Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
blmjr
Human being with feelings

Default Frozen Focusrite Saf USB 6

I'm getting the dreaded "Audio Interface" error where the playback cursor won't move and the error box pops up.

This problem has been detailed on these forums and I've re-read them hoping to come up with a new idea.

This same thing happened last year. I successfully resolved it by unplugging the USB cable and plugging it into a different port, I'd get the message "installing drivers" from Windows 7 and all was well after that.

This time, no joy.

Reaper plays back just fine through my internal sound card.

I've re-installed the drivers, booted into safe mode, manually stopped miscellaneous processes (dropbox, gdrive, goodsync, etc), tried different usb ports, usb cables, prayer, meditation and a macrobiotic diet.

I'm seriously considering re-installing my system, that's a pain and might not fix the problem. Buy a new audio interface? A new computer?

Any pointing of the right direction would be deeply appreciated.

System: Win 7, latest version of Reaper 32, Focusrite Saffire USB 6, latest drivers reinstalled
blmjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
j79

A longshot maybe, but do you have any Novation gear?

Quote:
N.B. Customers who use the Novation ASIO drivers for audio via the Xio, X-Station or Nio should note that they will not be able to do so whilst the Saffire 6 USB is installed on their system.
j79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
g4greg

Well, I own one, and although I love it to death, there is an issue with the USB 1.1 version. (the 2.0 is fine).

If you own an Intel I series chipset cpu (Especialy an I3, I5, I7), you're in for some trouble.

Not only will it not allow you to use low latency settings for no apparent reason, it will also conflict with other devices and stop working.

here is the link, and the workaround isn't free, but it's very cheap, and it works.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/...le.php?id=1127