Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-19-2018, 11:16 PM   #1
alextone
Human being with feelings

Default Actions to lengthen or shorten midi items in the arranger and midi editor

I've been searching for keystroke actions to lengthen or shorten midi items (left and right edges) in the arranger and midi editor and have had no luck.

Can anyone tell me if such beasts exist, maybe under another name that i'm not associating with?

Alex.
alextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:41 AM   #2
o_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextone View Post
I've been searching for keystroke actions to lengthen or shorten midi items (left and right edges) in the arranger and midi editor and have had no luck.

Can anyone tell me if such beasts exist, maybe under another name that i'm not associating with?

Alex.
Hi, there is a script from MPL

'Stretch selected MIDI notes positions by custom x'

http://forum.cockos.com/member.php?u=70694

Does this suit your needs?
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:18 AM   #3
lunker

I'm not at my Reaper PC at the moment, but I know I have mapped actions like this to shortcut keys.

Try searching for action with "edge" in the name (and perhaps also "item" or "midi").

I have mapped actions to move the left edge of the item to the left/right, and to move the right edge of the item to the left/right, so that I can lengthen/shorten either edge of the item. There are separate actions that move the edges by grid size and by pixel, so try adding "grid" or "pixel" to your search. Hopefully you'll find them on your own.

If you haven't already come up with a solution by the time I get home (15 hours), I'll post back with the actions I use.
lunker is online now   Reply With Quote