling with REVERB.

At the moment, all I have is my background music on track 1 and my vocal has a BUSS track containing all the VSTs that I apply to the actual vocal track (Track 3).

My aunt to me is really good at listening to music and giving me honest feedback.

What she is say is that what I have been doing is causing there to be too much of an echo sound on my vocal and makes it hard to hear. In addition, the word she used was my vocal sounds 'Hollow'.

So, what I want to do here is totally scrap what I have been doing and start over from scratch.

The best way at the moment that I can describe what I am wanting (I think) is to add a VST of some kind to add what I will call a 'richness' or maybe sound more 'Full Body' sound along with any other recommendation to very subtly enhance the sound of my vocal.

I think what is happening is that I find some setting of a VST of one kind or another that sounds really cool to me, BUT, when I produce it and publish it I get this feedback I previously mentioned about my vocals.

I would be grateful for any offers of a vocal FX chain that some of you out there use that your happy with along with the settings you use as well!

With Gratitude,

Steven
Berkeley, CA USA
sjs94704 is offline   Reply With Quote